Flight of Passage in a skirt

Truxi

Mouseketeer
So my mom and I are going to Disney this January. My mom always wears a long skirt. Does anyone know if it's possible to comfortably ride FoP in a skirt?

If the skirt is long, I can't imagine it'll be an issue unless it's like a skin tight long pencil skirt.

Have your mom straddle a chair backwards at home. The ride vehicle shouldn't be as wide as an actual chair. If doesn't cause her discomfort, then she won't have any issues.

i wear dresses almost every day on trips to WDW in the spring, summer, and fall. i wore a dress that hit just below my knees in April on FOP. As long as the dress has some stretch, she will be fine. I wear shorts under my dresses for modesty so she may do that in case she has to raise it higher.

I am a male....but I think I can still offer some feedback. My cousin loves Disney!! She and her family go with us a lot when we go. She used to only wear shorts, but married into a religion that only allows skirts/dresses on women. At first she was worried, but now when she goes to Disney she wears skirts with leggings underneath that go just above or just below the knee. She rides everything, so she found that is the best solution. I am a dude, so what do I know, but I think she also looks stylish. So....that could be an option for your mom.

I always wear skirts. I have ridden FOP several times and had no issues.

The only issue I ever had in a skirt was trying to get out of the Space Mountain and Autopia rides, and that is probably as much to do with me being an awkward klutz as the skirt!

ETA....I always choose a fuller skirt for AK day. I think it is much easier to maneuver with than a straight one.

I rode FOP in a maxi dress and had no issues. I think your mom will be fine with a long skirt.

I wore a kneee-length skirt and had no issues. I think it would depend on the tightness. It is exactly like riding a motorcycle, so, if she can do that same motion in the skirt, there should be no issue.
@Elle23 I also had issues on Space, I think the vehicle is so awkwardly placed for getting into/out of, there is just no hope of dignity.

If she can ride a bicycle or motorcycle in a skirt, then she can do FOP in a skirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter