First time scooter user WDW-newbie tips requested!

Since I will need to use the busses with ECV this time , I am wondering what happens if there is more than one party with a scooter or wheelchair? Can we all fit on a bus or will they send another bus along? I made an early breakfast reservation and am trying to figure how early to be at the bus stop. Thanks
Some resorts have multiple bus stops. Two scooters may have already been loaded before the bus gets to the last stop.
Later in the day both scooter spots may be occupied by returning guests. An issue if you're waiting at the first stop.

Mears accessible taxis are the same price as a regular taxi. Call or use the app. Booking in advance doesn't really work

Since I will need to use the busses with ECV this time , I am wondering what happens if there is more than one party with a scooter or wheelchair? Can we all fit on a bus or will they send another bus along? I made an early breakfast reservation and am trying to figure how early to be at the bus stop. Thanks
And be aware that while, in theory, they're supposed to call "home base" to send out another bus, the reality is that they sometimes don't, so you have to wait until the next bus comes as originally scheduled. That's why one morning, it took me over 2 hours to get from BCV to AK. I went to the bus stop at 8:15, but had to sit through THREE buses in order to get on-so I was at the bus stop for well over an hour.
I wish I'd thought of an accessible taxi, but force of habit, I always go to the Disney bus stop and wait!

And be aware that while, in theory, they're supposed to call "home base" to send out another bus, the reality is that they sometimes don't, so you have to wait until the next bus comes as originally scheduled. That's why one morning, it took me over 2 hours to get from BCV to AK. I went to the bus stop at 8:15, but had to sit through THREE buses in order to get on-so I was at the bus stop for well over an hour.
I wish I'd thought of an accessible taxi, but force of habit, I always go to the Disney bus stop and wait!
That sounds frustrating. I will have a car but I will be alone so there is no way I can get the scooter into the car. I need the car to go visit my daughter at some point.

That sounds frustrating. I will have a car but I will be alone so there is no way I can get the scooter into the car. I need the car to go visit my daughter at some point.

It happens to most of us at one point or another; you roll up to the bus stop and there are 2 mobility devices ahead of you.

OR you roll up, think "Yay! I'm the only one!" only for the bus to arrive with both spots already full, and those folks are riding on to the next stop.

This is why if you have a hard-and-fast, can't miss it ADR, or other time-dependent experience waiting for you, allow *at least* 90 minutes if using the internal Disney transportation. Any kind. Boat, bus, Skyliner, Monorail - it's all subject to the same whimsy of man and nature.

If I'm traveling from Poly to Hoop Dee Doo over at the Fort? 2 hours. I allow 2 hours. No joke.

If I want to be at my 10:30 ADR at Epcot, and I am at AKL? 2 hours. No joke.

If you realized - whether because there are multiple people at the bus stop, or you see them when the back doors open to let the temporarily-able-bodied walk off the bus - that you are going to miss this bus? Try to approach the Driver. Remember that it is not their fault that you will not get on this bus; (after all, they are just doing their job), and ask them nicely if they know how far behind them the next bus is.

You can't always talk to the driver; that's OK - every bus stop at Disney now has the electronic bus boards, showing the anticipated arrival time of the next bus to your destination.

If you don't want to/can't wait, then you have option to use an accessible Minnie Van. The cost varies (based on time of day, time of year, how far you are traveling around Disney World, and if the wind is from the right direction) but you and your ECV will arrive in style. You don't have to sit on the ECV if you use a Minnie Van; you can siti in any seat besides the Drivers.

I have a question I hope some of you can answer. Been DVC for a long time. However, now have conditions that make it very difficult to have stamina needed for parks. Went in December with DH and only did 2 park after hours events. He was fine with short time I lasted and slow walking and resting. Taking other family for next 2 trips. Having really hard time with thought of a scooter, but don’t want to stay back at villa every day. Do you recommend renting at park or from private company? Will be doing all busses because AKV and OKW. Thanks for your help

you don't want to/can't wait, then you have option to use an accessible Minnie Van. The cost varies
Mears accessible taxi is the same price as a regular taxi...way less then the cost of a minnie van.
Do you recommend renting at park or from private company?
Private company. It can be a long walk from bus stop to scooter rental location in the parks. Parks run out of scooters. The privately rented scooters are nicer, faster more reliable and cheaper

Mears accessible taxi is the same price as a regular taxi...way less then the cost of a minnie van.

Private company. It can be a long walk from bus stop to scooter rental location in the parks. Parks run out of scooters. The privately rented scooters are nicer, faster more reliable and cheaper
Thank you. Good advice.

Hope it's OK if I chime in here. Going to need a scooter for my son in law this trip and see (Gold Mobility) 3 wheel and 4 wheel options. Is one preferred over the other? We are staying at POP Century so not a lot of space in the room to charge the scooter overnight; thinking of going with the 3 wheeler due to that.

Hope it's OK if I chime in here. Going to need a scooter for my son in law this trip and see (Gold Mobility) 3 wheel and 4 wheel options. Is one preferred over the other? We are staying at POP Century so not a lot of space in the room to charge the scooter overnight; thinking of going with the 3 wheeler due to that.

Turning radius is better on the 3 wheel ones. Easier in the queues.

Some resorts have multiple bus stops. Two scooters may have already been loaded before the bus gets to the last stop.
Later in the day both scooter spots may be occupied by returning guests. An issue if you're waiting at the first stop.

Mears accessible taxis are the same price as a regular taxi. Call or use the app. Booking in advance doesn't really work
I decided to cancel my rental car because it was going to basically sit in the lot except for airport transfers. I’m going to try Minnie van or Mears accessible taxis. Can you just call when you need one or do you have to book ahead? I’ve only used Mears bus. Thank you

I decided to cancel my rental car because it was going to basically sit in the lot except for airport transfers. I’m going to try Minnie van or Mears accessible taxis. Can you just call when you need one or do you have to book ahead? I’ve only used Mears bus. Thank you
You can't really book ahead. Mimnie Van uses Lyft app. Mears has their own app. Calling is frustrating and a waste of time.

Mears claims you can schedule ahead but that's not true. Request a taxi, a alert goes out and a driver accept the fare. Schedule ahead and the system sounds out the request a few minutes before your requested time. If you like a driver ask for his card and deal direct

You can't really book ahead. Mimnie Van uses Lyft app. Mears has their own app. Calling is frustrating and a waste of time.

Mears claims you can schedule ahead but that's not true. Request a taxi, an alert goes out and a driver accept the fare. Schedule ahead and the system sounds out the request a few minutes before your requested time. If you like a driver ask for his card and deal direct
Thank you for the tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter