• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finally!!!

I spoke with a very nice person in DVC Administration today. In fact, everyone I've spoken to in Member Services and in Administration in the past three days has been extremely nice on the phone -- very friendly and helpful! Anyway, she told me that they have had computer problems for the past two days and as a result, things are backlogged. She assured me I would be in the system tomorrow and suggested I call her back after 2pm tomorrow and she will personally verify everything for me.

So I guess my paperwork just happened to arrive at a very bad time (in the middle of a computer virus attack) otherwise I would be in already. I hope you have better luck, vascubaguy!

LisaS said:
I spoke with a very nice person in DVC Administration today. In fact, everyone I've spoken to in Member Services and in Administration in the past three days has been extremely nice on the phone -- very friendly and helpful! Anyway, she told me that they have had computer problems for the past two days and as a result, things are backlogged. She assured me I would be in the system tomorrow and suggested I call her back after 2pm tomorrow and she will personally verify everything for me.

So I guess my paperwork just happened to arrive at a very bad time (in the middle of a computer virus attack) otherwise I would be in already. I hope you have better luck, vascubaguy!

Hrmm... maybe they pushed back your paperwork so they could rush mine thru! :goodvibes I'll let ya know if I get a call in the morning from my guide. :rotfl2:

vascubaguy said:
Oh, and I am planning on donig 100 points at SSR, but only if the deal my guide and I discussed a few weeks ago is still good ($8 off per point and getting 2004 points banked - I have Oct UY). If for some reason that can't be done now, I'll either go back to the resale market or might do a smaller add-on at BWV.

I may be wrong because I'm relatively new here but I thought that if your add on is somewhere other than your home resort (isn't yours OKW?), you had to buy at least 150? Has this changed? Or am I just a confused (ok - maybe I'm that anyway but . . . ) :)

Anyway - good luck Vascubaguy and keep us posted, ok? :wizard:

:flower:

BkrsLoveDis! said:
I may be wrong because I'm relatively new here but I thought that if your add on is somewhere other than your home resort (isn't yours OKW?), you had to buy at least 150? Has this changed? Or am I just a confused (ok - maybe I'm that anyway but . . . ) :)

Anyway - good luck Vascubaguy and keep us posted, ok? :wizard:

:flower:
I'm new to DVC, too, but I believe you can add as few as 25 points at any resort provided it is the same use year as your original contract. If you buy a different use year, then it's treated as a new contract with a minimum purchase of 150 points. Someone please correct me if this is not correct information.

LisaS said:
I'm new to DVC, too, but I believe you can add as few as 25 points at any resort provided it is the same use year as your original contract. If you buy a different use year, then it's treated as a new contract with a minimum purchase of 150 points. Someone please correct me if this is not correct information.

Correct! :teeth:

vascubaguy said:

Oooo! This is great news! (My DH perhaps will probably not see it that way since I am the one having add-on addiction problems right now but . . .)

WOW!!! Whoopeee - hmmmm - wonder where I'll add on next?!?!

:cool1:

Well, I literally just got off the phone with my guide. He called and told me that he checked this morning and I wasn't in the system yet. :guilty: But then he said he just checked again and I WAS IN!!! :bounce:

We then immediately proceeded with doing an SSR add-on. :teeth: I was going to do just 100 points, but at the last minute I decided to do 110. I'm getting the 2004 points and he said I could call tomorrow to get those banked. :teeth: :cool1:

vascubaguy said:
Well, I literally just got off the phone with my guide. He called and told me that he checked this morning and I wasn't in the system yet. :guilty: But then he said he just checked again and I WAS IN!!! :bounce:

We then immediately proceeded with doing an SSR add-on. :teeth: I was going to do just 100 points, but at the last minute I decided to do 110. I'm getting the 2004 points and he said I could call tomorrow to get those banked. :teeth: :cool1:

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! And I'm so JEALOUS!!!!! I want to do my add on NOW!!! Waaa!!

Fantastic news - congrats again!!! :sunny:

Cyn

That's great news!! Congratulations on finally making it into the system and for the new addition. From DVC's perspective, you've gone from non-owner to owner of one resort then to owner of 2 resorts in less than 24 hours! :teacher: I wonder if that's a record?

Congrats!!!

Isnt it a great feeling to belong
Congrats and happy planning.

vascubaguy said:
When you buy resale, you actually get a new members packet directly from DVC.
Congrats - everything's moving along nicely now, enjoy planning.

We didn't get anything but our recorded deed (and Tom's good wishes) when we purchased resale in May. However, today, we got our add-on paperwork (and DVC tote :banana: :banana: :banana: sorry, had to dance) and a nice box full of legal-looking stuff, including 2 manuals that I haven't opened yet.

Great news Vascubaguy, I'm happy it all went so well for you.
Welcome Home

And congrats to you too Keishashadow!!

idratherbeinwdw said:
Great news Vascubaguy, I'm happy it all went so well for you.
Welcome Home

And congrats to you too Keishashadow!!

Thanks everyone!!!

OH, I know some people were saying that they were not able to bank the 2004 points, but they are letting me bank mine. I have Oct UY and got the points in my account today, they are manually banking them and should show up in my 2005 year tomorrow. So in 6 weeks I'll have 220 points. :cool1:

Wonderful News.. CONGRATS and Welcome Home

Disney Fanatic said:
Can you tell us how long from closing until you were in the Disney system?

My official closing was on 8/15/05 and I was in the system on 8/22/05 (so about 5 business days-accounting is closed on weekends).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter