Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

Yes, I’ve had that happen when it’s the morning of but tried it before 7 since it looked like I could reserve early but it would do the same. But right at or even a minute or two after 7 it worked. It can also be glitchy at times! Fingers crossed you get your dates...I felt the same way when we booked this last weekend at exactly 30 days out since it was the last weekend before block outs and we got it!
@MinnieMama09 you have made my blood pressure come down this morning!! I will keep refreshing right at 7AM California time and fingers crossed!! I am two hours ahead of California so I have been up for 3 hours already and it is making me crazy to wait! Thanks for your quick responses!!

We just bought Flex Passes for a trip over MLK (we're in NorCal and I figure we can make a handful of trips down). After purchasing, I was kicking myself for not just buying a two day park hopper inside the park and then upgrading. So glad we got the 18th! Looks like it's still open. Trying again for the 19th tomorrow.

Anyone get lucky for 1/18? I was "on it" but missed out. Both parks fully blocked right at 7A PT.

EDITED with GREAT NEWS! I got it! Closed the browser window and started over from scratch. YEAH!!!!
I was on right at 7am also, and it showed booked For 1/18/20. I almost freaked out but them remembered several on here said it may not open right at 7am. It was weird because the day was not grayed out way before 7am, but when I tried to book earlier than 7, it let me get all the way to the last screen, then gave me an error. Right at 7am, it showed a black mark through the date, as if it was all already booked. I was fuming for a second, but decided to take a breath and hope that this was going to resolve itself in a minute or two. And it did. The black mark went away at 7:01am and then I was able to book. Now to do it all again tomorrow for 1/19! Good luck all!!

18th—20th is still open a couple hours later. Looks to have just been the initial opening glitch.

We are upgrading our 5 day PHs this week to Flex passes. We were going to do it at the end of day tomorrow (our last day) but see that today and tomorrow is still open so we are thinking we might do it today and then reserve tomorrow. We can get at least one day of discounts (wish I had waited on all these souvenir purchases!)

I was on right at 7am also, and it showed booked For 1/18/20. I almost freaked out but them remembered several on here said it may not open right at 7am. It was weird because the day was not grayed out way before 7am, but when I tried to book earlier than 7, it let me get all the way to the last screen, then gave me an error. Right at 7am, it showed a black mark through the date, as if it was all already booked. I was fuming for a second, but decided to take a breath and hope that this was going to resolve itself in a minute or two. And it did. The black mark went away at 7:01am and then I was able to book. Now to do it all again tomorrow for 1/19! Good luck all!!
Yay, so glad you got it! I felt exactly the same way when I was booking for Dec. 14-15! Fingers crossed you’ll have the same good luck tomorrow! I know the feeling!!

We bought 5-day PHs with our last day scheduled for tomorrow (and today having a day off). I saw that tomorrow was still available for reservation so we decided to upgrade today instead of tomorrow. A few notes:
  • The initial expiration date ended up being a year from when I purchased the tickets from GAT which was end of November
  • If you choose the “Upgrade passes” from the main home screen in the app it doesn’t appear to apply the tickets purchased which seems like an extremely confusing user interface experience. Instead, you want to go into each individual ticket and choose the upgrade option from there. That worked correctly.
  • I noticed that I had the option to apply the purchase prices of multiple tickets for a single upgrade (upgrading my son first and I could have deferred even more cost by also applying my ticket). I was upgrading all 6 of our tickets to AP so that would not have made any sense. But if you are traveling with other folks that won’t be upgrading, would be a nice way to save more money.
  • We were able to get the initial day corrected at the booth, which we were already in line for to pick up our cards (I was upgrading us in the line)
  • I was able to immediately reserve tomorrow after upgrading in the app
  • This went much, much faster than our last upgrade at the end of 2017.
  • According to the CM you should expect to be able to make your next reservation (if you are holding two) at 7am the day after your first day. This seems to be the experience of several folks here (and on an AP Facebook group my wife is on) but some seem to be able to reserve their next day right after entry. I guess it should be considered pixie dust.

We bought 5-day PHs with our last day scheduled for tomorrow (and today having a day off). I saw that tomorrow was still available for reservation so we decided to upgrade today instead of tomorrow. A few notes:
  • The initial expiration date ended up being a year from when I purchased the tickets from GAT which was end of November
  • If you choose the “Upgrade passes” from the main home screen in the app it doesn’t appear to apply the tickets purchased which seems like an extremely confusing user interface experience. Instead, you want to go into each individual ticket and choose the upgrade option from there. That worked correctly.
  • I noticed that I had the option to apply the purchase prices of multiple tickets for a single upgrade (upgrading my son first and I could have deferred even more cost by also applying my ticket). I was upgrading all 6 of our tickets to AP so that would not have made any sense. But if you are traveling with other folks that won’t be upgrading, would be a nice way to save more money.
  • We were able to get the initial day corrected at the booth, which we were already in line for to pick up our cards (I was upgrading us in the line)
  • I was able to immediately reserve tomorrow after upgrading in the app
  • This went much, much faster than our last upgrade at the end of 2017.
  • According to the CM you should expect to be able to make your next reservation (if you are holding two) at 7am the day after your first day. This seems to be the experience of several folks here (and on an AP Facebook group my wife is on) but some seem to be able to reserve their next day right after entry. I guess it should be considered pixie dust.

I personally have always been able to immediately book a new reservation on all 3 three of our flex passes. I wonder what causes us to be able to book immediately and while others cannot...

I personally have always been able to immediately book a new reservation on all 3 three of our flex passes. I wonder what causes us to be able to book immediately and while others cannot...

I was not able to reserve a new date until 7am the next day after I used one of my reserved dates when I was there in September, however when I was there last week I was able to book a new day immediately after entering the parks for one of my reserved days, much to my surprise.

January 18 and 19 are still available. Maybe that means RoR opening won’t be nearly as crazy at DLR? We decide to check it out on the 19th since there were reservations.

Now I just need someone to cancel January 5 since I forgot to reserve that when it first opened up 😭

January 18 and 19 are still available. Maybe that means RoR opening won’t be nearly as crazy at DLR? We decide to check it out on the 19th since there were reservations.
I'm very surprised that 1/18 did not fill up yet. I'm wondering if Disney has not re-calibrated the system to account for ROTR's opening on 1/17. I can't imagine that Saturday 1/18 won't be unavailable at some point, because not only due to ROTR, but also simply that it's only the 2nd Saturday Flex Pass holders can go to the park following being completely blocked for 3 Saturdays over the holidays.

I'm very surprised that 1/18 did not fill up yet. I'm wondering if Disney has not re-calibrated the system to account for ROTR's opening on 1/17. I can't imagine that Saturday 1/18 won't be unavailable at some point, because not only due to ROTR, but also simply that it's only the 2nd Saturday Flex Pass holders can go to the park following being completely blocked for 3 Saturdays over the holidays.
And that is a 3 day weekend for some for MLK, so that is why we are coming that weekend. I am shocked that reservations are still available, more due to ROTR than the holiday, but both together seemed like the perfect storm. Luckily not, so far!

Yay, so glad you got it! I felt exactly the same way when I was booking for Dec. 14-15! Fingers crossed you’ll have the same good luck tomorrow! I know the feeling!!
Thank you! I got 1/19/20 this morning! Now have to keep fingers crossed that we can book 1/20/20 after we enter the parks on 1/18. I sure hope I don't have to wait until the next day to book 1/20. This morning's booking went a little differently than yesterday's. This morning, the day was again not grayed out when I first checked at about 4am California time. Right at 7AM, it did not change, did not get a black line through it like yesterday. I just kept refreshing, and it allowed me to book finally at 7:02AM. So I have no idea what the behind the scenes process is, but it worked nonetheless! Thanks for all of the help and advice!

Right at 7am is weird, it will go from greyed out, to all parks unavailable (panic mode now), then finally open to book. All within a 60-120 second span of constant refreshing on multiple devices.

I've been wondering why the 17th is a "Good to Go" day. I keep waiting for them to switch it to a reservation day, but got my 18th reservation just in case!

I've been wondering why the 17th is a "Good to Go" day. I keep waiting for them to switch it to a reservation day, but got my 18th reservation just in case!
The schedule for 12 months ahead came out prior to the day they announced the opening date for ROTR. Once they set up the schedule, it can't be changed. They have already stated that they will never make a previously announced Good To Go day a Reservation Required date.

Looking to buy the Flex pass and have a question. What is considered your start date for your pass? If I purchase it today but my first day in the park isn't until April. Wondering when will my pass expire one year from date of purchase or from 1st day in the park?

I'm thinking I want to buy it before they increase prices in February.

Looking to buy the Flex pass and have a question. What is considered your start date for your pass? If I purchase it today but my first day in the park isn't until April. Wondering when will my pass expire one year from date of purchase or from 1st day in the park?

I'm thinking I want to buy it before they increase prices in February.

Ha! What makes you think they will wait until February? Last year's AP price increase was the first week of January with no warning ahead of time. As for when the flex pass expires, it should be one year from 1st day of use entering a park. There were some people who reported having different expiration dates, but generally that got adjusted if you were willing to invest a little time with a ticket booth CM.

Ha! What makes you think they will wait until February? Last year's AP price increase was the first week of January with no warning ahead of time. As for when the flex pass expires, it should be one year from 1st day of use entering a park. There were some people who reported having different expiration dates, but generally that got adjusted if you were willing to invest a little time with a ticket booth CM.
OK thanks - I'll make a decision soon- I'm trying to decide if I should buy a discounted 5 day pass then upgrade or just buy the pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter