First timer...

Malissa Boymom

Earning My Ears
Hi i have only been to disney one other time, 10 years ago. I now have a family of my own and want to take my son next fall. He will be 4. We don't have a lot of money. Is pop century ok? It will be my husband, son and I. I am a crazy planner and already thinking about going 2 years after that when my other son is 4? do you think pop would still be ok or should i save for something more? Thanks in advanced guys

I've stayed at Pop several times. I think the oversized icons will appeal to your 4 year old.

I say go now. First time we (me, wife, son) went we stayed at ASM because we also did not have the money to stay at moderate or deluxe. Had the best time of our lives. Watching my then 3 year old son enjoy the parks and characters is a memory I will never ever forget. As time went on we both progressed in our careers and were able to afford staying at deluxe resorts and even purchasing the meal plan. But truth be told that first time with our son is the most memorable trip of all. Don't put off enjoying a trip to WDW now because your trying to save for a better hotel just go and enjoy you won't be sorry.

I have not stayed at Pop, but our first trip we stayed at All Star Music. We had one night there on our last trip. With three adults, the Value room felt small. With kids I think it would have been ok. The beds are full size if that would make a difference. If you want to go to Disney, the resort ultimately does not matter. If you really want to go and a value is the only way to do it, go. Don't stay home because you can't afford a Moderate or a Deluxe. I sometimes (ok, often) covet a deluxe, but our budget can get us to a moderate. It works for us. If my budget only let me do a value, that would be ok.

There is plenty of room at the values with small children. When they get bigger and decide about 10 times a day that they would prefer to be only children.... that's when you'll need to spend more for a mod or deluxe or DVC!

I've never stayed at Pop but I think your son would be the perfect age to go. Are you taking both kids? Four is a really great age for WDW. If Pop is what you can afford I say go for it.

I've stayed at Pop a couple times, and it's my favorite value resort. To me it's quintessential Disney. I love the theming, pools, food court, gift shop, and bus set-up. I think it's a great resort for kids.

I've stayed at Pop and All Star Movies. I like Pop but think the icons at All Star Movies might appeal to your 4 y/o more. Just my opinion. I think that All Star Movies may be a bit less as well. No matter where you stay, I hope you have a great time.

I love Pop! It was fantastic! I think n you should go now and enjoy it. Pop will be perfect.

I've never stayed at Pop but I think your son would be the perfect age to go. Are you taking both kids? Four is a really great age for WDW. If Pop is what you can afford I say go for it.
no only taking the 4 year old, my 2 years old staying at home with grandma and will join when he's 4 too

I've never stayed at Pop, but I've heard a lot of people say it's their favorite value.

I would definitely recommend going now. Four is kind of the perfect age for a first Disney trip. That's how old my son was on his first visit. They're old enough to understand what is happening & even give a bit of input on what they'd like to do. But, they're young enough to absolutely believe in the magic & that everything they're seeing is real. Be sure to get a first visit button to help spur some of the special interactions & take a million pictures!!!

We really enjoyed the values when our DDs were really little, but I will say that both our DDs preferred the themeing of ASMO over POP. They enjoyed all the big movie characters a lot more then the ones at POP. I hope you have a great and magical time like we have had on all our trips:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter