First DVC Resale Contract for The Villas at Disneyland Hotel

If they even offered it I’d probably take it and buy 100 but since they don’t I wouldn’t mind getting it off the resale market and using my RIV points to stay at VDH.
I thought about doing the same but after having a VGC contract, VDH feels like a step down and I'm unlikely to bother using direct points there. I'd just buy more VGC if I needed but I really really don't.

2 weeks later…. and it is still sitting there… with dues coming up….

I wonder if any offers have been made…
I can’t help but check randomly to see if it’s still there. I’m guessing offers have been made but it’s so new no market value has been set. Interesting to see if it pops up on the rofr thread lol

I can’t help but check randomly to see if it’s still there. I’m guessing offers have been made but it’s so new no market value has been set. Interesting to see if it pops up on the rofr thread lol
I keep hoping the rejected offers thread at least… my guess is it ends up going back to Disney if they can’t sell for less than $185…

Will be interested to see if they have another blowout sale once Poly 2 comes online but for Riviera this time around. I have to assume Riviera sales will slow dramatically once people can buy direct at Poly 2, new or original association (and it will be new). I might actually consider Riviera if they can get that into the mid 160’s 🎉

Will be interested to see if they have another blowout sale once Poly 2 comes online but for Riviera this time around. I have to assume Riviera sales will slow dramatically once people can buy direct at Poly 2, new or original association (and it will be new). I might actually consider Riviera if they can get that into the mid 160’s 🎉
People have commented that Disney must be ok with pace of RIV sales since they aren’t discounting it that aggressively, but if I was DVD and motivated to sell a lot of points, I’d probably do a big push for a short period BEFORE Poly 2 comes online (especially if it’s the same association as PVB).

People have commented that Disney must be ok with pace of RIV sales since they aren’t discounting it that aggressively, but if I was DVD and motivated to sell a lot of points, I’d probably do a big push for a short period BEFORE Poly 2 comes online (especially if it’s the same association as PVB).
I’m surprised we didn’t see amazing RIV sales during these last 2 rounds of incentives. CFW can’t be that far from coming online and by the next round comes along it’ll likely be near the start of sales and shortly after that Poly2.

I’m surprised we didn’t see amazing RIV sales during these last 2 rounds of incentives. CFW can’t be that far from coming online and by the next round comes along it’ll likely be near the start of sales and shortly after that Poly2.
I don’t think CFW is expected to compete with RIV. I would expect their demo (families with dogs) to be much different than a monorail tower resort or skyliner tower resort.

I don’t think CFW is expected to compete with RIV. I would expect their demo (families with dogs) to be much different than a monorail tower resort or skyliner tower resort.
Maybe so, but I don’t know if it’ll matter. Families will see another product on the DVC website being marketed as brand new cabins and cut into RIV sales in some form regardless. I still think they don’t really care because RIV sells out for cash.

monorail tower resort or skyliner tower resort
I still think the majority of people that buy direct are visiting the parks and the majority that are visiting the parks and covered in Disney pixiedust are at MK so yes I think it will be very one sided in sales once Poly 2 comes online. My choice is, can be close to MK or take a bus here? Yea please…..

I still think the majority of people that buy direct are visiting the parks and the majority that are visiting the parks and covered in Disney pixiedust are at MK so yes I think it will be very one sided in sales once Poly 2 comes online. My choice is, can be close to MK or take a bus here? Yea please…..
I am biased — Epcot is my favorite park, followed by AK, DHS and honestly we didn’t even visit MK most trips before Tron launched. We do live in Southern California and visit DLR, so I would expect others to prioritize MK higher.

We just returned from a short stay there. The main deal breaker for us that nobody has mentioned is there is no longer a AP that covers all six parks
In addition to the annual dues (will be $9.53 next year) and the occupancy tax, one needs to consider the price of admission to the parks.

We just returned from a short stay there. The main deal breaker for us that nobody has mentioned is there is no longer a AP that covers all six parks
In addition to the annual dues (will be $9.53 next year) and the occupancy tax, one needs to consider the price of admission to the parks.
Those are definitely pricy, especially with a 10 year old being a “Disney Adult” for tickets and sit down dinners.

The Premier pass was overpriced unless you planned to use the top passes at each park. You could do the Gold/Sorcerer WDW and the second level DL for less. Plus you had the advantage of separate expirations. There was a couple years I did Spring DL and Fall WDW and it worked better separate. I timed them so I could get 2 uses out of each AP.

The Premier pass was overpriced unless you planned to use the top passes at each park. You could do the Gold/Sorcerer WDW and the second level DL for less. Plus you had the advantage of separate expirations. There was a couple years I did Spring DL and Fall WDW and it worked better separate. I timed them so I could get 2 uses out of each AP.
I just looked at the 2nd tier MK (I have the Inspire, but will probably let it lapse) … the blackout dates during Spring Break… Oogie Boogie Weekends…and most of Christmas…. that’s a no-go for us….

There were those that said they liked the occupancy tax separate because if you don't stay there then you are not paying it. If you went with resale, that is the only place you can stay, so it is essentially a $13 per point annual fee resort for resale

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter