Feeding the Dolphins at Sea World

DISgeeksfromDC

'Just call me "Scoopy" from the Mickey Moms Club.
I've read that it's wisest to catch the earliest dolphin feeding at Sea World when the dolphins are hungriest.

Does anyone know what time that is? (Are the feeding times fairly consistent each day?)

As a point of reference: My family plans to visit Sea World next month. (I believe the Park opens at 9:00 a.m.)

Thanks!

It does change. The earliest that I have experienced it was 9:15 the latest 10:00. I would go there as soon as you get to the park. The timing of the next feeding is posted near the stairs to the dolphin area. Then you can either get in line or have a look at the stingrays, turtles, etc that are also in this area.

dolphingirl47

Thanks!

My dilemma: My friend and I are planning to take our sons (age 2) to Breakfast with Elmo and Friends at 10:30 a.m., while the daddies occupy our daughters elsewhere in the park. We're supposed to report to the SeaFire Inn at 10:15 a.m.

I really don't want to miss the dolphin feeding experience, though. If it occurs at 9:15 a.m., then we should be golden -- I think. If it's a 10:00 a.m., then we're out of luck.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if we should try to reschedule for the 8:30 a.m. breakfast or simply hope for the best. I suppose we could always return another day of the week expressly to feed the dolphins and catch whatever else we might have missed... (Our passes allow for re-entry.)

A few more questions:

*How early do you typically have to arrive at Sea World to ensure that you make it into the first group of dolphin feeders? (The park opens at 9:00, but I'm guessing it's best to arrive earlier to beat the crowds...?)

*How long does the experience typically take? (Is the posted time when folks actually begin to interact with the dolphins, or is that when folks can begin to purchase trays of fish?)

*Finally, where is the SeaFire Inn? (I haven't been to Sea World in decades... :eek: ) For whatever reason, I couldn't easily find it on the interactive map posted on Sea World's web site.

Thanks! I appreciate all the feedback I can get.

(Maaaan... Those are a lot of questions! :upsidedow )

Thanks!

My dilemma: My friend and I are planning to take our sons (age 2) to Breakfast with Elmo and Friends at 10:30 a.m., while the daddies occupy our daughters elsewhere in the park. We're supposed to report to the SeaFire Inn at 10:15 a.m.

I really don't want to miss the dolphin feeding experience, though. If it occurs at 9:15 a.m., then we should be golden -- I think. If it's a 10:00 a.m., then we're out of luck.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if we should try to reschedule for the 8:30 a.m. breakfast or simply hope for the best. I suppose we could always return another day of the week expressly to feed the dolphins and catch whatever else we might have missed... (Our passes allow for re-entry.)

A few more questions:

*How early do you typically have to arrive at Sea World to ensure that you make it into the first group of dolphin feeders? (The park opens at 9:00, but I'm guessing it's best to arrive earlier to beat the crowds...?) We usually get there for park opening time and never had a problem and we have been Thanksgiving and the week of July 4th in the past

*How long does the experience typically take? (Is the posted time when folks actually begin to interact with the dolphins, or is that when folks can begin to purchase trays of fish?) The advertised time is when the feeding booth opens, but the lines do move fairly quickly. They ask you to feed the fish as quickly as possible so that it does not spoil, but they are quite happy for you do stay in the feeding area for a while after you ed all your fish

*Finally, where is the SeaFire Inn? (I haven't been to Sea World in decades... :eek: ) For whatever reason, I couldn't easily find it on the interactive map posted on Sea World's web site. The SeaFire Inn is in the Waterfront area of the park. If you go back to the map and look for the Skytower, there is a big yellow building with large windows front of that (but not directly in front) and next to that building is the Pets Ahoy Theatre. This is the SeaFire Inn

Thanks! I appreciate all the feedback I can get.

(Maaaan... Those are a lot of questions! :upsidedow )

I hope that helps

Perfect! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for all of the helpful feedback! (As you probably can tell, I'm a bit of a "planner"... :rolleyes1 )

your gonna REALLY enjoy the feed

we did it this year

w got to the park just after opening & went to the stingrays & then RIGHT to the dolphin area
I saw the sign & hung out
FYI: if you get to the line entrance & it will be opening in 15-20 mins...HANG OUT at the entrance
I hung out close but all of a sudden there was a huge line so i jumped in, but i could have been 1st ...not that it really mattered cause there was room & the dolphins were hungry & all over!!!!
it was $5 a tray(4-5 fish)
WORTH EVERY PENNY

How many trays of fish did you buy?

I was thinking 2 for each kid since feeding the dolphins is in my DD's top 5 things she wants to do and DS also thought it might be cool. (he's 12 so that's about as excited as he'll get. :rotfl2:)

It is now $7 a tray, $6 if you have an annual pass. You only get 3 fish a tray. I went just a couple of weeks ago and it has changed.

It is now $7 a tray, $6 if you have an annual pass. You only get 3 fish a tray. I went just a couple of weeks ago and it has changed.

'Bummer about the price hike! (I'm still planning to participate, though.) Thanks for the warning...

*Is there a discounted price for purchasing multiple trays? (...'Cuz we could split some with our friends.)

*Also, do you remember off-hand if the first feeding during your visit was earlier (such as 9:15 a.m.) or later (10:00ish)?

'Just curious...

Thanks!

your gonna REALLY enjoy the feed

we did it this year

w got to the park just after opening & went to the stingrays & then RIGHT to the dolphin area
I saw the sign & hung out
FYI: if you get to the line entrance & it will be opening in 15-20 mins...HANG OUT at the entrance
I hung out close but all of a sudden there was a huge line so i jumped in, but i could have been 1st ...not that it really mattered cause there was room & the dolphins were hungry & all over!!!!
it was $5 a tray(4-5 fish)
WORTH EVERY PENNY
Picture701.jpg

Picture710.jpg

Oh, wow! Thanks for the details and for posting the great pics!! :thumbsup2

My kids (and I :rolleyes1 ) are really looking forward to this! :teeth:

We just went to SW on Monday and it is $7.00 per tray. No discounts for multiple tray purchase. I think we got 4-5 fish per tray. The first feeding time on Monday was 10:15. There was a line but it went pretty quickly. Oh and its cash only.

I have fed the doplhins at Sea World in San Antonio and it is amazing! You will have so much fun! I can go broke from going back and buying more fish and more fish and more fish.....:goodvibes

'Bummer about the price hike! (I'm still planning to participate, though.) Thanks for the warning...

*Is there a discounted price for purchasing multiple trays? (...'Cuz we could split some with our friends.)

*Also, do you remember off-hand if the first feeding during your visit was earlier (such as 9:15 a.m.) or later (10:00ish)?

'Just curious...

Thanks!

There is no discount for multiple purchases. That would be great though as I always buy 2 trays and would buy more if there was a discount!!! I don't know how the other poster gets 4-5 fish a tray.:confused3 I've done this a bazillion times and always get 3 fish. Once one tray only had 2 fish so I went back and asked for my 3rd fish. We always get there at opening and the 1st feeding has always been at 9:15. I also have some good pictures if you are interested.

The first feeding time on Monday was 10:15.

We always get there at opening and the 1st feeding has always been at 9:15.

Here's hoping for the earlier (9:15 a.m.) feeding time, because that's what works best with my current touring sked! ::yes::

'Makes me wonder if maybe the weekly feeding schedules are consistent -- but times vary depending on the day of the week. (Or, maybe that's simply wishful thinking on my part... :rolleyes1 ) Could weekday versus weekend times differ, perhaps? :confused3

Hey, dolphinrescuegirl: Is there a specific day of the week (or time of the year) when you tend to visit Sea World and feed the dolphins? ... Still trying to crack SW's "code" -- if there is any rhyme or reason! :upsidedow

Very cool, dolphinrescuegirl! Thanks for the great pics! :thumbsup2

Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe there's an extra/earlier (9:15 a.m.) feeding on Fridays and weekends (which tend to be more crowded) and a 10:00ish first feeding during weekdays. Who knows... :confused3

We're planning to visit on a Monday, and I'll see if the weekday schedule supports my little theory. (I'll also ask a few staffers while I'm there.) Then, I'll post what I learn here.

I actually tried to contact SW via e-mail for a definitive answer, but -- so far -- the customer support folks remain unresponsive. :rolleyes:

Just was there last week...it IS $7 per tray for fish and the tray only has 3 fish.

To the OP, we also did the 10:30 breakfast with Elmo and then went to the dolphin feeding and hit the 12-ish feeding time without any problems.

Kids loved both. :thumbsup2

What is the latest feeding time? We won't be getting to SW until after 5pm.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter