• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

Hubby and I are considering getting the Flex Passport for our upcoming trip in January. If we purchase online, is it activated the day we enter the park? Can we make reservations before activating (I'd assume no)?
Also, are you able to add on Max Pass later? We're still unsure about adding that.

There is a whole thread devoted to the Flex Pass here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...t-that-combines-value-and-flexibility.3749065
1. If we purchase online, is it activated the day we enter the park?
Yes. Just make sure that when you go get the physical card, the expiration date is the first date you entered the park, not the date of purchase.

2. Can we make reservations before activating (I'd assume no)?
Yes.

3. Are you able to add on Max Pass later?
Yes.

Quick question.... my parents are coming at the end of January. We have flex passes. They also want to go for a few days in 2020
around the holidays. Should we buy a three day park hopper ticket and then turn that into a flex pass or just buy the flex pass outright? Does it matter?

Quick question.... my parents are coming at the end of January. We have flex passes. They also want to go for a few days in 2020
around the holidays. Should we buy a three day park hopper ticket and then turn that into a flex pass or just buy the flex pass outright? Does it matter?

buy the three day hopper and convert to a flex pass....unless all the dates your parents want to go are “good to go” dates

How difficult is it to make reservations on the flex pass? I dont live in Cali, so I would need to book flights to come out, but I am hoping to use it as an excuse to book 2/3 day weekend trips over the coming year.

I havent really read anything about the general availability on days currently marked as reservation needed.

buy the three day hopper and convert to a flex pass....unless all the dates your parents want to go are “good to go” dates

Ahhhh good point. The first two days are Saturday and Sunday, requiring reservations. Monday is good to go. When do we convert the tickets? Monday? Thank you!

Ahhhh good point. The first two days are Saturday and Sunday, requiring reservations. Monday is good to go. When do we convert the tickets? Monday? Thank you!

Monday would be good to convert. You don’t want to chance that your parents can’t get reservations on the first two days...are they going to want Max Pass?

How difficult is it to make reservations on the flex pass? I dont live in Cali, so I would need to book flights to come out, but I am hoping to use it as an excuse to book 2/3 day weekend trips over the coming year.

I havent really read anything about the general availability on days currently marked as reservation needed.

This year the only day that booked up in the summer was Fourth of July. October was super busy and multiple Saturdays and Sundays booked up depending on the day and the park. In November the Saturday and Sunday before Veterans Day booked up for Disneyland, as well as Veterans Day itself which fell on a Monday this year. In December I know Saturday December 14 booked up for Disneyland.

As the pass becomes more popular, I think you’ll see more Saturdays book up.

Monday would be good to convert. You don’t want to chance that your parents can’t get reservations on the first two days...are they going to want Max Pass?

Yes. I can link their tickets to our profile on the app for maxpass purposes. One last question... can we convert any time on Monday or does it need to be before they’ve scanned in? Thanks so much for your help!

Yes. I can link their tickets to our profile on the app for maxpass purposes. One last question... can we convert any time on Monday or does it need to be before they’ve scanned in? Thanks so much for your help!

any time. Most people look for short lines during the day to convert

Looking at the blackout schedule for the Flex Pass, all of next January is greyed out.

Does this mean next January is just not scheduled yet, or is the whole month actually unavailable to visit?

Looking at the blackout schedule for the Flex Pass, all of next January is greyed out.

Does this mean next January is just not scheduled yet, or is the whole month actually unavailable to visit?
I think January is just not scheduled yet...I just double checked a couple other passes (Deluxe, Signature) and all of January is also grayed out. Let’s hope anyway...we also have Flex passes and loving it!

I think January is just not scheduled yet...I just double checked a couple other passes (Deluxe, Signature) and all of January is also grayed out. Let’s hope anyway...we also have Flex passes and loving it!

Groovy. Just wanted to be sure! I don't have the pass yet, but I'm *highly* considering it.

Do you have any pros or cons from your experience with it?

Just upgraded to the flex pass yesterday at the end of our trip. I originally purchased the tickets from Undercover Tourist on 11/21. I paid $373 for 3 day hopper Maxpass tickets. I upgraded on the app in-park with the Maxpass option for $699. It credited me $400 for the purchase of my original ticket. So all of that went well. Due to the crowds, I didn’t pick up our cards, but I will do that on my next visit.

My question is, I purchased my tickets from UT on 11/21, my first visit was 12/26, but the app says my Flexpass expires 11/21. Will they fix this when I go to pick up my card? Thanks

Just upgraded to the flex pass yesterday at the end of our trip. I originally purchased the tickets from Undercover Tourist on 11/21. I paid $373 for 3 day hopper Maxpass tickets. I upgraded on the app in-park with the Maxpass option for $699. It credited me $400 for the purchase of my original ticket. So all of that went well. Due to the crowds, I didn’t pick up our cards, but I will do that on my next visit.

My question is, I purchased my tickets from UT on 11/21, my first visit was 12/26, but the app says my Flexpass expires 11/21. Will they fix this when I go to pick up my card? Thanks

They should be able to, yes. I would keep your original admission tickets though. They asked for them when we had it corrected on our second to last day.

Anyone surprised opening weekend of Rise or Resistance is still available? Its MLK weekend too.
It’s available but not sure how hard it’ll be to get?

I also just upgraded to the Flexpass in the app!! It credited me the amount I spent on our 2 day tickets with max pass! I bought through ARes. Killer deal!! So excited to see how this flies this year!!

I messed up with my daughters name in my app, so her FP has my name too. I called and they made a note of it on my account and will straighten it out at the ticket booth when we get our pictures taken. I hope so!!

... I messed up with my daughters name in my app, so her FP has my name too. I called and they made a note of it on my account and will straighten it out at the ticket booth when we get our pictures taken. I hope so!!
Just make sure to allow extra time for this when you go to the ticket booths, in case you have to ask for a lead to clear things up. The good thing is that you'll be able to deal with an actual person, so it shouldn't be a big deal to get everything straightened out. But give yourself plenty of time -- if you get a new CM, something like this could take longer than expected.

It’s available but not sure how hard it’ll be to get?

If it shows available, then you can get the reservation. Or do you mean how hard it’ll ge to to get Rise of the Resistance?

Speaking of reservations though, if a date shows unavailable, don’t give up! I forgot to reserve January 5 back when it opened, and didn’t think of it until a good week later. Of course then it was unavailable. I’ve been checking several times a day since then, and was finally able to get a reservation today. People cancel reservations all the time, you just have to be lucky and check at the right time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter