Fish Extenders?

My cruise is far off 2015, but I am ordering my FE Gifts and will plan on one per person, bc of minimum orders I am ordering 200 items. At this point I don't know how many people will be in the exchange. If it is split into groups can I or is it normal to be in more than one? I don't want my items to go to waste as they will have the cruise date on them?

In my experience, on those cruises where the FE has split into groups, you could sign up to be in as many of the groups as you wished. Some people signed up to be in all groups, other signed up to be in just one. And, due to the limited number of kids on one cruise, there were groups that were kid-free, and some people just signed up for those (or just groups that had kids in them). Whatever worked for them.

We sail on the disney Dream Oct 26th and I have just learned about the fish extenders. I would really like to get in on the group but I am having trouble finding out how and where to join. any information would be helpful

We sail on the disney Dream Oct 26th and I have just learned about the fish extenders. I would really like to get in on the group but I am having trouble finding out how and where to join. any information would be helpful

FEs are handled on your Cruise Meet thread. You need to go over there and post to see if they are doing FEs, and if there's still time to sign up. Here's the link to your meet thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3103281

Hi everyone!
I am conducting a survey specifically on Fish Extending (?), and need response! I am a student who would be eternally grateful if you like and share this among your Fish Extender groups and friends:

https://response.questback.com/jonasstrm/fishextender/

Thank you so much! If you have any questions, please message me here on or e-mail me at jonas.astrom@hil.no. You are of course welcome to do the survey as well! What I am looking to do is mostly explained in the online consent form. :yay:

Right now I have 67 answers, but I need as many as possible. Facebook is tough to use as you have to "pay your way" to get your posts viewed, but people have been very kind and graceful and let me share this in different groups.

How do you sign up for this? This sounds so cool! We just booked for December 26th on Dream and I don't want to miss out!

You need to go to your Cruise Meet thread and see if anyone has set up a FE for your cruise.

I'll warn you many FE groups have a cut off date of 30-60 days out to allow time for everyone to get their stuff together.

A regular hook will NOT work. The back of the fish is too large. Also, there have been problems with Fish Extenders "swimming" away. The theory is that bored teenagers might be taking them. I am NOT accusing anyone but that was what was suggested to me.
I used one of those zip tie things that you use to bundle wires. It worked great and you couldn't even see it. At the end of the cruise I just snipped it and removed the fish extender.

Where do you attach the zip tie to? I've never sailed on DCL, so I'm having troubling picturing what I'd be attaching my FE to and how the zip tie would help.

Where do you attach the zip tie to? I've never sailed on DCL, so I'm having troubling picturing what I'd be attaching my FE to and how the zip tie would help.

Here's a picture of the fish outside the door:
2q3d8b9.jpg

It doesn't really show it, but on the back there are two little metal rods (about 1" long) that attach it to the wall along the bottom of the fish. You put the zip tie around one of the metal rods and the FE rope (or ribbon, or string, whatever you are hanging your FE with). It doesn't mean that the string can't be cut and the FE carted off, but it does give someone just walking by who tries to lift your FE a little bit of a pause if it doesn't come off.

I thought I took a side view picture of the fish showing the rods, I'll have to see if I can find it.

It doesn't really show it, but on the back there are two little metal rods (about 1" long) that attach it to the wall along the bottom of the fish. You put the zip tie around one of the metal rods and the FE rope (or ribbon, or string, whatever you are hanging your FE with). It doesn't mean that the string can't be cut and the FE carted off, but it does give someone just walking by who tries to lift your FE a little bit of a pause if it doesn't come off.

Ah, okay. Now I get it :-) We have our FE ready, but I will have to see if I can track down some zip ties before we leave. Thanks!

The first time I went I zap-strapped a reusable grocery bag to my fish. The second time I used that speed-sew glue to make myself a fish-extender. I'm not particularly crafty.

This is all wonderful to read to help us prepare for our first cruise this Spring! We signed up for our first FE and now I need some great ideas- I think I've got some great ones now that I read a few pages of posts.

And people stealing FE's? That is so Un-Disney! We will definitely try to deter theft with the zip ties.

Thanks again for the great info!

Any other fellow FE families out there for Magic 3/1/15?
Would love to find some more families!
Send me a private message.
Thanks!

Those who have done this what was your favorite thing you got and what did you like giving the most?
Looking for ideas!

I am going on my first cruise ever with my family and would love to take part of the fish extender fun! Problem is I have no idea how to sign up or what I am suppose to do?? This is also my first time on a forum :)
Thank you in advance for any direction!

Any other fellow FE families out there for Magic 3/1/15?
Would love to find some more families!
Send me a private message.
Thanks!

You can find your Cruise Meet thread here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=50639879

I am going on my first cruise ever with my family and would love to take part of the fish extender fun! Problem is I have no idea how to sign up or what I am suppose to do?? This is also my first time on a forum :)
Thank you in advance for any direction!

Fish Extenders are handled on your Cruise Meet thread. You need to go to the Cruise Meet board:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

There you will scroll down to the "Find your (year) (ship) Cruise Meet LINK" thread here, and click on it. Then scroll down to see if your specific cruise has already started a thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter