Favorite non-park breakfast?

ForEver2016

Mouseketeer
We have a free morning (Saturday) before we leave, and we want to do a good breakfast. We were considering Kona Cafe, but are open to other suggestions! We are already doing Boma as we are staying at AKL.

Would love to hear what everyone’s favorite non-park breakfast is!

Boma would have been my first choice too (actually, I'd consider moving Boma to the last morning just to make getting out of town logistics easier).

Anyway, I might go with Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL, or Trail's End at FW.

I haven't tried the Ale & Compass yet (booked for December) but we used to really like its predecessor, the Captain's Grille so I'm hoping it's good. Also, Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin has a nice buffet. We also like Boma and Kona Cafe. We used to like Trattoria Al Forno but I understand it's now a character breakfast so we'll be avoiding that one. Kind of annoyed about it since we did like their menu.

Last edited:

We like The Wave a lot. You have the choice of the buffet or ordering a la carte off the menu. We also like Grand Floridian Cafe.

I enjoy the Cape May breakfast buffet with characters. What a way to say goodbye!

Ours has always been Kona in the Poly. Some of our faves are now gone from the menu, but Tonga Toast is so yummy! My parents really like Olivia's at OKW.

Garden Grove (in Swan) and The Wave are our favorites. Also love the 20% AAA discount at Garden Grove & 10%(?) Disney Visa discount at Wave.

We sued to like Trattoria Al Forno but I understand it's now a character breakfast so we'll be avoiding that one. Kind of annoyed about it since we did like their menu.

They have a non-character version available. Different price, different seating area of the restaurant. So if you like their menu enough, it might be worth looking into.

To the OP - I was going to suggest the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria. I haven't been yet (have it booked for our April trip) but I'm hearing it's the best character breakfast on property.

Boma's breakfast is my favorite meal. It's always our traditional last day breakfast when we're flying. We stuff ourselves silly, partly because with airlines, who knows when you'll eat again.
Cape May Cafe is my second favorite breakfast-it really depends on where I'm staying as to which I prefer.

I came in to say Boma , but thankfully you have that booked. Simply amazing there. Kona is another good option and if it is a free morning then it could make for a nice monorail tour after your breakfast.

We like The Wave a lot. You have the choice of the buffet or ordering a la carte off the menu. We also like Grand Floridian Cafe.
Same here. Even if you decide on the buffet, there are several items you can get that are made-to-order, such as french toast. Omg the three different spreads they serve with it is amazing. There’s a macadamia butter that’s out of this world. I love the Wave breakfast! It’s definitely a hidden gem and quite affordable.

Last edited:
I would say Kona for sure! It's kind of a tradition in my family to do Kona the morning that we leave. I'm usually against breakfast food but Kona is a must do for me.

Grand Floridian Cafe and Kona are my favorite breakfasts outside of the parks, when I want to do something more low key with no characters. If we do want a character breakfast, we love Cape May Cafe and Ohana. Von Boyage at the BW is on our list for next years trip - the food looks fantastic and I have seen nothing but great reviews.

I have never been but I always hear great things about The Wave for breakfast and Boma.

Our last trip, we started a Monorail Hop day with a late breakfast at Kona, looked at the Christmas decorations and gingerbread houses at the GF and CR, had cocktails at the Wave Lounge and watched a hula class at the Poly. we had planned on watching the fireworks and Electrical Water Parade from the TTC, but I pooped out! It's still one of the best memories of the trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter