First Trip to DLP

sheilafri

DIS Veteran
I was in Paris long enough to justify spending a day at DLP. I’m exhausted today, the day after, but pretty satisfied. Will try to post a bit as I find the time. Feel free to ask questions, esp while it is still fresh in my mind. The travelers include DH64 and myself.

Tickets: we got one day/two park tickets from the DLP App which we purchased the day before the trip. Dated tickets are the least expensive option and as you must have a reservation on top of an undated ticket why wouldnt you? We also opted for the Premier Access Ultimate, allowing Premier line access for the included rides once at any time during the day. All in it was about a $500 day. Very pricy, but probably my only DLP trip so we decided to go for it.

we downloaded the tickets onto the apps on our iPhones the night before and saved screen shots of the part with the QR Codes (good thing as it turned out)! The app was very glitchy, kept crashing, losing our saved tickets, and hates to back out of screens, but we finally got to where we were reasonably comfortable with the situation. More fools, we!

I'd be interested how you feel about doing both parks. We're doing 1 day/2 parks as well and thankfully aren't big coaster people, but I'm wondering how much we'll have to skip.

I was in Paris long enough to justify spending a day at DLP. I’m exhausted today, the day after, but pretty satisfied. Will try to post a bit as I find the time. Feel free to ask questions, esp while it is still fresh in my mind. The travelers include DH64 and myself.

Tickets: we got one day/two park tickets from the DLP App which we purchased the day before the trip. Dated tickets are the least expensive option and as you must have a reservation on top of an undated ticket why wouldnt you? We also opted for the Premier Access Ultimate, allowing Premier line access for the included rides once at any time during the day. All in it was about a $500 day. Very pricy, but probably my only DLP trip so we decided to go for it.

we downloaded the tickets onto the apps on our iPhones the night before and saved screen shots of the part with the QR Codes (good thing as it turned out)! The app was very glitchy, kept crashing, losing our saved tickets, and hates to back out of screens, but we finally got to where we were reasonably comfortable with the situation. More fools, we!
I'd be interested how you feel about doing both parks. We're doing 1 day/2 parks as well and thankfully aren't big coaster people, but I'm wondering how much we'll have to skip.
If you aren’t too into coasters I think you can do both parks in one day. We walked over 11 miles, though, switching parks twice to make sure we could hit the highlights at each. Started at Studios, moved to DLP, back to Studios to do more, finished up at DLP for the nighttime show. So hard to judge how much you’ll be able to see in a given amount of time especially on a first trip.

Part Two: Travel

We visited from our accommodations in Paris. We used the RER, Line A to get there. It was included on our weekly Metro Travel Pass loaded on a Navigo Découverte Card. The card is 5Euro, requires a passport type photo for ID, and the weekly pass is 22.50Euro. The Paris to Chessy fare is about 7.50 each way.

The train station is within walking distance of the parks.

Park One: Studios

Entry was frustrating as our carefully loaded tickets disappeared. We couldn’t get them to releload with a reboot, tried the Disney WiFi (why do they require so much info when you NEED to use their WiFi?) Although my phone was fully charged, it chews through battery so I wasn’t happy using 20% of my charge to unsuccessfully try to locate the tickets. They were checking dates at the first station which I didn’t have on my screenshot but the ticket taker finally just waved me through. The QR code was cut off on the display on my iPhone 12 but I could pull the screen down slightly and get it to read in the scanners so we were in. If there is a theme to this trip it is Disney IT sucks worldwide.

We started at Studios as Ratatouille is one of our favorite rides. There are no paper maps so we felt pretty disoriented trying to orient ourselves with just a phone display. The fact that we couldn’t navigate through the different sections of the app without it crashing didn’t help. Did I mention Disney IT sucks worldwide?

We found Ratatouille and did a single rider line which was very quick, then used our Ultimate Pass, and topped it off with another single rider go. We enjoyed seeing Toy Story Land but decided against riding anything. We moved on to Spider-Man W.EB. This is very diffèrent from anything at WDW. I enjoy the rides with a pre-ride set up. It moves you deeper into the story. They do a great job of accommodating French and English speakers at DLP so it really worked. Unfortunately, we were evacuated from the ride line before riding so we didn’t get to experience it. We were given return passes. We were still feeling disoriented in the park and concerned everyone evacuated would pop into Avengers Assemble so decided to hop to DLP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter