• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fish Extenders?

Thanks for posting the pictures of these! I had read about these but didn't know exactly what people were talking about. Now that I know I think DD and I will try to make one before Oct.

Elderfam: Where did you get the beautiful Magic Transatlantic artwork? Was that already on the fabric or is it an iron-on or what?

Remember.....no more than EIGHT INCHES WIDE!
Why is there an 8 inch limit on the width? :confused3

Im trying to find one of these on ebay, and try as I might, none of the sellers seem to know that in reality, they ARE fish extenders! :rotfl: What keywords should I be searching for?

Excellent question. I can't find them either.

Heres a link on how to make one I found posted in another thread.
http://www.sewing.org/enthusiast/html/et_starslockerpocket.html
Just substitute your material of choice and embellishments. This could end up looking very cool and no ones would look just like yours!

Hey, that's MY door!!! That was from last years DVC member cruise. I purchased the "fish extender" from mrs.lips on eBay. At the time, she had a bunch in different colors.
Oh, Yeah, Amy! I got a lime green one at the same time. This year we are going on the Transatlantic Repo (this Saturday, actually) and I've been sewing Fish Extenders like there's no tomorrow! I am having lots of fun!

Connie

DSC00004-1.jpg

Home made using Iron on transfer paper that prints on our home ink jet printer.
You need 1/4 yard of fabric, iron interfacing, wide double fold bias tape, and a 3/8" dowel 8" long.

Pockets are 11" X 5 1/2"
Back is 32" X 8"

Cut out backing and pockets then iron on interfacing.
Sew bias tape on top of pocket
pleat once on each side and pin bottom of pocket so that it is 8" wide.
baste, then pin bias tape on bottom and sew on
Pin pockets on backing and sew bottom of pocket to backing
Pin and baste around entire outside of project.
Pin then sew bias tape around outside edge of whole fish extender
fold top over leaving room for you dowel at top and sew along the inside of bias tape down each side to secure.

I am not a professional! These are just my notes on how I made mine. Good luck!

HEY! DON'T FORGET WHO GAVE YOU THOSE INSTRUCTIONS! :cloud9: :love:

HEY! DON'T FORGET WHO GAVE YOU THOSE INSTRUCTIONS! :cloud9: :love:

It all began with the great instructions that CQUICK gave me!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
She helped me discover the great fun and art of "fish extenders" KUDOS!!:love: :love: :love: :love:

Elderfam: Where did you get the beautiful Magic Transatlantic artwork? Was that already on the fabric or is it an iron-on or what?

Why is there an 8 inch limit on the width? :confused3

We are on the eastbound transatlantic cruise, and DCL sent out magnets. The compass rose was in the background of one of the magnets. I cut it out, blew it up on the copier, then using crayola pencils improved the color and a number 2 lead pencil improved the boundries. I then turned it into an iron on transfer. Any design put out by disney is fair game to me! :rotfl:

The 8 inches is so that it fits under the fish without sticking out to wide.

I know CQUICK has been making lots of fish extenders, please post photos for all to see your great work. :thumbsup2

Also, anyone else who has made them, please post photos of them for others to learn from and photos of them hanging next to your staterooms. :idea: There are so many people who ask questions about them this would be a great learning tool.:teacher:

Let the legend of the Fish Extender live on!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Those of you who have made a Fish Extender, what type of material did you use?:confused3

For those that already have a cruise scheduled, you can ck the cruise meets forum for the thread set up for your particular cruise. Many times, there's a group of folks who will participate in fish extenders stuff. Its kinda like secret santa for all who wish to participate. We're really looking forward to doing this for our Sept 08 cruise. I think its going to be really fun. :cheer2: Just have to start thinking about items to actually put into the FEs. :coffee:

I used felt in Mickey's colors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter