***** February 2022 Thread *****

Looking for a little help for my night 1 dining. We arrive in MCO around 5:00 pm and staying this first night at Pop. By the time we get to the hotel (if on time), I'm thinking 6:00/6:30 (we will Uber). This is me and my friend (40s moms - excited to be away from kids!) and are coming in for Princess 10k.

Option 1 - Dinner in Disney Springs (but we can also do DS the next night as well and have more time there, but it's night before the race)
Option 2 - Skyliner "crawl" with dinner at Topolino's or Sebastian's- as far as the rest of the crawl - any other stop, I'm not thrilled about.
Option 3 - dinner somewhere at a different resort

Today was my 60 day for ADRs for a 3 night trip. Was able to get Oga's on night 1 and 3. We have real doubts about going forward with this trip (we've got an unvaxxed among the traveling party) as we'll have to pay the balance at a time the new variant may be peaking. Going to talk to the travelers over xmas to see if we can find dates that will work for all 6 of us in March or April. Ugh.

We are traveling January 31 - February 10, staying at Port Orleans Riverside.

I'm starting to get really nervous about the trip reports I am seeing, and the insanely large crowds. This trip is taking up a large percentage of our family resources, and we are taking this trip before my mother's Parkinson's disease progresses to a point she can no longer enjoy it. So this is pretty much our second and last trip...and I am worried about it being "ruined" by the crowds.

But, we are excited!

Scheduled for a Tusker House breakfast and an Up Close with Rhinos. Otherwise we are going on the cheap (counter service and bringing our own snacks).

I'm starting to get really nervous about the trip reports I am seeing, and the insanely large crowds. This trip is taking up a large percentage of our family resources, and we are taking this trip before my mother's Parkinson's disease progresses to a point she can no longer enjoy it. So this is pretty much our second and last trip...and I am worried about it being "ruined" by the crowds.

But, we are excited!

Scheduled for a Tusker House breakfast and an Up Close with Rhinos. Otherwise we are going on the cheap (counter service and bringing our own snacks).

I will be there then too. I am trying to prepare myself for large crowds but hoping it won't be too bad.

It will be easier now to save money on Disney dining. Since post-lockdown, Disney has limited menus with lower quality and quantity but kept the high price. So, Disney dining isn't as tempting as it used to be.

Feb. will be our first trip to Disney. But, one of the things we did at USF is to make the food we brought in very appealing. So, instead of ordinary sandwiches, it would be croissant sandwiches with three types of Tillamook cheese, four types of deli meats and packets of Mayo that we'd saved from fast food. Everyone picked out their favorite chip. Another idea for a picnic meal is a box of crackers, a wheel of Brie and a squeeze bottle of jam and parchment paper squares to use as plates.

Looking for a little help for my night 1 dining. We arrive in MCO around 5:00 pm and staying this first night at Pop. By the time we get to the hotel (if on time), I'm thinking 6:00/6:30 (we will Uber). This is me and my friend (40s moms - excited to be away from kids!) and are coming in for Princess 10k.

Option 1 - Dinner in Disney Springs (but we can also do DS the next night as well and have more time there, but it's night before the race)
Option 2 - Skyliner "crawl" with dinner at Topolino's or Sebastian's- as far as the rest of the crawl - any other stop, I'm not thrilled about.

I would personally choose the DS route. Although I do love resort hopping.

Today was my 60 day for ADRs for a 3 night trip. Was able to get Oga's on night 1 and 3. We have real doubts about going forward with this trip (we've got an unvaxxed among the traveling party) as we'll have to pay the balance at a time the new variant may be peaking. Going to talk to the travelers over xmas to see if we can find dates that will work for all 6 of us in March or April. Ugh.

Aw, I hate y'all might need to postpone but at least postponing is better than cancelling all together. But I completely understand you need to do what is best for everyone in your group.

But, we are excited!

I will be there the 1st-6th at Port Orlens French Quarter. I am preparing myself for larger crowds but hoping for the best. I have a Tusker House breakfast as well. It will be my first time eating there. Not sure if I am keeping it or not. It's for 9:20 so I am hoping we can knock FOP out at Early entry and still have time to make the ADR time. I think the Up Close with Rhinos sounds interesting and hope to do it one day. As for the "cheap" route, I am all about that. I could seriously pack a sandwich and snacks and be happy but hubby likes full meals. I actually have considered having bread and Peanut Butter delivered (or pack it) and eat that while hubby does counter service for lunch.

It sort of depends on what you are looking to do. Just fuel for the race, I'd keep it simpler. If this a chance to try a new restaurant and include drinks, I might look for something more. The first hurdle is where you can get in. That would probably be my first screen.

Option 1 - would have more choices in a walkable area (once you get there). Option 2 - could include EP with the Skyliner. That opens up a World Showcase crawl if you have park tickets (and you would need a park reservation). Option 3 - if there is a resort you would otherwise not try it could be a good opportunity though some would be a little long to get to unless you uber/lyft to them (thinking monorail resorts). Personally, option 1 would be my last choice, but I am not a huge fan of DS. Depending on your preferences, I'd probably either head to WS (easier with Skyliner) or look at a Poly or Grand Floridian restaurant depending on the vibe you are after.

It sort of depends on what you are looking to do. Just fuel for the race, I'd keep it simpler. If this a chance to try a new restaurant and include drinks, I might look for something more. The first hurdle is where you can get in. That would probably be my first screen.

Option 1 - would have more choices in a walkable area (once you get there). Option 2 - could include EP with the Skyliner. That opens up a World Showcase crawl if you have park tickets (and you would need a park reservation). Option 3 - if there is a resort you would otherwise not try it could be a good opportunity though some would be a little long to get to unless you uber/lyft to them (thinking monorail resorts). Personally, option 1 would be my last choice, but I am not a huge fan of DS. Depending on your preferences, I'd probably either head to WS (easier with Skyliner) or look at a Poly or Grand Floridian restaurant depending on the vibe you are after.
I met with my friend and I explained our options (she's such a newbie - it's kind of cute). Night one we will try for Topolino's and take the skyliner. Night two will be Disney Springs and I think Boathouse. I'll make an earlier reservation since the race is the next day. Night three will be in Epcot. Not sure if I will choose a sit down or plan on snacking (might do sit down since there is NO festival!) I'm bitter we miss Festival of the Arts!

I met with my friend and I explained our options (she's such a newbie - it's kind of cute). Night one we will try for Topolino's and take the skyliner. Night two will be Disney Springs and I think Boathouse. I'll make an earlier reservation since the race is the next day. Night three will be in Epcot. Not sure if I will choose a sit down or plan on snacking (might do sit down since there is NO festival!) I'm bitter we miss Festival of the Arts!

Sounds like a solid plan. Bummer about no festival at EP but there are still a ton of good options whichever way you choose.

We've finally nailed down our trip for 1/25-2/9. We were supposed to have others with us for part of the trip, but it will just be the two of us now. My spouse has some health issues, and we are never sure which trip will be our last. We travel down on the auto train which is expensive but so much fun - and it's nice to have our car with us for packing purposes. We'll start at Kidani, move to POFQ, and end at GDT.

T-Minus 38 days to go. I paid the trip off yesterday. Guess now there is nothing to do except slowly pack and I won't start that for at least a couple of weeks. I bought hubby 5 new disney shirts for the trip as part of his christmas gifts. Makes paking easy. Normally I would make the shirts but got too good of a deal on Kohls Black Friday sales and I was able to coordinate them for each part and the shirts I got myself.

We've finally nailed down our trip for 1/25-2/9. We were supposed to have others with us for part of the trip, but it will just be the two of us now. My spouse has some health issues, and we are never sure which trip will be our last. We travel down on the auto train which is expensive but so much fun - and it's nice to have our car with us for packing purposes. We'll start at Kidani, move to POFQ, and end at GDT.
We have never taken the auto train but we have taken the train and loved it! So much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter