We're back! I'm glad to hear the crowds are forecasted to settle down for your visit. We normally go during Christmas and New Year's, which is their busies of the whole year, but honestly we felt the crowds we had over the last few days were the worst we've ever experienced!! (Good thing we're seasoned vets and know what we're doing, LOL! But I felt bad for people who were on their first trip thinking this is the way it always is!)

We're back! I'

Welcome Back! It looked like y'all had a great time.

I'm glad to hear the crowds are forecasted to settle down for your visit.

I'm happy to hear it too.

We normally go during Christmas and New Year's, which is their busies of the whole year, but honestly we felt the crowds we had over the last few days were the worst we've ever experienced!! (Good thing we're seasoned vets and know what we're doing, LOL

Disney is really packing the people in. Knowing what you're doing makes all the difference.

But I felt bad for people who were on their first trip thinking this is the way it always is!)

I feel bad for first timers too that don't prepare. My nephew and family are there now. It's the first trip for most of their family but nephews wife is a planner and she is prepared. She tested me this morning to let me know they had 2.5 rides done before DHS officially open and had LL for Slinky Dog set up for the perfect time for them.

We started with breakfast at Gaston's. Who doesn't love a big gooey cinnamon roll?
I love those. That was like the one snack I wanted to get on our trip. But after we paid for Genie+ and Lightning Lanes... well the snack budget got cut and everytime we were there it was a long enough line that I didn't want to wait. Oh well.
Our ADR at Skippers was for 11:30. The park had opened at 8 am and our breakfast treat was at 8:30 so we were plenty hungry. This was our second visit here and we were excited to be back.
I really want to go there sometime. Looks like a fun place to eat. We have too many picky eaters though. :lmao:
She took some photos around the Hub with her graduation cap she and Michelle had decorated.
I really like that!
She did some photos by the mosaics and finished at the wishing well. We did loose the graduation hat in the well, but it did dry back out.
Looks like she was able to get some great photos in some really fun locations. I'm glad the hat wasn't ruined!
:laughing: Oh well!

(yes. pun intended. ;))
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:
Look at your sweet family! R is so grown up now!
They are all growing fast!

I love those. That was like the one snack I wanted to get on our trip. But after we paid for Genie+ and Lightning Lanes... well the snack budget got cut and everytime we were there it was a long enough line that I didn't want to wait. Oh well.

I totally understand. That's a lot of extra expense for a family. I've passed on Gaston's due to the line also.
I really want to go there sometime. Looks like a fun place to eat. We have too many picky eaters though.

It is fun and so much quieter than some places. The menu is different. The first time we ate here we brought in a hot dog from Tortuga's for John Paul. The waitress didn't bat an eye.

I really like that!

Thank you!

Looks like she was able to get some great photos in some really fun locations. I'm glad the hat wasn't ruined!

I'm glad we didn't have to sacrifice the hat too. She still had to wear it at graduation.

Almost time!
It's almost time to head back to Disney!
I'm lucky to be working from home this week so I've been doing a little each day to get ready. I have just some more packing and we have a baseball game for John Paul tonight. Dennis still needs to finish our taxes, nothing like waiting till the last minute. He always waits till the last minute, even though we usually get money back.
I'm so excited but hoping to get to be early tonight. We're driving and Dennis wants to leave by 4 am.
I'm going to post his last update from our May 2021 trip.

Last Food Update- May 6, 2021
It was time to leave Disney. We had a very late flight so we had some time to eat and shop some more.
We packed up and left our bags with luggage services.
1681491725595.png

This as the day the Skyliner to Epcot was down so we ended up taking it to Studios and then a Lyft to Beach Club for an early lunch at Beaches and Cream. I'm sure we grabbed a little something at CBR for breakfast but I have no record.

This was a first for Dennis but a repeat for Danielle and I. It has burgers and ice cream so I knew he would like it.

He got the Cheeseburger and substituted some loaded tots for his fries.

1681491936136.png

I had the Reuben and substituted the fries for Onion Rings.

1681491989571.png

Danielle had what she pretty much gets most times she goes here, Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup. She had been back for this a lot.
1681492067246.png

We all really enjoyed our food. I would love to go back but it just hasn't worked out yet to do that.

We actually left some room for dessert. Dennis is a sucker for a Banana Split. He will get it every chance he gets.

1681492182259.png

Danielle and I split the Snickers Sundae. I really wanted to get the No Way Jose but I deferred to her.

1681492257291.png

It was good but I still want to get the No Way Jose.

Dennis had no trouble making a happy plate. But Danielle and I did not.

1681492324895.png

1681492348664.png

With full bellies, we made our way to Disney Spring to make lots of purchases before going back to CBR to wait for our last ME ride.

And that ends the food portion of this trip.

When we get back I'll try to get started on our Girls Trip from Labor Day Weekend 2021. This was our first official visit to see Danielle on her new CP program.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Beaches and Cream is hard to beat. Their desserts are fabulous. Perfect way to end your trip and now you’re off again to see your girl! Have a great time. Safe travels :goodvibes

It was time to leave Disney.
While this is normally the worst... it's tempered this time since you're heading back so soon!
It has burgers and ice cream so I knew he would like it.
::yes::
I mean... come on!
He got the Cheeseburger
Did he say how it ranked? Like... one of the best he's had... not bad, but he's had better... just okay... ??
I had the Reuben and substituted the fries for Onion Rings.
I've never had the rings there, but I've heard they stack up against 50s' rings (and that's saying a lot!)
Danielle had what she pretty much gets most times she goes here, Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup. She had been back for this a lot.
::yes::
An absolute classic.
Dennis is a sucker for a Banana Split. He will get it every chance he gets.
:) I'm okay with that. Another classic.
Danielle and I split the Snickers Sundae. I really wanted to get the No Way Jose but I deferred to her.
It sure looks good, but...

Yeah, I don't know if I could not order the No Way
It's almost time to head back to Disney!
Yay! Have a great time!
We're driving and Dennis wants to leave by 4 am.
I get that too. I'd probably be the same way.

If you ask us to remember the old time so it would be so scary. When everyone was escaping from others to get in touch even friends and relatives.

Did he say how it ranked? Like... one of the best he's had... not bad, but he's had better... just okay... ??

He didn't say but I really need to ask him how he would rank the burgers he has had in Disney.

I've never had the rings there, but I've heard they stack up against 50s' rings (and that's saying a lot!)

They were good, but not as good as Prime Time.

It sure looks good, but...

Yeah, I don't know if I could not order the No Way

I still haven't had it, but Danielle has.

Yay! Have a great time!

Thank you! We did have a great time.

I get that too. I'd probably be the same way.

He actually split the difference in time. We usually shoot for 5 am. We actually left at 4:31 am. I actually stayed awake and saw the sun coming up as we drove through Mississippi. It was beautiful.

If you ask us to remember the old time so it would be so scary. When everyone was escaping from others to get in touch even friends and relatives.

:welcome:

This was in the past, and I'm very glad thinks are so much better now and we're not as scared.

We're back and trying to recover. We had a great trip and we did get to meet some Disers. We have been trying to get back to normal but had to get through with party preparations and hosting. We had John Paul's 6th Birthday Party here on Sunday. It was great but I'm glad it's over. He had a Gel Blaster Mobile Party in our back yard. Battle Rouge
I think the kids and adults enjoyed the round of all the kids against the parents the most.

I'm going to spend the next few days trying to get caught up and then start our Girls trip from 2021.

He didn't say but I really need to ask him how he would rank the burgers he has had in Disney.
Yes. Yes you do. Now. I’ll wait.
They were good, but not as good as Prime Time.
Oh!
Thanks. That’s good to know.
I still haven't had it, but Danielle has.
You haven’t???

GET IT
Thank you! We did have a great time.
Great! :)
We had a great trip and we did get to meet some Disers.
:goodvibes
We had John Paul's 6th Birthday Party here on Sunday. It was great but I'm glad it's over.
:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter