Flowers and Firsts - A May 2010 PTR, 5/13 TR started! Link on pg 39

So sorry I missed your send-off! Hope you're having a blast!

I loved seeing all your scrapbook pages and memories from past trips! :goodvibes

So, it's 11 am EDT, which means you're having your last Disney moments before you have to leave . . . I wonder which option you chose for your last day??

Praying and trusting for a safe flight home for you & your mom! I know it'll take time to start your TR, but please let us know when you're back! :goodvibes

Happy Mother's Day to you!!!! Your trip to the World was definitely a great Mother's Day treat!!! :goodvibes

I'm home! Thanks so much for all the well wishes, we did have a really good time - even though it was HOT, like melting HOT, and CROWDED - yeah, all those touring sites that predicted a low crowd week, well, they didn't have a clue! I kid you not, Friday night the WS crowd riviled what we saw in December during one of the busiest weeks of the year :crowded: :crowded: :crowded: I will admit that I had a bit of a pity party at first, I mean if you go in expecting it to be crowded then you are prepared and it's not so bad, but going in expecting low crowds and then being slapped in the face with wall to wall people was a bit of a downer! We made the best of it though and I've got lots to share. I hope to have my TR started in the next few days - I'll be sure a post a link here when I get it going.

Also, thanks for the Mother's Day wishes! Believe it or not, the house was pretty clean - I've got tons of laundry to do, but they kept everything else nice and tidy :thumbsup2

And for all of you mom's out there

happy-mothers-day.gif

Welcome back! I agree with you that expecting high crowds is different than being hit with them by surprise. I'm glad that you didn't have a pity party for long though because there's always a way to enjoy WDW! Think of the fact that you were enjoying it as a DISer so you know so much more than others who would've been TOO overwhelmed by the crowds.

Anyway, looking forward to your trip report! And a happy mother's day to you!

Welcome home Michelle and Happy Mother's Day!

Sorry to hear about the crowds but I bet you made the most of it. I understand what you mean though about being prepared for them.

Welcome home & Happy Mom's Day!!!!!
Sorry to hear about the crowds but glad you made the best of it.

Welcome back! That stinks about the crowds...I agree, if you go in expecting it to be crowded it's a little bit different than when you are expecting low crowds. Glad you were able to make the best of it. Can't wait for your TR!

Boo for the crowds but yay that you made the best of them! :thumbsup2 Hot huh? Oooohh that doesnt bode well for June!!! Of course it was 80 all week and went from 80 to 60 today, so who knows!!! :upsidedow Spring is always on its head! Glad you made it back with a smile. Looking forward to hearing and seeing all of it! :surfweb:

Oh, that stinks about the crowds! I know exactly what you mean -- it makes such a difference when you think it is going to be quiet and it's anything but! I'm glad you were able to still have fun, though! Get that laundry finished so you can start your TR! :laughing:

Welcome home, Michelle! :goodvibes

Sorry to hear you were bushwacked by unexpected crowds. These planning sites had better get their acts together! That's what we rely on them for... accurate info!

Kathy

Hi Michelle! I am glad you had a good time despite the crowds.. wonder why it was so busy? Looking forward to hearing about your adventures! :goodvibes

Welcome back! I agree with you that expecting high crowds is different than being hit with them by surprise. I'm glad that you didn't have a pity party for long though because there's always a way to enjoy WDW! Think of the fact that you were enjoying it as a DISer so you know so much more than others who would've been TOO overwhelmed by the crowds.

Anyway, looking forward to your trip report! And a happy mother's day to you!

Thanks Rachel! You're right, the fact that I've been to WDW several times and know my way around helped a ton with still being able to get in most everything on our must do list. I felt kinda bad setting the alarm and making Mom get up early most mornings, but you know how beneficial it is to get to the parks at rope drop when it's busy!

Welcome home Michelle and Happy Mother's Day!

Sorry to hear about the crowds but I bet you made the most of it. I understand what you mean though about being prepared for them.

Thanks Stacy, hope you had a good Mother's Day as well.

I was bummed about the it being crowded, but really ride waits weren't terrible, there were just people everywhere!

Welcome home & Happy Mom's Day!!!!!
Sorry to hear about the crowds but glad you made the best of it.

Thanks Melanie! It's good to be home, I missed my rotten little boys!

Welcome back! That stinks about the crowds...I agree, if you go in expecting it to be crowded it's a little bit different than when you are expecting low crowds. Glad you were able to make the best of it. Can't wait for your TR!

You're right Sarah, the frame of mind you have when you arrive makes all the difference. The crowds Christmas week didn't really bother me too much because I went into it knowing it was going to be that way. This trip it took me by surprise!

The crowd at DTD Friday night wasn't any better! I thought the entire state of Florida was at DTD...but I guess some were at WS, too! :lmao: Glad to hear the rest of your trip was good anyway, once again it was great to meet you and your mom, and I can't wait to read about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter