February 2019 Discount Watch

My modifications (both online and over the phone) had the same reservation number as my existing reservations. My original deposit was still applied. To secure the Disney Visa discount, I had to make an additional $200 payment on the Visa card, because my original deposit was made by another method.

is there any way to view the revised rate online under the reservation? I didn't receive an email confirming the new rate, so I am just trying to confirm it has actually been applied

is there any way to view the revised rate online under the reservation? I didn't receive an email confirming the new rate, so I am just trying to confirm it has actually been applied

I have not received the email yet either, but was able to confirm the reservation and rate in the MDE app. In “My Plans,” find your resort reservations and tap “View Room Details.” From there, tap “View Charges.” Everything is showing there as it should be — at least that’s how it is working for me with a room-only rate.

Hope the email comes soon.

Holy moly..saved $1500 off with Disney Visa discount!

Just curious what resort? I have a package booked at Poly and was not expecting much if any discount, but when I called this morning the CM quoted me a Visa discount that was exactly the same price as the Magic room only discount. For Poly, there was only Lagoon or TPV, which would have added $1500 - $2000 to my trip :( Debating on whether or not to switch resorts for a discount now, but we really want to try Poly.

I have not received the email yet either, but was able to confirm the reservation and rate in the MDE app. In “My Plans,” find your resort reservations and tap “View Room Details.” From there, tap “View Charges.” Everything is showing there as it should be — at least that’s how it is working for me with a room-only rate.

Hope the email comes soon.

MDE does not show me a "View Room Details" - just a "change reservation" or "cancel reservation"

Just curious what resort? I have a package booked at Poly and was not expecting much if any discount, but when I called this morning the CM quoted me a Visa discount that was exactly the same price as the Magic room only discount. For Poly, there was only Lagoon or TPV, which would have added $1500 - $2000 to my trip :( Debating on whether or not to switch resorts for a discount now, but we really want to try Poly.

I switched from Poly to GF for that very reason. After discounts, the price for GF was actually cheaper than the Poly. (35% discount vs 10% for my trip dates.) Go figure. :scratchin

Holy moly..saved $1500 off with Disney Visa discount!
Not specifically a response to you...(and it appears from your signature that you're staying at AKL)

But For those sharing their savings...it would be helpful if you listed what Resort you were staying at AND how many nights. People are trying to get an idea of what the discount may mean to them but without that context it means nothing. People staying 3 nights at POP probably can't expect to save $1,500. People staying 10 nights at Poly...probably a different story ;)

just called again...confirmed I have the discount but emails can take up to 48 hours because of heavy traffic right now

MDE does not show me a "View Room Details" - just a "change reservation" or "cancel reservation"

I am looking in the MDE app. Amazingly, it’s working for me right now. Note that in the app, I can see resort charges for my February room-only reservation, but not for a bounceback package I have in December. I really wish things were more consistent across the board.

Our Visa discounts were also only the same as the other discounts. Kinda laaaaame.

Disney Visa is available! Just called and POR didn't have the discount, BUT....I changed to Caribbean Beach and saved about $900 for 12 nights.

Call if you have a Disney Visa!!! Only a 3 minute wait.

Our Visa discounts were also only the same as the other discounts. Kinda laaaaame.
Unfortunately it seems that you need to win the "resort and date lottery" to get additional discounts. Essentially you need to get lucky...some nights will have a larger discount, but many (most?) don't.

The following resorts are receiving an additional 10% discount through a Disney Visa:

Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Grand Floridian
Yacht Club
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
All Star Sports
All Star Music

Any other resorts...the price is the same on Gift of Magic OR Disney Visa - no difference.

Last edited:
I got a 16.9% overall discount ($511.70 vs $616 before tax) rebooking Pop for 4 nights. I did not use a Disney Visa. This was through GP offer. The Disney Visa offer % off was the same price.

The following resorts are receiving an additional 10% discount through a Disney Visa:

Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Grand Floridian
Yacht Club
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
All Star Sports
All Star Music

Any other resorts...the price is the same on Gift of Magic OR Disney Visa - no difference.

So just to confirm, if I'm booked at POR - Riverside I would not get an additional discount with the VISA card? Correct? Just want to be 100% sure. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter