First time cruisers ensured to be "Allured"?? -April 2019 TR

Last July we did the Jolly Roger snorkeling tour with Royal. It was OK, we didn't see much and our guides were good but nothing special. The shops were basic touristy souvenirs. I always wonder what other people shop for in port. (it's just not our thing) There was a good bar and grill where we had chips and guac with a few local beers. This November we booked Daniel Johnson’s Monkey and Sloth Hangout and are excited to go hang out with sloths and monkeys.

I did read about the monkey park! That was the one excursion that we were tempted to do!! That would be so fun!! Next time!!:thumbsup2

Yep- I was amazed at how many jewelry stores there were on the ship and at the ports- and pricey ones at that! Wow! I didn't realize so many were interested in making such large purchases on vacation! The purses, clothes, perfume, I understand. But, like you, we weren't interested in heavy duty shopping!

Yeah it's amazing how many of the same stores show up in each port. Although Diamonds International does give away free drinks so that's a nice perk. The one in Falmouth even has a small bar on the 2nd floor that you can visit after "browsing" through their goods.

Gorgeous! I admire your resolve to resist the temptation to overbook. Know you guys were tired from the busy tax season. And with all the great amenities on that ship I'd be super torn between exploring the ship vs port!!
I picked our June cruise specifically for the ports so (Havana!!) so that day will be very full.

I did read about the monkey park! That was the one excursion that we were tempted to do!! That would be so fun!! Next time!!:thumbsup2

Yep- I was amazed at how many jewelry stores there were on the ship and at the ports- and pricey ones at that! Wow! I didn't realize so many were interested in making such large purchases on vacation! The purses, clothes, perfume, I understand. But, like you, we weren't interested in heavy duty shopping!

I will let you know what we think about the excursion. We are sailing on Harmony on 11/24.

Yeah it's amazing how many of the same stores show up in each port. Although Diamonds International does give away free drinks so that's a nice perk. The one in Falmouth even has a small bar on the 2nd floor that you can visit after "browsing" through their goods.

Ooh- free drinks! I didn't notice the free drinks in Nassau. Our friends went in to many of the jewelry stores for the free charms they were giving. They browsed for a while and one was almost ready to make a purchase, but they weren't willing to give her a good deal. She did purchase a few handbags. All we bought were a few souvenir t-shirts.

Gorgeous! I admire your resolve to resist the temptation to overbook. Know you guys were tired from the busy tax season. And with all the great amenities on that ship I'd be super torn between exploring the ship vs port!!
I picked our June cruise specifically for the ports so (Havana!!) so that day will be very full.

Yep- learned(the hard way!) from our early Disney days that trying to do too much isn't a good idea!

Definitely worth it to stay on board on a port day if you want to go to the spa. That's when they offered the best deals!

Havana sounds so interesting! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

So, we enjoyed a morning of lounging on our balcony with a beautiful view of Roatan!

We had lunch at Windjammer- it was so peaceful!! Then, we took a walk around the ship! Here's the Boardwalk area:

thumbnail_IMG_6018.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6020.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5854.jpg

I love the details in the decor!

thumbnail_IMG_6023.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6024.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6025.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6026.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6027.jpg

Then we went to the Promenade area:

thumbnail_IMG_6044.jpg

Joe just loved the classic car!

thumbnail_IMG_6052.jpg

Champagne Bar: We had great martinis here! The cucumber martini was my favorite!

thumbnail_IMG_6050.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6045.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6046.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6047.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6048.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6049.jpg

Sorrento's:

thumbnail_IMG_6058.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6057.jpg

We enjoyed our afternoon of strolling around the empty ship and having a nice lunch a few drinks!

It was another formal night and tonight we were dining at Chops Grille!!

The Central Park area is so pretty!

thumbnail_IMG_6091.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5952.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5953.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5954.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5959.jpg

Trellis Bar:

thumbnail_IMG_6082.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6083.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6084.jpg

Lovely seating area to enjoy a drink from the Trellis Bar or a snack from the Park Cafe:

thumbnail_IMG_6086.jpg

Chops Grille!

thumbnail_IMG_5949.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5950.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6076.jpg

We had a fabulous meal!! We both had the filet- it was amazing! Also, it was lobster night in the main dining room. But, we didn't miss out! We were brought a platter of lobster to share!! Again, the dining room was pretty empty when we arrived at 5:30. By the time we left it did fill up, but still not crowded.

Vintages wine bar:

thumbnail_img_5951-jpg.399823
Love Vintages. One day we had "lunch" there. Ordered a bunch of small plates and a wine flight. Very, very good!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter