First time at Dolphin

DISNEYFAN2828

Mouseketeer
Staying at the Dolphin for the first time....always stay "on property" :)

Anything I should know...good/bad/ugly lol

We also love the Swan/Dolphin and only stay there now! Ditto the recs to get the app and join the thread. Some great dining options and we love the pool area (and the ability to order food and drinks at the pool). Can’t beat walking to 2 parks!

We stayed at Dolphin for one night because we couldn't add an extra night to our YC reservation. Regrettably, I found the sleeping area and the bathroom to be musty and unclean. Maybe we had a bad room but it's safe to say we'll never stay there again.

Ok this may not apply to you, but just in case you care, but I like to be able to leave my room and use stairs sometimes instead of an elevator. I just want that option. There’s only a couple of floors with stairs access (non-emergency) I think like floors 3 and 4 maybe? Originally they put us in a lower floor and yes! still elevator only! They graciously changed us to one with stairs and I absolutely loved the ease of leaving my room.
Most people like higher floors for views and whatnot but I like to be in control, so there you have it. We still had a nice view of the boat coming in facing the swan. Just an FYI.

Ok this may not apply to you, but just in case you care, but I like to be able to leave my room and use stairs sometimes instead of an elevator. I just want that option. There’s only a couple of floors with stairs access (non-emergency) I think like floors 3 and 4 maybe? Originally they put us in a lower floor and yes! still elevator only! They graciously changed us to one with stairs and I absolutely loved the ease of leaving my room.
Most people like higher floors for views and whatnot but I like to be in control, so there you have it. We still had a nice view of the boat coming in facing the swan. Just an FYI.

One trip we had a room on the main floor of the Dolphin. Loved it!

We stayed at Dolphin for one night because we couldn't add an extra night to our YC reservation. Regrettably, I found the sleeping area and the bathroom to be musty and unclean. Maybe we had a bad room but it's safe to say we'll never stay there again.

I’m glad we’re not the only ones to feel that way. We stayed @ Dolphin Easter week. We had the same experience. So many people love S & D, so I had high hopes to like it too. I was really disappointed. I hear the Swan is better, but at this point I don’t even want to try that.

I’m glad we’re not the only ones to feel that way. We stayed @ Dolphin Easter week. We had the same experience. So many people love S & D, so I had high hopes to like it too. I was really disappointed. I hear the Swan is better, but at this point I don’t even want to try that.
Agreed! We haven't stayed at Swan either but I can't picture it being much better than Dolphin. Maybe the Swan Reserve someday if there's nothing available at Disney.

They use Mears Buses and that means being dropped off at TTC for MK
If I remember right, the boat to Epcot, still stops at boardwalk and beach club to/from the park.
$40 per night resort fee and if you have a car an additional $29 per night parking fee
A BIG negative for us is that the Dolphin has full size beds and not queens.
Cannot use MB to charge too, which is also big for our family.

I had no complaints about our Dolphin stay last year. We really liked that QS locations opened one hour earlier than the ones at the Disney resorts, so we were able to eat breakfast and coffee up before the other Epcot area rope droppers.

@jiminyfan this question just came up back on 10/19, here is a link to the question and you can see the follow up responses. Short answer is 20% but you need to show your card and ask for the discount before you order as I recall. I know at Picabu this offsets their crazy customer server charge of 18%

Swan and dolphin have been known to offer discounts to certain professions, such as nurses and first responders. Love the location, and enjoy many of the on site restaurants.

Just checked out of the Dolphin today. Room was perfectly fine, no musty smell, room was very clean. I was on the 7th floor, West Wing. Housekeeping was every day, which was much appreciated having just come from Pop Century, where housekeeping was hit or miss.
Use Boardwalk or Yacht Club buses for Disney Springs and for MK if rope dropping. I am not a rope dropper, so didn't find the TTC drop off/pick up for MK to be an inconvenience.
If you have a 2 bedded room, the beds are doubles, not queens.
I consider it to have a very adult vibe, no Disney touches since it is not a Disney owned property.
I hope you enjoy your stay!

We had the same experience. The room just felt musty and wet. We have not been back.

Is this a new thing? I stayed at the Dolphin in 2017 and we were able to use our MB to charge back to the room
They have never allowed MB charging to the Swan or Dolphin room, because they are not officially a Disney resort and are not in their computer system. Below is a post back from 2016

Added: You can charge back to your room any charges made at the Swan or Dolphin but not outside of it.

"We love the Swan and the Dolphin, the ability to walk or take a boat to 2 parks, the number of great restaurants in walking distance and to have a balcony at a moderate price for us is worth the few things it doesn't offer.

You don't get DME, room charging privileges at the parks, or dining plans, you would have to a purchase MB (if you want one) - and there is a parking fee at the resort so just add that into the cost of the room if you have a car.

You do get free parking at the parks, all the same resort transportation as the other Epcot resorts, package delivery from the parks & DS, extra magic hours and 60 day FP+ window."

I like the swan and dolphin overall, but even as a Marriott Titanium member I have had issues with the rooms on occasion - typically when they are so busy they cant upgrade me.

The least expensive rooms may not have been as recently renovated and probably don't get the attention they need - especially during and after a big convention.
Unlike Disney if there is an issue go to the front desk and they will usually sort it out.

For a room walking distance to Epcot and Studios you usually can't beat the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter