Florida Resident ticket question

bcactus

Mouseketeer
I looked at the ticket thread but had a quick question...my fiancee has a vacation condo in Destin. Her driver's license etc. are from Georgia where her primary residence is. Would she be able to show her property tax bills, etc. as proof of residency or is the discount limited to full time Florida residents?

We are also in Georgia, and have local friends who own a condo in Key West. They went to Disney with us last year and purchased Florida resident tickets. They had to show 2 bills in their names with the Key West address to activate the tickets. They do not have Georgia drivers licenses :)

Here are the requirements to prove FL residency for tickets/passes:

Florida Resident Tickets:
Proof of a Florida residential address is required. For each ticket purchased for an adult, you may provide any of the following:
  • Valid Florida Drivers License (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida State-issued ID Card (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida-based military ID
If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then you must provide one of the following, dated within the past two (2) months evidencing a Florida residential address together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

Proof of Current Mortgage
Monthly mortgage statement not older than two (2) months old
Deeds, Mortgage Contracts, Mortgage Payment Booklets and leases are not accepted.

Bills, Policies or Registration
Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill
Current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill
Current Utility bill (Power / Phone / Cable / Water)
Bills can be no more than two (2) months old (PO Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency).

Mail
Mail from financial institutions; including checking, savings or investment account statements
Mail from Federal, State, County or City government agencies
Mail can be no more than two (2) months old (PO Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)

One form of Florida residency validation as listed above is required. Additional members of the same household must only provide proof of same residential address.

Current statements and bills printed from electronic versions are accepted, along with electronic bills provided via smart phones and tablet devices.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/florida-residents/validation-requirements/

Ok thanks! Since we are not yet married I am assuming I would not be able to get the resident rate (or my kids) at this time. Good to know she can get it though!

She owns a home in Destin but lives in Atlanta. Ultimately she will move to NC but will still keep the home in Destin.

OK.
You say that she CAN get the FL resident rate for tickets?

DW and I are seasonal Florida residents and use one of our utility bills as proof of property ownership for our AP's. I think it is the cable bill in my name and the water bill in DW's name. Those and our NH ID's is all we needed.

OK.
You say that she CAN get the FL resident rate for tickets?

Based on what I read above it appears so since she can provide current mortgage statements and insurance policies/utility bills, etc. for her place in Destin. Since we are not married yet I don't have any interest in her property there so I know that I cannot get them for myself.

Here are the requirements to prove FL residency for tickets/passes:

Proof of Current Mortgage
Monthly mortgage statement not older than two (2) months old
Deeds, Mortgage Contracts, Mortgage Payment Booklets and leases are not accepted.

How about apartment rental leases???

If you move to Orlando and rent an apartment and establish residency you will have only 10 days to get your car registered in Florida and 30 days to get a driver's license. That will give you the proof of residency. Florida is strict about this because of auto insurance coverage.

Really...so what happens if I move to Orlando and rent an apartment???...so basically a new state ID and my bills and or statements???

I used utility bills and my bank statement. I didn't get my Florida DL or car registration until like 2 years after I moved here.

Really...so what happens if I move to Orlando and rent an apartment???...so basically a new state ID and my bills and or statements???
If you have a Driver's License or State ID issued by the State of Florida showing a FL address, you don't need any other proof of residency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter