• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finally!!!

Congratulations and an (official, now) WELCOME HOME!

Congratulations, vascubaguy! You and I have been going through each step in the process at pretty much the same time, so it's been fun reading your posts along the way. I just found out yesterday that we closed on 8/10, so I know how you feel. It didn't feel "real" to me until we closed. I didn't even add the BWV logo to my signature until we got through closing, just in case something went wrong and the deal fell through. So, I know exactly how good you are feeling right now!

I called Member Services today to see if I was in their system. They said they have my paperwork but their system was having problems today so I didn't get added yet. Should be in tomorrow provided the system problems get resolved. So with luck, you'll be in by this time next week! :Pinkbounc

Congratulations and Welcome Home.
Boy it must've seemed like forever! Glad to hear it finally came through for you! :)

Congrats vascubaguy and LisaS. Keep calling member services. They had me in their system a week ago, but it took another couple of days before my points actually showed up.

Out of the 300 points I purchased (August UY), I've already "spent" 277. I'm waitlisted for an extra day's stay in a studio for October, so hopefully that will come through.

And Welcome Home!!

Thanks again everyone!

I actually called my guide today and told him to be on the lookout for me to get setup in the system. Then to call me as soon as he sees me in there so we can get the paperwork going for an add-on... :rolleyes1 He said he'd keep checking and give me a call as soon as I'm in! :goodvibes

vascubaguy said:
Thanks again everyone!

I actually called my guide today and told him to be on the lookout for me to get setup in the system. Then to call me as soon as he sees me in there so we can get the paperwork going for an add-on... :rolleyes1 He said he'd keep checking and give me a call as soon as I'm in! :goodvibes

lol talk about giving your guide incentive!!! lol

Good luck with that add-on!

Where are you looking to add on, vascubaguy? Are you going to buy more OKW points or add on somewhere else?

Just called MS and I'm still not in the system... maybe I should try your approach and see if my guide could push things along!

I wasn't trying to push to get processed sooner, I just let my guide know that I should be in any time now and asked if he could check and let me know when I get in so we can do the add-on, otherwise I would be calling and bugging him every other day. :teeth:

Oh, and I am planning on donig 100 points at SSR, but only if the deal my guide and I discussed a few weeks ago is still good ($8 off per point and getting 2004 points banked - I have Oct UY). If for some reason that can't be done now, I'll either go back to the resale market or might do a smaller add-on at BWV.

vascubaguy said:
I wasn't trying to push to get processed sooner, I just let my guide know that I should be in any time now and asked if he could check and let me know when I get in so we can do the add-on, otherwise I would be calling and bugging him every other day.
I didn't mean to imply you were pushing to get into the system sooner, but it just might work out that way, and from where I sit, I would be grateful for anything working in my favor! On Tuesday MS told me "we have your paperwork and you'll be in the system on Wednesday." So I call today/Wednesday and I'm told "No, we don't have you in the system. Call back on Thursday." So I'm feeling very anxious and disappointed. I've got my reservations all mapped out and ready to go -- just need to get in the system so I can start booking them!

Thats a wonderful feeling.
Enjoy making your 1st ressis,,
and all those to follow.

Just wondering if you will receive any members book where you can find all the rules for DVC from Disney or from the seller???

Thanks

Disney Fanatic said:
Just wondering if you will receive any members book where you can find all the rules for DVC from Disney or from the seller???

Thanks

When you buy resale, you actually get a new members packet directly from DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter