• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2, 2014 - Dream

Thanks so much guys for your replies on the Fish Extenders... I have signed up! Just to clarify i am buying or making a small gift for everyone on the list so if there are 5 people in a stateroom i place 5 items in their Fish Extender pouches? Sorry I'm a little slow :confused3

That's up to you! Some folks do a gift for each person, some do a single gift for the cabin, and yet others will do a gift for each child and then a single gift for the adults in the cabin. I have actually done it all three ways, and have received that way as well.

:goodvibes

We have a facebook group for this cruise. Some of you are on it. We started a group of people interested in a mixology class specially for this group. We have 21 and we need at least 25 but no more than 40. You can google the mixology class but its 15.00/person and you make 5 drinks. I think its 30 to 40 minutes long. You prepay, so if you're a no show, you still get charged. But this looks like a good deal for the money and a great way to meet each other. I think this might be the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/541986062555439/ If not you can look for Disney Dream February 2. Thanks!

Hi everyone - Dan and I have been much more active over on the FB group, but I have a question that might be better asked here. We just finished assembling our FE gifts from a copy of the list that we printed about a week ago and we were planning on gifting the late-comers, too. Today when I checked, a few more names were added - problem is we've already purchased/ordered/made all of our gifts. I (mistakenly?) thought that the cut off date had passed... what do I do? :(

I don't want to leave anyone out, but for time's sake we had to order and create our gifts (both of us work two jobs, so weekends are all we have to create gifts!) ... advice??

Hi everyone - Dan and I have been much more active over on the FB group, but I have a question that might be better asked here. We just finished assembling our FE gifts from a copy of the list that we printed about a week ago and we were planning on gifting the late-comers, too. Today when I checked, a few more names were added - problem is we've already purchased/ordered/made all of our gifts. I (mistakenly?) thought that the cut off date had passed... what do I do? :(

I don't want to leave anyone out, but for time's sake we had to order and create our gifts (both of us work two jobs, so weekends are all we have to create gifts!) ... advice??

How about doing something a little different for those folks that don't require you to craft something? Maybe magnets from your hometown, or movie-boxed style candy that can be taken to the theatre? Or even something valentine themed?

Hi there! We are new to the group and are super excited about our last minute decision to take this cruise! We have joined the FE group and have sent a request to join the Facebook page as well.

We will be traveling from Texas with our daughters who are 7 and 5. We haven't told them yet :)

To be sure I understand.... As a late comer I only give to other late comers and those with a yes next to their name right?

What will be the late comer deadline so I know everyone is signed up?

I just signed up as a late comer. I can see where there could be some confusion. I did sign up as a late comer but there were lines opened under the regular sign up and had an option to sign up in either part of the chart .

To be sure I understand.... As a late comer I only give to other late comers and those with a yes next to their name right?

What will be the late comer deadline so I know everyone is signed up?

Hi and welcome aboard!

Yes, as a late comer you are participating only with those on the late comer list as well as those on the original list with a YES in column C next to their name.

The deadline for the late comer list is 1/12/14. Others can be added after this date with the understanding they may not receive gifts from all.

I updated the spreadsheet a bit to make it a bit easier to identify who is late, and also added the cutoff date for the late comer list. Hope this helps everyone!

Can't wait!

We will be cruising with you :yay: Can't wait:) Just made the deadline for the late comer FE! Hope to be included. C ya at the meet and greet.

We will be cruising with you :yay: Can't wait:) Just made the deadline for the late comer FE! Hope to be included. C ya at the meet and greet.

Welcome aboard! I saw your name added last night as I was updating the spreadsheet to add an extra area for folks adding themselves beginning today. So glad you made it! :goodvibes

Well I added my father to our reservation today, this will be his first Disney cruise. I did add him onto our FE list, however not necessary to do individual gifts, for adults. I had already ordered our FE (sure hope it comes in on time), but there is no name or pocket for him. Now I really need to decide on what I am going to do for the gifts, I am just not creative at all. Hope I can find some good suggestions somewhere.

I have also sent a request to join the Facebook group too. I have been so behind on checking anything here.

We went on a Disney cruise last year and received several door magnets that had the date and ship name on it. So when we Decorate our door is it uncool to use these? I don't want to commit a Disney Door Faux pas!! :cool2:

Well I added my father to our reservation today, this will be his first Disney cruise. I did add him onto our FE list, however not necessary to do individual gifts, for adults. I had already ordered our FE (sure hope it comes in on time), but there is no name or pocket for him. Now I really need to decide on what I am going to do for the gifts, I am just not creative at all. Hope I can find some good suggestions somewhere.

How awesome that your dad will be joining you guys!

We went on a Disney cruise last year and received several door magnets that had the date and ship name on it. So when we Decorate our door is it uncool to use these? I don't want to commit a Disney Door Faux pas!! :cool2:

I often use previous sailings' magnets on our door!

We have a facebook group for this cruise. Some of you are on it. We started a group of people interested in a mixology class specially for this group. We have 21 and we need at least 25 but no more than 40. You can google the mixology class but its 15.00/person and you make 5 drinks. I think its 30 to 40 minutes long. You prepay, so if you're a no show, you still get charged. But this looks like a good deal for the money and a great way to meet each other. I think this might be the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/541986062555439/ If not you can look for Disney Dream February 2. Thanks!

I have an update if anyone is interested. Hope this is allowed:

Dream February 2, 2014
MIXOLOGY MEET UP

For those of you that signed up, we are scheduled for the sea day 2/5 @ 2 pm in Skyline. I think this location sounds great and I am super excited we were able to get this coordinated!

Anyone who hasn't sent me their names and stateroom #'s/reservation #'s please get those to me.

If you would like to join us there is still time!

Look forward to meeting everyone soon!

I have an update if anyone is interested. Hope this is allowed:

Dream February 2, 2014
MIXOLOGY MEET UP

For those of you that signed up, we are scheduled for the sea day 2/5 @ 2 pm in Skyline. I think this location sounds great and I am super excited we were able to get this coordinated!

Anyone who hasn't sent me their names and stateroom #'s/reservation #'s please get those to me.

If you would like to join us there is still time!

Look forward to meeting everyone soon!

I have added the mixology class to the meets list on the FE spreadsheet as well in case anyone prints that out ahead of time...they will have the info with them!

For those of you with youngsters, pgowder has a link listed on top of page 14 for them to get to know one another. I am unable to repost the link as I do not have enough posts on Disboards yet.. :( My youngest is really getting excited to meet and make new friends!

Working on FE gifts as we speak! :)

Stacy

My in-laws are going on this cruise, but are not DIS members. They asked if I could find out what movies will be playing. Has anyone here called to find out and would you be willing to share the list? Thanks :)

Ok, I just posted this on the Facebook page as well but wanted to be sure everyone here saw as well if you are not on the FB page.

With all the costs associated with our furbaby, I cannot justify keeping our CC family beach cabana. If anyone is interested in it, let me know and we can try and coordinate my releasing it with you grabbing it at the same time. If I don't hear back from anyone by tomorrow around 5 p.m., I'm just going to let it slip away from me. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter