Feeding the Dolphins at Sea World

Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe there's an extra/earlier (9:15 a.m.) feeding on Fridays and weekends (which tend to be more crowded) and a 10:00ish first feeding during weekdays. Who knows... :confused3

We're planning to visit on a Monday, and I'll see if the weekday schedule supports my little theory. (I'll also ask a few staffers while I'm there.) Then, I'll post what I learn here.

I actually tried to contact SW via e-mail for a definitive answer, but -- so far -- the customer support folks remain unresponsive. :rolleyes:

I finally heard back from Sea World last week regarding my questions about the Park’s dolphin-feeding schedule and hours of admission.

*The good news: It appears that two different staff members took the time to reply, because I received two separate responses to my initial e-mail inquiry.

*The bad news: The information arrived after my Sea World visit. :rolleyes:

My Questions:

*I recently read on the Aquatica web site that patrons who purchase their tickets in advance receive access to the park an hour before it opens to the general public. (So, if Aquatica is scheduled to open at 9:00 a.m., then those with tickets in hand can enter as early as 8:00 a.m.) Does Sea World offer the same benefit?

*Also, are the dolphin-feeding times consistent each day? If so, what time is the earliest feeding?

Sea World's Responses (cut-and-pasted below):

Thanks for contacting SeaWorld Orlando. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. Seaworld opening time is 9:00 a.m we do not open one hour earlier. First feeding time is within one hour of park opening.

We look forward to seeing you.

Sincerely,

Guest Correspondence
SeaWorld Orlando

Thanks for contacting SeaWorld Orlando. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. Due to the very large volume of correspondence we have received, we apologize we were unable to respond to your e-mail until now. You have probably visited the park; I hope you had a great day.

In case you have not gotten an answer, SeaWorld does not open it's doors before the scheduled opening time. There is not early admission for advance sale tickets. The dolphin feeding times are not always the same each day. The first one is typically around 9:15 in the morning. The rest are scheduled around the dietary needs of the dolphins. The Zoological and Educational staff around the Dolphin Cove will be able to give you a general time table the day of your visit.

If you have any further questions, please visit us online at www.seaworld.com or call 1-888-800-5447 toll free.

Thanks again for visiting our Web site. Should you require additional information, please contact our Customer Service & Information Center at 1-888-800-5447.

Sincerely,

Guest Correspondence
SeaWorld Orlando

I had to chuckle at the admission in that last response that I’d probably already visited the Park. (I have!)

Of course, I guess that means I’ve got some ‘splaining to do, since I’ve yet to report back with details. :blush: (‘Sorry about that, folks! I’ll post some photos and insights in the next day or two.) :flower3:

The last three times I have gone the feeding has been at 9:30. Once was in December, then the two times before were August and March.

This was the most amazing experience ever! I will do it again everytime...no matter how much the price goes up.

What we do is get to the park at 9:00 exactly when they open and head straight for the dolphins. This has seemed to work out perfectly everytime. Also rememeber they take pictures of you feeding the dolphins and sell them. The price is high but the quality is good and a great way to remember the special moment!

I was there May 08 and the feeding time for dolphins was 10.30.No discount on buying fish.At the string rays they had a special buy 3 trays and get the 4th one free

The last three times I have gone the feeding has been at 9:30. Once was in December, then the two times before were August and March.

This was the most amazing experience ever! I will do it again everytime...no matter how much the price goes up.

What we do is get to the park at 9:00 exactly when they open and head straight for the dolphins. This has seemed to work out perfectly everytime. Also rememeber they take pictures of you feeding the dolphins and sell them. The price is high but the quality is good and a great way to remember the special moment!

I agree about the photos! When we last visited Seaworld, we too went directly to the dolphin feeding area and did that first. It was a definite highlight of our trip.

Yeah, I was a little dissapointed the last time we went back in March...seven dollars is a little outragoeous, well six cuz we have passports. But now they only allow the people that are buying the fish in one part and observers have to go to the end. Crazy.

Oh well, worth seein those beautiful fins though.

I'm going to Sea World in November and can't wait to be there.

@ everyone who was already there: do the photographers always take photos when you feed the dolphins or do you have to tell them? how many photos do they take and what do they cost?

hope you can help me! thanks in advance!

Hiya guys.

How do you book for the dolphin feed ?, is it just a case of turning up and hoping to get in ie there are limited spaces available per feeding sessions:confused3

My DS's and DD would love to experience this :thumbsup2

I think you can't book it in advance! You have to wait in a line to buy some fish and then get to the area where you can feed the dolphins. That's what I've read about the feeding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter