First Deni, now Molly. :(

I never watched AllEars, but the algorithm fed me Mammoth Club and I've really enjoyed their videos. I've said it before, but I really like their editing as it includes bullet points/pricing/info in text/graphics on the video itself. I really dislike when videos (of any genre) are conveying lists or things of importance but only say them. Maybe I need that visual cue to absorb the info.

Whatever their business plan was, they did do a Q&A on Instagram (I think that's where it was?) and said that things they'd planned for further out in the future are able to be moved forward due to their viewership/success so far. I take that as a good sign. They seem to be great planners and hitting a number of platforms that cater to lots of different ways to consume 'content'. IIRC, only Molly is fulltime, so their revenue could be going to improve their equipment, streamline their editing, expand their subjects rather than paying 3 people.
I didn't realize only Molly was full time, interesting. They seem to have a good grasp of the content people want to see, so they should do well.

I didn't realize only Molly was full time, interesting. They seem to have a good grasp of the content people want to see, so they should do well.
I wouldn't be surprised if once they meet certain metrics they are all able to be full-time. It was smart to hedge their bets and have the guys keep their day jobs as they began.

I wouldn't be surprised if once they meet certain metrics they are all able to be full-time. It was smart to hedge their bets and have the guys keep their day jobs as they began.
id go one step further they knew they were the talent of all ears when they didn't get whatever compensation they didn't want they decided to start their own, I'm not shocked they are doing well.

On one of their Twitch livestreams, Max (Duckfist) said that he doesn't want to quit his job at a gaming company and leave California, so that is why he isn't doing Mammoth Club full time. He also said he's the one doing the editing for the videos (at least until they can hire an editor which they said they want to do) so I guess it works out well for him.

On one of their Twitch livestreams, Max (Duckfist) said that he doesn't want to quit his job at a gaming company and leave California, so that is why he isn't doing Mammoth Club full time. He also said he's the one doing the editing for the videos (at least until they can hire an editor which they said they want to do) so I guess it works out well for him.
I don’t think he’s doing the editing anymore. They were able to afford an editor 😊

I don’t think he’s doing the editing anymore. They were able to afford an editor 😊

I would think that would be at the top of the list to outsource when you can afford it. Unless other YT-ers lie about how long it takes to edit or Max is insanely fast (perhaps he is), that seems like the biggest time suck for any channel. I've seen other YTers say it takes 1 hour for every minute of the final cut. So a 20 minute video takes 20 hours? Perhaps that's when people are pulling a lot of B roll and drone shots and and multiple cameras and stuff, but even if you cut that in half, it's still a lot of time for someone with a full time job.

I would think that would be at the top of the list to outsource when you can afford it. Unless other YT-ers lie about how long it takes to edit or Max is insanely fast (perhaps he is), that seems like the biggest time suck for any channel. I've seen other YTers say it takes 1 hour for every minute of the final cut. So a 20 minute video takes 20 hours? Perhaps that's when people are pulling a lot of B roll and drone shots and and multiple cameras and stuff, but even if you cut that in half, it's still a lot of time for someone with a full time job.
I'm not an expert but I have made tutorial videos for work, not even big editing and if I were to guess a 10-minute video of just screen sharing and making it look right is about 1 hour of work. So I tend to believe a 20 min video can take 5-10 hours depending. + the shooting time. I'm sure 75% of it gets discarded.

I'm not an expert but I have made tutorial videos for work, not even big editing and if I were to guess a 10-minute video of just screen sharing and making it look right is about 1 hour of work. So I tend to believe a 20 min video can take 5-10 hours depending. + the shooting time. I'm sure 75% of it gets discarded.

I agree - single camera video (which is mostly what they do) would be faster than the travel vloggers who use drones, multi-cameras, more voice-overs, etc. Some YTers take multiple days of footage to put into 1 video, where WDW vloggers would be most often be less. But again -- kudos to the editing and graphics. I'm definitely a fan.

(I was quoting the 1 minute = 1 hour of editing from SV Delos and Gone with the Wynns (both sailing YTers). They also incorporate their sailing technology for map illustration and instruments overlaid on video etc. )

I was quoting the 1 minute = 1 hour of editing from SV Delos and Gone with the Wynns (both sailing YTers). They also incorporate their sailing technology for map illustration and instruments overlaid on video etc.
Same basic time frame offered by Sailing Nahoa for their YT vlog. Drone work and they also have very young kids so sure lots of editing and retakes. BTW a great Cdn sailing channel if interested. :)

I agree - single camera video (which is mostly what they do) would be faster than the travel vloggers who use drones, multi-cameras, more voice-overs, etc. Some YTers take multiple days of footage to put into 1 video, where WDW vloggers would be most often be less. But again -- kudos to the editing and graphics. I'm definitely a fan.

(I was quoting the 1 minute = 1 hour of editing from SV Delos and Gone with the Wynns (both sailing YTers). They also incorporate their sailing technology for map illustration and instruments overlaid on video etc. )
yea im sure it can vary a lot depending on graphics/cameras etc

Deni has her own YouTube channel now! The link isn't posting for me on here, but the channel name is her name Deni Sunderly.
Just found it. Not much content yet. So far, not surprising, its about snacks. Not sure if she will branch out, or just stay in that niche.
Nice to see her back. Wonder if this is just a part time hobby or if she hopes this will turn into a full time job.

Thank you for posting the link. She left a hole on the Dis that has yet to be filled.

I get what you are saying. Things seem to be changing (maybe I am changing) I don't know. I am slowly consuming less Disney content even though I have a trip scheduled for the end of November. I have 2 episodes of the Dis to listen to. I have never ever been behind. I don't come on the boards all that much anymore. I was never a prolific commentator but I sure read them daily. I think I am just consuming my "disney fix" in different ways. I.e. reddit, molly's new venture. I enjoy turning on the youtube videos as mindless entertainment while my wife and I chat. Maybe I need to subscribe to the Dis patreon as I really like the behind the scenes podcast molly does & it would be interesting to hear a more "adult" take on the parks with Pete and the gang uncensored.

I like Paging Mr. Morrow and Molly on Mammoth. Good to see Deni again too. For awhile I watched Kyle Pallo but I've cut back on that one a little. The Daily Woo is another good one.

I like Paging Mr. Morrow and Molly on Mammoth. Good to see Deni again too. For awhile I watched Kyle Pallo but I've cut back on that one a little. The Daily Woo is another good one.
I have not looked at Paging Mr. Marrow. Sounds like it may be worth checking out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter