Food and Wine festival... waiting.... patiently... not!! :)

eeyore45

<font color=darkorchid>Do-it-yourself pixie dust =
Just curious if I"m the only one that comes in looking for news of early ticket sales, and chefs that are coming in? I remember hoping to get to see Cat Coral, or Paula Deen... but missed them last year...

and how many of us are planning on the event of the festival? The Party of the (for the) Senses??? Hundreds I'm sure!!

:banana:

I know they released the dates and names of the bands for the eat to the beat concert - can the chef listings be far behind??? :dance3:

I'm not so patiently awaiting the lists myself! I had to cancel my Lunch N Learn with Cat Cora last year and I really hope she's coming back again.

I am waiting too... impatiently too I might add. This is my first time going to the F&WF, and what exactly do the chefs do? Do you have to buy tickets for every event? About how much do they cost?

Thanks!

Where is the best place to be looking for these announcements? The WDW website doesn't have anything but dates right now, yet I saw a list of Eat to the Beat performers. Where did that come from if not from WDW site? :confused3

I check multiple websites daily and call once or twice a week to see if there is any information.

July 1st is 90 days out and I think that is when they started taking reservations last year so more information should be coming shortly. I hope - I am a planner and need to have my first choices and back-ups ready incase they are already sold out by the time they get to me.

I can't wait to wake up at 4 am to get my reservations in.

Wow, I hadn't really even thought about which events we might attend... I guess I should start looking out for these so I can book things before they sell out... I've been told that I have to go to the PftS event so hopefully something comes out soon...

I was looking for the bands coming to the Eat to the Beat but couldn't find them... anyone have the link?

I hadn't really put a lot of thought into the F&WF, but I just called to waitlist to get into the BWV so that I can be right next to the action... :goodvibes I know chances are slim since it is completely booked... but maybe someone will cancel their ressie! :thumbsup2

I read on a board (and it could very well be here!!) an announcement of the dates of Food and Wine, and it mentioned ticketed events would go on sale ... JULY 31!!!

*sigh

altho, I'll be up and looking July 1, didnt realize that was the 90 day mark, one could hope!!

You can get some of the Eat to the Beat performer information at www.pollstar.com
Select City Itinerary from the dropdown box in the upper left corner.
Type Lake Buena Vista in the field below.
Click Go, or Enter, or whatever the button is.

I've been several years for this...but have missed the lat two year. I will not miss it this year!!!!

kaytieeldr said:
You can get some of the Eat to the Beat performer information at www.pollstar.com
Select City Itinerary from the dropdown box in the upper left corner.
Type Lake Buena Vista in the field below.
Click Go, or Enter, or whatever the button is.

Oh neat... thanks... Gloria Gaynor... I know where we'll be 10/12!

We are going the first weekend of the Food and Wine Fest on a adults only trip with BIL and SIL and I am trying really hard to talk everyone into the Party for the Senses on Sept 29th - no one but me wants to go - Guess I will just have to go myself :teeth:

Are there any reviews out there from previous years that I can show DH and BIL and his wife that will sway them to want to go?

Add me to the list of those waiting impatiently for the event listings!! The tickets are supposed to go on sale at the end of July, so I'd expect that they MUST come out sometime soon!!

CarolA said:
To get the schedule of performers for Epcot or any other park I find it much easier to go here

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm

Great info!

Thanks Carol!! I must save this to my fav - it has great info!!

and disneyglobegirl know that the Party of the Senses is $95 each - and we are simple hardworking people -$95 is ALOT of money to us!! But, its the only reason I get to plan another trip to Disney!! :yay: Dh loved this so much, he felt it was worth it to do again!! :woohoo: He even joined a "wine club" at our local "liquor store" because they do 2 "Food and WIne" events - lol funny we went, stayed overnight (talk about tipsy) the wines they served were all around the $10 price point - (some stores selling them for $17 - restaurants $20 - think Ford Coppola Wines is the one that stands out, we tried their champagne, havent seen it for sale anywhere!!)

Anyway - he kept saying, Disney does this so much better!! AND of COURSE they do... but they charge twice as much too!! You get to sample lots of diferent foods, and its appetizer size bites of food, some soup - I overheard many people (and read reviews) that many are the chefs employed by Disney, apparently its a mix - but all worthy of a high end chef status imho!! They cook the food right there - and serve it very prettily - and there are wines paired with the food they are serving...

when you are herded into the event (do a search, I know I've seen pictures of what I'm trying to describe!!) you wait for the main doors to open, you get your wine glasses, and a brochure - in past years they didnt have a lot of seating, so there was always a stampede for seating - so I joined that throng, I had to have a seat!! We planned on finding some of the wines that we were hoping to try, ice wines, french champagen, Remy Martin cognac... kobe beef, lobster,

you must be careful - drink plenty of water in between, eat lots of food - remember its all very rich, and you dont want to be praying to that porcelein god!! We paced ourselves just right at the Disney fest, but were shocked when I realized I had over indulged in the local one!! :blush: not hardly any food, no water, and the pours were so small (maybe an ounce or less) I didnt realize how much I was intaking!! :blush:

We often tho purchase wine, or champagnes, and prepare something great to go with it at home -

and the booths around the festival to offer tantalizing treats from the countries, lots of different wine flights, all worth partaking of!! So even if you dont do the POFS - you will still have a fabulous time (imho) walking around epcot - so much there!!

Deb's site, allearsnet does provide the July 31 date -

http://allearsnet.com/tp/ep/foodwine.htm

on the left is reviews from past events - the lunch and learn for instance, lots to choose from... guest chefs (I remember reading Paula Deen, and Iron Chef Cat Coral have been in previous years...)

a much better review of POTS...

here is a link to the list of food and wines there....
http://allearsnet.com/tp/ep/fw05/fw05_ps.htm
scroll down and there are reviews... somewhere here on the dis is reviews with pictures of everything!! :surfweb:

eeyore45 said:
Thanks Carol!! I must save this to my fav - it has great info!!

and disneyglobegirl know that the Party of the Senses is $95 each - and we are simple hardworking people -$95 is ALOT of money to us!! But, its the only reason I get to plan another trip to Disney!! :yay: Dh loved this so much, he felt it was worth it to do again!! :woohoo: He even joined a "wine club" at our local "liquor store" because they do 2 "Food and WIne" events - lol funny we went, stayed overnight (talk about tipsy) the wines they served were all around the $10 price point - (some stores selling them for $17 - restaurants $20 - think Ford Coppola Wines is the one that stands out, we tried their champagne, havent seen it for sale anywhere!!)

Anyway - he kept saying, Disney does this so much better!! AND of COURSE they do... but they charge twice as much too!! You get to sample lots of diferent foods, and its appetizer size bites of food, some soup - I overheard many people (and read reviews) that many are the chefs employed by Disney, apparently its a mix - but all worthy of a high end chef status imho!! They cook the food right there - and serve it very prettily - and there are wines paired with the food they are serving...

when you are herded into the event (do a search, I know I've seen pictures of what I'm trying to describe!!) you wait for the main doors to open, you get your wine glasses, and a brochure - in past years they didnt have a lot of seating, so there was always a stampede for seating - so I joined that throng, I had to have a seat!! We planned on finding some of the wines that we were hoping to try, ice wines, french champagen, Remy Martin cognac... kobe beef, lobster,

you must be careful - drink plenty of water in between, eat lots of food - remember its all very rich, and you dont want to be praying to that porcelein god!! We paced ourselves just right at the Disney fest, but were shocked when I realized I had over indulged in the local one!! :blush: not hardly any food, no water, and the pours were so small (maybe an ounce or less) I didnt realize how much I was intaking!! :blush:

We often tho purchase wine, or champagnes, and prepare something great to go with it at home -

and the booths around the festival to offer tantalizing treats from the countries, lots of different wine flights, all worth partaking of!! So even if you dont do the POFS - you will still have a fabulous time (imho) walking around epcot - so much there!!

Thanks for the great review Eeyore45! BIL and DH are notoriously cheap - LOL I just may have to talk SIL into doing this with me while the men do something else!! :rotfl2:

I figured the PFTS would go for more than 2 1/2 hours, but it sounds like it goes from 6:30pm to park close around 9pm. Is that true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter