• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2019 Discount Watch

If possible can someone post a link for the Disney Visa discount rates. Can't see it in special offers and not wanting to call in to see what's available as things can change!
There is no Disney Visa offer. They went general public from the get-go. If you go to the special offer page on Disney site, scroll about half way down to see the new spring offers.

So will other Disney Chase card discounts be announced as well??
I just called to ask about the Disney Chase Visa discount and the CM I spoke with said there were no visa discounts at this time. A previous year's thread said the CM's didn't have the Disney visa discount info until the afternoon or the next day when the discounts dropped last year.

Well it looks like the Magic Room discount would save us about $170/night but we're using a non-Disney TA who is in California, so it will be a while yet before I hear whether it will work out. (We booked several months ago.)

ETA: And kid-sized gift of magic would be a savings too. Our room class wasn't available for PSD so no idea there.

There is a Visa Discount that came out today as well. I talked with a CM about it on two different occasions this morning. Not a good as the one last year but it did release today.

Thanks so much for the heads up!!!

I was able to modify my February reservation online and apply the Gift of Magic discount. I also switched resorts from Polynesian standard view to Grand Floridian lagoon view and STILL saved over $200! Staying at the GF is a bucket list thing for me and this may be my best chance. :yay:

I was VERY impressed with availability or discounts for my dates this morning. Nearly every resort I looked at was available at many room levels. (Feb. 7-12). The discount at the Poly and Contemporary were only 10% whereas the other deluxes were 25%. With this level of availability, it will be interesting to see what is left for AP discounts when the time comes.

Good luck everyone and happy planning!!! :wizard:

Edited to add Contemporary @10%

Last edited:
Ok someone help me here.... I’m hearing I won’t save a penny with either promo at FQ... it will actually cost more? How is this possible?

I understand that FQ typically sees the least as far as discounts... plus it's a small resort, so perhaps the only thing they had available for the discount was a higher-priced room type (for example maybe you had a Standard room booked but all they have available for the discount is a River View room)? Just guessing here.

There is a Visa Discount that came out today as well. I talked with a CM about it on two different occasions this morning. Not a good as the one last year but it did release today.
Any details that you can recall about the discount? My CM said there was no discount. I saved about 9% at POFQ with the room only discount.

There is no Disney Visa offer. They went general public from the get-go. If you go to the special offer page on Disney site, scroll about half way down to see the new spring offers.
When I booked this morning the Disney agent specifically told me that the Disney Visa discount was my best option...so there must be one.

My dates are March 3-8. Pop was the same price with either of the discounts. I would save about $300 with the Visa discount over the General Public discount at AKL.

We are doing a split stay Pop and Contemporary. Saved 90 on the Pop stay and I switched us from theme park view at the Contemporary to theme park view at the Grand Floridan saved 250.

we have 7 nights in a 2-bedroom at OKW Feb 2-9...just called, got price down from $5400 to $4,084. Doing the happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travel agent was able to save us about $300 by applying PSD to our reservation at POR. Glad I held out on purchasing tickets from UT since she had to add tickets to our package to apply the discount. Was hoping to maybe be able to upgrade to a deluxe but those prices were coming out almost $1000 more so we'll stick with POR!

can anyone tell me how to view the rate we will be paying when logged into My Disney Experience? When I click on the reservation, it just shows dates and who is staying, but not the rate. I just want to be sure the discount was actually applied - she didn't make a new reservation, just applied it to the existing one. Now thinking about what everyone has written previously, isn't it supposed to be a new reservation?

Update:

Disney Visa discount is indeed out. I could not find it online, so I called to ask. For my dates I was able to secure 35% off Grand Floridian garden view (lagoon not available). This saved me yet another $400.

So far this morning:
Started with Polynesian standard view, rack rate
Modified online to get 25% off GF lagoon view using the Gift of Magic discount (Poly discount was only 10% so I switched resorts)
Called and modified again to get 35% off GF garden view using Disney Chase Visa discount

Total savings over previous reservation at Poly standard view: $608.80
Plus an excellent resort upgrade! :woohoo:

My day is done. :)

So if you have a Disney Visa, it’s worth the time to call and check! GOOD LUCK! :shamrock:

Last edited:
UPDATE to the SPD calculation thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2019-calculation-thread.3708403/

SPD Discount (Or Play Stay Dine for the newer folk, lol)

VALUE RESORTS:
2018 Discount
= 40% off of the Quick Service Dining Plan with NO additional room discount

MODERATE RESORTS:
2018 Discount
= 45% off of the Disney Dining Plan with NO additional room discount

These are both identical to last year's discounts.

Also worth noting that the following discounts are identical at these levels (although room category and availability could vary):
  • Gift of Magic Room Only
  • Kid-Sized Gift of Magic Package
  • Magical Family Memories Package
The only difference is the marketing speak. IF you select identical nights, tickets, dining, etc. then your cost will be the same regardless of which you pick.

can anyone tell me how to view the rate we will be paying when logged into My Disney Experience? When I click on the reservation, it just shows dates and who is staying, but not the rate. I just want to be sure the discount was actually applied - she didn't make a new reservation, just applied it to the existing one. Now thinking about what everyone has written previously, isn't it supposed to be a new reservation?

They modified my existing, and I received a new email with the updated rates (same Confirmation # and all that). It did take almost an hour to arrive to my inbox though.

My modifications (both online and over the phone) had the same reservation number as my existing reservations. My original deposit was still applied. To secure the Disney Visa discount, I had to make an additional $200 payment on the Visa card, because my original deposit was made by another method.

UPDATE to the SPD calculation thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2019-calculation-thread.3708403/

SPD Discount (Or Play Stay Dine for the newer folk, lol)

VALUE RESORTS:
2018 Discount
= 40% off of the Quick Service Dining Plan with NO additional room discount

MODERATE RESORTS:
2018 Discount
= 45% off of the Disney Dining Plan with NO additional room discount

These are both identical to last year's discounts.

Also worth noting that the following discounts are identical at these levels (although room category and availability could vary):
  • Gift of Magic Room Only
  • Kid-Sized Gift of Magic Package
  • Magical Family Memories Package
The only difference is the marketing speak. IF you select identical nights, tickets, dining, etc. then your cost will be the same regardless of which you pick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter