First time Universal visitor need a restaurant please

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
Doing one night at Universal and have never been. best restaurant please any type of food. Willing to spend for the one dinner so recommend anything please

Do you have a food preference? City Walk has multiple options, from Italian, Mexican, Steaks, Seafood, CowFish has burgers & sushi. There’s restaurants at the hotels - The Palm at Hard Rock Hotel is a high end steakhouse, Portofino has multiple Italian restaurants, Royal Pacific has a sushi restaurant.

Do you have a food preference? City Walk has multiple options, from Italian, Mexican, Steaks, Seafood, CowFish has burgers & sushi. There’s restaurants at the hotels - The Palm at Hard Rock Hotel is a high end steakhouse, Portofino has multiple Italian restaurants, Royal Pacific has a sushi restaurant.
I love all food, Italian is always my preference but NY born and raised so I’m very picky with my Italian food. Looking for a nicer experience I’m familiar with Disney so the equivalent of a “signature restaurant “ at Disney

We loved Vivo for Italian at Citiwalk (during a prior trip).

This time (less than a month ago) we did Cowfish, and it was delicious!

If you want to stay in the park itself, you can't go wrong with Mythos (but reserve early - that's one that does fill up more quickly.)

Doing one night at Universal and have never been. best restaurant please any type of food. Willing to spend for the one dinner so recommend anything please
Are you doing the parks first that day? while not fine dining, we’ve never been disappointed at Amatista, casual park attire is ok there. Not so at The Palms, where I wish I could give a recommendation. Two decidedly off meals vs prior outings, it’s now off our rotation due to what I feel are management issues resulting in food quality. There are just too many other fine steak houses nearby.

we find ourselves dining at Lombards often on nights pre-HHN. It can be hit or miss, as with many restaurants still getting it together after covid. Last Sept & October no complaints, salmon & filet are usually our go-to’s there. Not a fan of their lobster sandwich. nor a big fried seafood fan, do prefer their fisherman’s basket over the fish version.

suggest reading thru some of the recent trip reports, many have detailed reviews complete with pictures. schumigirl‘s are a good place to start.

Are you doing the parks first that day? while not fine dining, we’ve never been disappointed at Amatista, casual park attire is ok there. Not so at The Palms, where I wish I could give a recommendation. Two decidedly off meals vs prior outings, it’s now off our rotation due to what I feel are management issues resulting in food quality. There are just too many other fine steak houses nearby.

we find ourselves dining at Lombards often on nights pre-HHN. It can be hit or miss, as with many restaurants still getting it together after covid. Last Sept & October no complaints, salmon & filet are usually our go-to’s there. Not a fan of their lobster sandwich. nor a big fried seafood fan, do prefer their fisherman’s basket over the fish version.

suggest reading thru some of the recent trip reports, many have detailed reviews complete with pictures. schumigirl‘s are a good place to start.
We would be doing a park the first day yes. Thank you

Amatista at SF has really good food
Finnegans in US is really good Irish pub fare not fancy or expensive
If you're used to really good Italian maybe avoid although Vivo is pretty decent
We did Bice at PB and it was a bit disappointing esp for the price

We did Bice at PB and it was a bit disappointing esp for the price
We have dined at Bice multiple times and the food and service were always top notch. We were there about a year ago, and it had lost it shimmer. It was good, but not what it used to be, and not worth the price.

We have dined at Bice multiple times and the food and service were always top notch. We were there about a year ago, and it had lost it shimmer. It was good, but not what it used to be, and not worth the price.
Totally agree - I had heard so much about it and was pretty disappointed.

I was kicking myself for not going to Mama Dellas because I’ve heard good things about it and it’s cheaper. Have you been there ?

For what you are looking for head to Palm. Great steaks and food. If you want to trek out a bit and you love NYC Italian, head to Chirstini's on restaurant row near Sand Lake. It will make you happy.

What hotel are you at? If one of the premiums, you might be more tired that you expect. We stay at HRH, and have had good casual meals at The Kitchen. the Palm for more signature. Schumigirl covers Royal Pacific and Sapphire Falls options extensively. We find eating at the hotel away from the crowds is welcome after a busy park day.

Palm is good. We loved Finnegans. We did Vivo and did not really like. Should have maybe tried Bice or Mamma Della maybe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter