Feathered Friends in Flight - Where Did it Go?

lorileahb

DIS Veteran
Feathered Friends in Flight currently (just checked) doesn't show up on my app, and no dates for 3/7 when we will be there. Also checked the website, and the link for check availability by day isn't showing up. It was a must do for my husband. I Googled refurb and didn't see anything... does anyone know what happened to it?

Mine still isn't showing. Maybe my app is glitching. I have an android and have that happen a chunk (even a message when I uninstall/reinstall it periodically... that issues can be experienced with a phone like mine). Frustrating.

Looks like it may be dark on certain days, but March 7th definitely is showing times starting at 3:30pm to 8:30pm.
Hi - thanks. How do you see March 7? On website, the calendar link is missing. On the app, I can see it with Animal Kingdom, but no dates for today, and don't see how to change the date?

Do you see times for today - I just pulled up app again, and I see nothing... it doesn't appear in the list of attractions at AK.
We went today and the times board out front of theater had NO times at all. Looked closed up and had a CM guarding the front. I didn't ask. Didn't see any fly out they do in other parts of park.

MY GUESS - Bird Flu is happening in the area so perhaps it is to protect the birds. Now that I think the bird aviary was quite empty as well.

We went today and the times board out front of theater had NO times at all. Looked closed up and had a CM guarding the front. I didn't ask. Didn't see any fly out they do in other parts of park.

MY GUESS - Bird Flu is happening in the area so perhaps it is to protect the birds. Now that I think the bird aviary was quite empty as well.
Thanks for the real-time update. Understand keeping the birds safe. Sounds like it will be a wait and see.

When I was there in December the bird habitat in Gorilla Falls trail was definitely emptier than it had been in the past. Hope birds are being protected and they'll be back safe soon

We went on Tuesday and were surprised there were no times on the board, but there were in the app. Talked with the castmember there - the theatre is being refurbished. They were doing mini shows every hour on the half hour on the small stage right across from the theatre. I think it was the birds third day being trained out there. Some were cooperative, some were confused. The crow just wanted all the popcorn being dropped. 😂

We went on Tuesday and were surprised there were no times on the board, but there were in the app. Talked with the castmember there - the theatre is being refurbished. They were doing mini shows every hour on the half hour on the small stage right across from the theatre. I think it was the birds third day being trained out there. Some were cooperative, some were confused. The crow just wanted all the popcorn being dropped. 😂
Thank you for the details. Lucky crow. Fingers crossed it's a short refurb. This is my husband's one must do on our trip. :)

I was there last week. Shows were scheduled, but the one I tried to see was cancelled, Instead the were doing a smaller, stripped down experience on the small stage across the walkway from the theater. I did not stay to watch--it was more of a "I haven't done that in a while" than a "I really want to see that" so I don't know what they did.

I didn't ask for an explanation. It definitely seemed unplanned/unexpected.

Thank you for the details. Lucky crow. Fingers crossed it's a short refurb. This is my husband's one must do on our trip. :)
It’s a favorite of mine too. We were actually there just to see it. They expected the refurb would only take a week or so. And they still tried to do most of the tricks from the show. It was entertaining in a different way to see them actively training. I don’t know if they’ll ever convince the crow it wants that dollar bill more than popcorn though. 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter