• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flight Delay Question

That would be required by the bank, not the state. And if your car isn't financed, then it's not required.
Correct, I worked in the insurance business for 30 years. I said if it is financed, insurance is required. Of course it is the bank that requires it. The state doesn't care.
Denise

For the record, I'm not hating on travel insurance. I'm merely providing an economic analysis of why people like me don't see it as a particularly wise purchase.

Honestly, a three day delay is excessive...even in a major weather event. I agree with the opinion that United will not reimburse any of your expenses.

That said, chances are strong that they will offer a service recovery gesture in the form of United frequent flyer miles, if asked. The easiest way to do this is the use the web form on the United site:
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/customer/customercare

Keep it short and simple. Just 3 or 4 sentences expressing your disappointment at the extended delay in getting your party to their destination. Example:

My family experienced a 3-day delay recently due to winter weather. I understand that recovering from hundreds of canceled flights is not easy. Still, I was disappointed with the lack of options for getting my family back home.

Provided you don't complain about every flight you take on United, there's really no downside to providing this feedback.

I am beyond speechless! I received an email from United Airlines today offering us a $150 travel voucher for 4 of our 5 tickets. I think they lost one of our triplets lol. Anyway, I’m not complaining at all. I never expected to receive $600 in travel credit to be used on a return flight and am just so grateful that I posted this question and was given your advice.

Thank you so much! Your advice was spot on! United Airlines really does seem to care about servicing their customers.

Thank you so much! Your advice was spot on! United Airlines really does seem to care about servicing their customers.

That's awesome! Make sure you keep that email (maybe print out a hard copy) and adhere to the validity dates.

The big airlines (American, Delta, Southwest, United) get a lot of negative media attention. Sometimes it's warranted; sometimes it's not. But, they do usually try to offer some form of service recovery gesture in these types of situations.

That's awesome! Make sure you keep that email (maybe print out a hard copy) and adhere to the validity dates.

The big airlines (American, Delta, Southwest, United) get a lot of negative media attention. Sometimes it's warranted; sometimes it's not. But, they do usually try to offer some form of service recovery gesture in these types of situations.

I saved the email to my iBooks, but am taking your suggestion and printing a hard copy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter