Favorite restaurant for your last day?

maui2k5

DIS Veteran
Just curious if anyone has a tradition of favorite restaurant they like to go to when ending their trip to the world?

We are deciding where to go on our last day this Aug and was curious where others go to eat a last sit down meal (Lunch or Dinner) at the end of their trip?

I go to Magic Kingdom on my last day. That's always my last day ritual.
My flights home are most times the last flight of the night between 8-11pm.
I like to eat at or near MK so I don't waste time travelling around...I want as much time as possible in MK on that last day :hyper:

My last day routine: I eat late lunch at Skipper Canteen or Tony's, then grab something QS at the resort before I leave for the airport.

In 2 weeks I am doing something different for the first time, because I am staying at Disney Springs at the Wyndham.
I had to go off property :mad: because the value's were all booked up when I got the invite for Passholder preview of Pandora.
I'm still going to MK but I'm having last day dinner at Raglan Road at 5p then walking to the hotel to get a Lyft to the airport.
Sorry for being long winded. :oops:

We also spend our last day at MK. And we like to end our trip with dinner at Be Our Guest or Chef Mickey's.

well, we always had brunch at CM after we checked out...but the food and service was soooo terrible the last THREE times...we are going to have to find a new tradition.
we also afterwards go to DTD, er, Disney Springs to use up any remaining snack or cs meals. Goofy's is our go to. Sometimes get sandwiches for the road.
we still love Park Fare and strawberry soup, so we might move it to our last day for breakfast.

Last year we ended our last full day with dinner at ohana (our first time eating there). It was fun with the little activities for DD and the bread pudding was a heavenly choice for our last vacation dessert. If I were to choose again though I would probably do something in MK, maybe try to get an adr at BOG or CRT to enjoy the magic one last time.

We always seem to end up at Be Our Guest lunch on the last day. This time it will be BOG breakfast.

We spend our last day at MK then go to WS to eat at Via Napoli and then walk around until fireworks --if we can't get reservations for Via Napoli, then either of the Japanese restaurants are really good:)

We have a lazy morning on our last day & enjoy the resort. When we check out we go to Epcot & usually eat at LeCellier for a late lunch & if we go elsewhere it is SAN Angel Inn. They are both a great meal to end our trip with.

Our last full day for dinner? Artist Point... no question!

The day we fly out? The Wave bar... Wonderful appetizers and drinks!

I've learned NOT to do a TS on departure day unless we aren't doing a park. It killed too much of our final touring time.

When my wife and I are on an adult vacation we like to have lunch at Homecoming before we board the dreaded MDE bus back to the airport. When we have our grandchildren wth us we have to spend the last morning at the MK and will just grab something at Columbia House or Casey's.

We try to avoid going to the parks on departure days, but thus far have yet to have a last day ritual. We had planned on 'Ohana breakfast for our last day of our last trip, but some unexpected circumstances required that we hightail it out of Orlando, so we didn't do that. We do currently have it booked for our departure day for our upcoming trip though!

Our DME pickup time is usually around 4pm, so just enough time to have a leisurely lunch and do some last minute shopping. We used to always go to Portobello on our last day, until the food went seriously downhill. Since then we've hopped between different Disney Springs restaurants. Last time it was Homecoming. Next trip it will probably be Morimoto or Frontera, two of our favourites. If the Portobello menu looks good after the revamp we'd consider that too.

We don't get tickets to park for departure day. We are lazy - usually a breakfast at Ohana (either sleep in with a late breakfast, or early breakfast followed by pool time) - then hit the road home.

The Magic Kingdom has been mine and Moms last stop on our vacation at WDW at Be Our Guest is a great meal to finish of a great trip with in my opinion.

We always go to the MK on departure day, I have to walk down Main Street one last time. Last year we had BOG lunch but in years past we went to The Plaza.

We also never go to a theme park on departure day. Our TS is usually a late breakfast. And since we fly, we usually go for a buffet, where we stuff ourselves-with airplanes, who knows when you'll ever see food again. Bona's our first choice, occasionally Cape May character breakfast if we're at BCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter