Final Details Everything Else Disney Swap

Franne

DIS Veteran
Due: February 20th

Ok, we have 22 swappers for each Group So everyone needs to send me 22 of each item they make.
Please place all of your items that you make in plastic type bags or envelopes for each person. Then put all of them into a large ziplock bag. So if you are participating in both groups, you will send me 22 sets for Group A and 22 sets for group B. When I get everything I will swap them out and send them back to you. Don't forget to add your name to your elements so we know who did what :)
Please remember to include $3.85 for return postage for your goodies to get to you, it can be in the form of a stamp or conceled cash. I think I am going to try using the USPS.com mailing labels so we can get free delivery confirmation (At least I think that's how it works, then we can at least track the packages should some become lost)
If anyone knows that for sure, let me know. I will get the priority mail envelopes from my post office, so no need to send one.
I think that about does it...if I missed anything, please let me know as this is my first time hosting
You girls have all been great!
Franne
Group A :
BLUE=RECEIVED
RED=NOT RECEIVED
1 Topper 8.5 inches (no handwriting please) : CLOSED
Crystal Palace/ Pooh and Friends- MichellePooh
Red/Black Mickey - Mom2Madi

2 Borders ( 2 Vertical 11 inches in length ) : CLOSED
Christmas at Disney- Nicki dahling
All Sports Lodging- ksjayhawks

1 Shaker box: CLOSED
Magical Memories- TinkerKat
Tink- Scrapcreator

2 Journal Boxes – ( double matted ) 2 per person, at least a 2x2 writing area :CLOSED
Mickey Icon - Jennz
Disney Magic- Scrapperjill

4 Embellished squares ( double matted ) 4 per person : CLOSED
Mickey and the Gang - Limmer
Princess- Piratesmate

1 Matted Poem or song Lyric ( double matted/embellished ) at least 4x4 space ( no handwriting please ) : CLOSED
Swimming at the Pool - WDWMom
Blizzard Beach - Twigs

1 Paper piecing : CLOSED
Typhoon Lagoon - Snow White
Lion King- My4girls

2 Frames ( embellished ) : CLOSED
Mickey- Disneyfreakjackie
Sci Fi Dine In- Mickeys Old Friend

2 Photo Mats ( double matted/embellished ) 2 per person : CLOSED
Chef Mickeys- Inky Dinky Doo
Fireworks- DianaLyn

2 Tags ( double matted ) 2 per person must include either fibers or eyelets in the holes : CLOSED
Downtown Disney: Franne
Minnie Mouse- WDW Princess Keli

Shaped Eyelets ( 6 per person ) : CLOSED
Magic- Disneyland Emily
Mickey- Spinning

Group B :The reason for the two groups is so that those who would like to can create and receive several elements from the same group. Ex. If you create a border in group 1, than you will create a different matching element in group 2. This is only an option, I will keep Group B open if at least one in each element is filled.

1 Topper 8.5 inches (no handwriting please) : CLOSED
Downtown Disney: Franne
Disney Magic- Scrapperjill

2 Borders ( 2 Vertical 11 inches in length ) :CLOSED
Mickey and the Gang - Limmer
Princess- Piratesmate

2 Journal Boxes (double matted) 2 per person, at least a 2x2 writing area : CLOSED
Mickey- Disneyfreakjackie
All Sports Lodging- ksjayhawks

4 Embellished squares (double matted) 4 per person : CLOSED
Mickey Icon - Jennz
Crystal Palace/ Pooh and Friends- MichellePooh

1 Matted Poem or song Lyric: CLOSED
Raven3517
Magic- Disneyland Emily

1 Paper piecing : CLOSED
Chef Mickeys- Inky Dinky Doo
Rainforest Cafe- Dreaming of BCV

1 Shaker Box:
Blizzard Beach - Twigs
Scrapcreator -Epcot

2 Frames ( embellished ): CLOSED
Goofy- Goofygirl0207
Magical Memories- TinkerKat

2 Photo mats (double matted/embellished ) 2 per person : CLOSED
Sci Fi Dine In- Mickeys Old Friend
Red/Black Mickey - Mom2Madi

2 Tags (double matted) 2 per person must include either fibers or eyelets in the holes : CLOSED
Swimming at the Pool - WDWMom
Christmas at Disney- Nicki dahling

Shaped eyelets ( 6 per person ) :CLOSED
Typhoon Lagoon - Snow White
Mickey- Spinning

Thanks Franne for hosting. Hoping to buy my stuff next week and get started. Have a rough idea in my head , but need to put it on paper.

Cyndi princess:

Ok Girls, silly question.... If I am doing frames, and let's say I want to double mat it, do I then use "respositional tape" so that you can remove the first layer to insert picture? I know scrappers "hate to commit" to the permanaent glue until the idea has come full circle and they know exactly which picture they will use in a particular frame.
Since this is my first swap want to get it all straight. Thanks! Kathy

Bumping this hoping for a response? Hello.. Franne?

Hi! Sorry, I have been away from the boards. When I did frames I had the same question, I just put tape on the top, so it was open on the other 3 sides, since I figured you had to get the picture in somehow. I would think if you have repostitional tape, that would be great. Otherwise you can go with the taping it on the top. What does everyone else think??
Franne

I usually use frames by laying them over a picture on a page, I do not insert them inbetween the layers of the frames, but maybe that is just me.

I double layer , and then just lay them over the top of my pics like Twigs does.

Cyndi princess:

Twigs said:
I usually use frames by laying them over a picture on a page, I do not insert them inbetween the layers of the frames, but maybe that is just me.
Same here!!!

Here is the list of participants in BOTH groups:
Michelle Pooh
Mom2Madi
Nicki dahling
ksjayhawks
TinkerKat
Crapcrator
Jennz
ScrapperJill
Limmer
Piratesmate
WDWMom
Twigs
SnowWhite
DisneyFreakJackie
Mickeys Old Friend
Inky Dinky Doo
Franne
Disneyland Emily
Spinning

And Participants in A only
WDWPrincess Keli
DianaLyn
My4girls

And Participants in B only
Raven3517
Goofygirl0207
Dreaming of BCV

So to make it easier, for the 19 in both groups just use one baggie and put both elements in. That way you don't need 44 bags, just 25 bags (19 for both and 6 individual) all inside one big bag.
For those of you in one group, then just send 22 bags inside one big bag :)
The $3.85 for postage is a flat rate priority envelope so the weight doesn't matter as long as everything fits inside. The past swaps we've done, there hasn't been a problem with both groups fitting in the envelope.
Hope that clears it all up.
Franne
I am posting this on the other thread too :)

Franne! You are so on top of this! Thank you!
I am soooooo happy with my "creativity" that I had already decided, I'm just sending for everyone! So those three gals in A will get my B creations. And vis versa.
I'm finally on a roll... And I had the number 22 stuck in my head. Hope that's ok.

My only question is, I count a total of 25 participants total? Thanks, Kat

TinkerKat said:
Franne! You are so on top of this! Thank you!
I am soooooo happy with my "creativity" that I had already decided, I'm just sending for everyone! So those three gals in A will get my B creations. And vis versa.
I'm finally on a roll... And I had the number 22 stuck in my head. Hope that's ok.

My only question is, I count a total of 25 participants total? Thanks, Kat

That's very nice of you, 25 is the correct overall number of participants.
Franne

Okay...I'm just about ready to get everything shipped off. I have all 22 items for each group done...but now I have a couple more questions... I see you made a nice list of who is in both groups and who is in just grout A or B...That's real nice...works out handy. I had to put my toppers in an envelope...because they didn't fit into a ziplock....well they would have fit into a LARGE one...but anyways...there in envelopes...That should be alright...So I have 22 baggies and 22 envelopes...But my questions...I'm wondering how to put our name on the items...where does it usually go?...on the baggie/envelope...or on the item itself??? And do we HAVE to put everything in a XL ziplock when we ship it??? I wouldn't have thought of doing the flat priority mail rate...I was trying to stuff everything in a regular lg shipping envelope.

I think the idea of putting the items in plastic is so that they will not get damaged if the packages get wet. I was able to get my borders into a gallon size ziplock bag, I think I put them in diagonally. Or you can wrap them up with plastic wrap. I usually put everything in a large shipping envelope with cardboard so that the items do not get bent, with the flat rate envelopes they are already cardboard. In past swaps some people have put their names on the back of their items and others on the baggies. I am not sure what everyone prefers.

scrapperjill said:
Okay...I'm just about ready to get everything shipped off. I have all 22 items for each group done...but now I have a couple more questions... I see you made a nice list of who is in both groups and who is in just grout A or B...That's real nice...works out handy. I had to put my toppers in an envelope...because they didn't fit into a ziplock....well they would have fit into a LARGE one...but anyways...there in envelopes...That should be alright...So I have 22 baggies and 22 envelopes...But my questions...I'm wondering how to put our name on the items...where does it usually go?...on the baggie/envelope...or on the item itself??? And do we HAVE to put everything in a XL ziplock when we ship it??? I wouldn't have thought of doing the flat priority mail rate...I was trying to stuff everything in a regular lg shipping envelope.

You have it right, take all 22 bags and 22 envelopes and put them in a big baggie. You can ship it to me whichever way you want, we use priority to send it back to you because it's one price, makes it much easier!

As for your name, you can put it on the back of your peices or on the envelope or baggie. What I usually do is print off a sheet of labels and stick them on the baggie or envelope so I don't have to write it for all of them.
Hope that helps!
Franne

Labels....that's a good idea. I had (note HAD) everything ready last night before I went to bed....but guess what...Got up this morning...and my dog...took the envelope with all the baggies and other envelopes...and shreaded it. Of course all the baggies and envelopes were spread all over my family room floor :sad2: ... some of the baggies were ripped open....and shreaded. :sad2: :sad2: Rrrrrr. I'm soooo mad. Luckly none of the 22 envelopes were harmed. From looking at things...I'll need to redo about half of them...well maybe a little less than half..

Oh...but it's not just the swap items she got her teeth into...but also my stash of fibers....yep I had all my fibers unwound and spread around the family room floor this morning also. I just want to know what made her get in my scrap bag and on the table to get these things out.... :confused3 Well I guess I better get back to working on them.

Oh my gosh! Well, look at the good side, she could have destroyed them all then you would have to start all over. I guess the dog likes his "scraps" too! :goodvibes So glad I only have a cat!!
Franne

Well after picking every thing up and re-bagging it all I only had to remake 3 sets of the journaling boxes...now everything is baged, stuffed in envelopes...and bagged again. I think I'm ready to head to the post office tomarrow :teeth: ...before the dog gets them again.... She's a puppy...and I can't wait until she gets out of the chewing phase. I've never had her do anything like that before...usually it's shoes or toys that were left out...but never on the table....or in my scrap bag. I was so careful to pick everything up last night also. I guess she just got a little to excited when she saw the package...thinking it must be for her...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter