Food, Wine, MNSSHP, Harry Potter-Oct 2010 {waiting to book dining & my crazy cat p.7}

Which is your favorite sunset shot from January?

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3137.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3168.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3170.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3162.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3146.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3136.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3135.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2590.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2624.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2619.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2429.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2426.jpg[/IMG]

Results are only viewable after voting.
WOW you have been BUSY!!! Love the pics:thumbsup2 and I love Top Chefs so cool that you made it to tom’s Restaurant:banana:!! Sounds like the food was a mix of good and bad...I still want to eat there;)

The pics are great and I think it STINKS that men seem to be able to eat whatever they want and gain no weight and we gain it by just looking at food 

Your way more relaxed about that than I would be. I would be a basket case if I thought a squirrel was in the attic. I've seen that movie way too many times!
I would think that they'd give you a rental since it's a recall. I can't even imagine driving 600 miles a week. :scared1: I've become so use to being a train commuter now. I drive my 2.5 miles to the train station and my 2.5 home and I've had enough. Even when I did have to drive it was only about 70 miles round trip. I can't wait until my car is paid off in October. This is the first car I've had that isn't ready to die by the time I've paid it off. It will be 5 years old and I haven't hit 30,000 miles yet. I :love: the train.
That's great that you got a good deal. I still haven't decieded about renting a car this trip.
I love MNSSHP! While the Christmas party was okay, I didn't love it the way I did the halloween party. It wasn't nearly as much fun. I dressed up the last time I went, but my BFF wouldn't. I'm so glad I did. It added alot to the experience. It was fun interacting with the cast members. I dressed up as Belle, and had some really fun moments interacting with Cinderella's stepsisters.
If we go the same day this trip we should meet up. Then you can dress up too. :) I love any excuse to put on a silly costume. I'm already debating costumes for the fall.

I’m ok if the squirrel is ok- if it was injured or dead, I would be completely freaking out! I am HORRIBLE in emergency situations. I’m the stupid, hysterical idiot that is NO help because I’m too busy freaking out.

I’m so jealous that you can commute by train! I wish I could take the train to work. The commuter rail does come through the Town I work in, but I would have to take a train to Boston, then one here. The way the train times work out, I would have to leave my house at 4:15am & get home at about 9:15pm. :headache: I had to do it for a couple of weeks before & it KILLED me. I was exhausted!!! My car is a 2003 & I had a 6 year loan. It has been VERY good to me. I really have only had regular maintenance done to it so far. Unfortunately, I put tons of miles on it. I’m hoping to get at least another year out of it before it dies- Although- I was looking at the 2010 Santa Fe in red & I’m completely in love! :love:

Isn’t the Halloween party awesome?!!? Me & my bf at the time went as Gomez & Morticia one year. It was great! If we go to the party on the same day, I will definitely put on a costume!!! We can trick or treat, too! :thumbsup2 I’m going to post about costumes next time I post a PTR installment.

Goodness gracious, you have had a lot on your plate lately. Hopefully, they can get your vehicle fixed quickly and will give you something else to drive.
Tell John to hurry up and either fix the air filter for the turtles or let you go buy another one. Don't want your place stinking to high heaven.:rotfl:
I would absolutely love to go to Disney World during ANY of their parties but I think Halloween would be extra fun.

My stress is nothing compared to yours- with worrying about Lacey! :guilty:

Well, I called to make a service appointment & they told me JUNE was the earliest they could get me in. :scared1: I told them I drive 600 miles per week & my car has over 190,000 miles on it already & the guy said to at least drop in & let them take a look to see if it has rusted at all. :sad2:

Oh, Lisa- I’m telling you- the Halloween is the best party!!! You would love it. You can trick or treat, the fireworks are great, and the parade is awesome. I wish you were going in October, too!

WOW you have been BUSY!!! Love the pics:thumbsup2 and I love Top Chefs so cool that you made it to tom’s Restaurant:banana:!! Sounds like the food was a mix of good and bad...I still want to eat there;)

The pics are great and I think it STINKS that men seem to be able to eat whatever they want and gain no weight and we gain it by just looking at food 

Thanks! The last time we went to craftsteak (December 2008), everything was absolutely perfect. I think it may have just been an off night. I am usually not picky at all about my food, either, so maybe it was an off night for me! I would definitely say try that restaurant if you can.

I know...I will be eating my Thai veggie soup for lunch & gain 3 pounds while I am sure John will eat 87 tons of corned beef and lose 3. :rotfl: It drives me NUTS!

Ok…So costume ideas for the Halloween Party:
Lucy (as in “I Love Lucy”)
The Red Queen or Alice from the new Alice in Wonderland
"Traditional" Alice
Lilly Munster
The Bride or Opera Singer (from the graveyard scene) from the Haunted Mansion

What do you guys think?

I found photos from my 2003 October trip to Disney when I was dressed as Morticia Adams. Some are TOO funny.
100_0869.jpg

100_0867.jpg

us_boat.jpg

The dress was a little snug to say the least!!! :scared1:

I have some from Halloween Horror Nights, too. They are all very dark & the photo quality was not great back then. I think my camera was a 3 megapixel!
This was some huge devil-type creature:
100_0855.jpg

A foam-producing machine:
100_0853.jpg

One of the random characters:
100_0845.jpg

This is just a statue in Islands of Adventure (during HHN):
100_0844.jpg

I am still undecided about whether or not I will go to HHN. That is going to end up being a last minute decision.

I have more from MNSSHP in 2003, too!
100_0866.jpg

100_0865.jpg

I LOVE how they do this:
100_0883.jpg

This is from Epcot on that same trip:
001_1.jpg

This is from POR (it was right outside of our room)-
100_0864.jpg

This is from DHS on the same trip (I guess Haunted Mansion came out that year):
100_0908.jpg

100_0909.jpg

us_mickey.jpg

One more random MK photo:
100_0904.jpg

I miss this place SOOOO much!!!...
039_39.jpg

040_40.jpg

I wish the Adventurer’s Club was still there. I’m glad I got to go a few times before it closed. I wonder if they will ever re-open it because it was SO popular & just tons of fun.

You will notice how I cropped out an ex in a lot of the photos. Talk about BAD memories! He was always telling me I was fat back then…I think I was a size 6 or something at that time. I stuck with that relationship for 2 years, too, because I never thought anyone else would like me. In September 2004, I lost 2 grandparents (from different sides of the family) in the same week from unrelated illnesses. He argued with me about going to the services because he didn’t want to miss out on work (he worked for himself). A few days after the services, he asked me to move out. I guess it was smart on his part because I was too sad to be angry & I didn’t put up a fight about him keeping the condo we bought together and myself getting NOTHING for it. :sad2: Ahh, I learned a lot about what I didn’t want in life from that selfish man. I could go on & on, but you guys don’t need to hear that stuff. Besides, I am SURE everyone out there has at least ONE bad relationship story! Though, I have to say- dating from age 16 to age 32 has taught me A LOT. I could start an advice column!!! :rotfl:

Anyhoo- that was WAY :offtopic:! Today I work 7:30am until 7:30pm. I just DO NOT like sitting at a desk all day when I have so much energy! :hyper: At least I can go out at lunch. I’m going to get my favorite Subway sandwich…a little bit of provolone cheese, lettuce, fresh spinach, tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, onions, banana peppers, extra jalapenos, and yellow mustard on the 9-grain wheat bread. I am completely hooked on that sandwich. Sorry for the off- topic stuff. My posts will be MUCH more Disney related when park hours come out! ::MickeyMo

Well, knowing that you love horror movies and Disney, I think I'd go with either the Bride or the Opera Singer from Haunted Mansion.

You're old boyfriend should be shot for telling you you were fat and you being just a size 6. Size six is NOT fat!

Well, knowing that you love horror movies and Disney, I think I'd go with either the Bride or the Opera Singer from Haunted Mansion.

You're old boyfriend should be shot for telling you you were fat and you being just a size 6. Size six is NOT fat!

I think you're right about the costumes. I was leaning that way or to Lilly Munster.

That guy had MAJOR issues!!! :rolleyes: Before that trip, I was even a size 4 (*sigh*...I'll never see those numbers again!) and he would seriously NAG me about going to the gym, making sure I take ephedrine every day (before it was banned), and not eating carbs. I should have told him to just worry about himself & leave me alone.

Bad ex's STICK and hindsight is 20/20 and you are too nice to have to put up with his C@ap...And it sounds like the new guy is a lot better anyway!! :hug:

I think everyone and the mother is going to be leaning towards Alice this Halloween and I think you could really pull off the Bride from haunted mansion :thumbsup2or Lilly from the Munsters:yay:

First let me start by saying MEN ARE IGNORANT IDIOTS about 99% of the time. I love the pictures and you look really skinny in that dress. I like the Lilly Munster costume idea :thumbsup2. The Munsters was one of my favorite shows.

I love the costume ideas! I've been playing around with a few too. I think everyone else is right. Alice is going to be the hot costume down at Disney this year. I do love having Disney inspired costumes though while at MNSSHP. You get such great interaction with the CM's that way. I love the idea of the Opera singer. Cute!

Bad ex's STICK and hindsight is 20/20 and you are too nice to have to put up with his C@ap...And it sounds like the new guy is a lot better anyway!! :hug:

I think everyone and the mother is going to be leaning towards Alice this Halloween and I think you could really pull off the Bride from haunted mansion :thumbsup2or Lilly from the Munsters:yay:

Thanks! The new guy is DEFINITELY in a whole different class than the other one. I'm very lucky now.
I didn't think about that with the Alice stuff, but I bet you're right- EVERYONE will be an Alice! I'm really leaning towards the bride from Haunted Mansion if I can find a light to use for the heart.

First let me start by saying MEN ARE IGNORANT IDIOTS about 99% of the time. I love the pictures and you look really skinny in that dress. I like the Lilly Munster costume idea :thumbsup2. The Munsters was one of my favorite shows.

Oh- I WISH I was still that size! I wish I had the sense to know I was skinny then, but I didn't. :rolleyes:
Lilly Munster & the bride from HM are the "front runners" right now.
You know- I was trying to figure out a way to get there in May to be able to meet everyone, but I just can't do it. :sad1: I really hope I can make it happen next year.

I love the costume ideas! I've been playing around with a few too. I think everyone else is right. Alice is going to be the hot costume down at Disney this year. I do love having Disney inspired costumes though while at MNSSHP. You get such great interaction with the CM's that way. I love the idea of the Opera singer. Cute!

Have you thought about a costume for you yet? Isn't the waiting for park hours making you crazy? Because it is making me crazy!!!

Friday we went to see "The Crazies". I love horror movies & that one didn’t disappoint! Saturday morning I was up by 8am & I made an egg white omelet with tomatoes, scallions, and green peppers. Then, I worked outside all day- I prepared an area for my garden & put my compost bin together.
IMG_3445.jpg

I did 5 loads of laundry, cleaned out my car, filed some paperwork I had (Bills, receipts, etc.), and changed the sheets. This guy was hanging around in our side yard:
turkey.jpg

It’s funny- he always visits alone. John & I went to eat at a Mexican place & picked up a new hose, nozzle, and stuff to plant at Wal-mart Saturday night. Sorry- I didn’t take any photos of the food. John had Arroz con Pollo and I got a Veggie meal- chili relleno, spinach enchilada, cheese enchilada, and black beans. Sunday I planted a ton of stuff in these little peat pellets to see if I can grow anything indoors from seeds. I did a little more cleaning, made brownies for John & made a stir fry for dinner.
Someone just popped into my office & told me there will be another Pirates movie. Yay! The bad part is that Orlando & Keira will not be in it.
I found some photos from my June 2004 trip with my friend, Sarah:
100_1314.jpg

I will definitely be using sun block in October to avoid this kind of a situation:
100_1318.jpg

I looked ridiculous in that photo! I had such a bad sunburn on my face.
We stayed at POFQ on that trip. I really love that resort.
pofqslide.jpg

100_1336.jpg

Some night MK photos:
100_1347.jpg

100_1350.jpg

Guess what?!?!? I booked my airfare!!!!! :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: Thank goodness for Southwest & their cheap-o airfare! I’m glad I waited to book with them. My official dates are October 4th through 11th. I will arrive in Orlando at 9:55am, pick up my bags, then pick up my midsize rental from Alamo & drive to YC to check in. After that- I have no idea because PARK HOURS AREN’T OUT YET FOR OCTOBER!!!!! :hyper: Umm…yeah…I’m a little anxious to find out hours for October!!! I promise a much more thought out & organized post tomorrow or Thursday. Have a great day, everyone!!!

Love this guy!!! He sure is brave!

These shots are amazing
Some night MK photos:
100_1347.jpg

Guess what?!?!? I booked my airfare!!!!! :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: Thank goodness for Southwest & their cheap-o airfare! I’m glad I waited to book with them. My official dates are October 4th through 11th. I will arrive in Orlando at 9:55am, pick up my bags, then pick up my midsize rental from Alamo & drive to YC to check in. After that- I have no idea because PARK HOURS AREN’T OUT YET FOR OCTOBER!!!!! :hyper: Umm…yeah…I’m a little anxious to find out hours for October!!! I promise a much more thought out & organized post tomorrow or Thursday. Have a great day, everyone!!![/COLOR][/B]

WTG on the airfare!!! :banana::banana: Your trip will be here before you know it. I can't believe how fast my trip is coming up.

I wish you could come down in May, it would be great to meet up with you too!!

Girlfriend....are you crazy going to see The Crazies? I am scared to death of scary movies. You're a braver woman than I. Speaking of brave, Mr. Turkey better be watching out when November rolls around.

Yeah for booking airfare. I so wish there was a bigger airport nearby so we could get some cheap airfare. The cheapest so far has been about $250.00 a person and that's with us driving to an airport almost 3 hours away.

Love this guy!!! He sure is brave!
WTG on the airfare!!! :banana::banana: Your trip will be here before you know it. I can't believe how fast my trip is coming up.
I wish you could come down in May, it would be great to meet up with you too!!

Thanks! I tried to convince a friend to go with me in May, but she can only make it in June. Thank goodness for trip reports, so I can still read about your trip! I’m really looking forward to your photos with that new camera!!!

Girlfriend....are you crazy going to see The Crazies? I am scared to death of scary movies. You're a braver woman than I. Speaking of brave, Mr. Turkey better be watching out when November rolls around!
Yeah for booking airfare. I so wish there was a bigger airport nearby so we could get some cheap airfare. The cheapest so far has been about $250.00 a person and that's with us driving to an airport almost 3 hours away.

I LOVE scary movies- even though they give me nightmares. I used to watch them with my Grandma all of the time. I think that is one of the things I miss most. That turkey is smarter than you know- he parked his butt at a vegetarian’s house! :rotfl: Isis is pretty interested in him, though!!
Yikes! That is pretty expensive airfare for being close to WDW! Mine ends up being just about that amount from Boston, Hartford, or Providence. I love flying out of Providence because it is relatively small & not too busy- plus the parking is CHEAP! How long does it take you to drive to WDW? PLEASE tell me you’re planning to write a trip report for your trip, too!

Hey April!
catching up...I keep getting behind and now that I took the little girl back that I was watching last year my time is going to become even slimer :eek:

So, my two cents on all...
great pictures as always I love the light in the walt and mickey pic, that is some crazy looking dragon from Epcot don't know why the plants in the mouth are throwing it off for me :confused3: and on the ex def. much better off without him and the condo:thumbsup2

here is a thought on the costumes (although I do like the two you have it dewindled down to) since you think everyone will be Alice (Gwendolyn did it two years ago:laughing: ) what about the white or red queen?!? just a thought:rolleyes1

:banana::banana:on booking your Oct airfare:banana::banana: it will be here before you know it! I can't believe we leave in just 31 days!

BTW: Danny and I did mexican sat too! sounds like everyone was in a fieasta mood!:dance3:

I LOVE scary movies- even though they give me nightmares. I used to watch them with my Grandma all of the time. I think that is one of the things I miss most. That turkey is smarter than you know- he parked his butt at a vegetarian’s house! :rotfl: Isis is pretty interested in him, though!!
Yikes! That is pretty expensive airfare for being close to WDW! Mine ends up being just about that amount from Boston, Hartford, or Providence. I love flying out of Providence because it is relatively small & not too busy- plus the parking is CHEAP! How long does it take you to drive to WDW? PLEASE tell me you’re planning to write a trip report for your trip, too!

I knew that you were a vegetarian but how about your neighbors? Mr. Turkey better stay put.:laughing:

It takes us between 14 to 16 hours to drive to Disney. Just depends on traffic and weather. I know we'll have to adjust our driving schedule a little this year because Mama won't be able to ride for a long period of time without walking around. That's okay though. We can deal with that. And, yes, I'll be writing a trip report. I have to in order to keep my sanity until the next Disney trip.;)

Yey for the airfare! I love booking airfare for trips. It always makes me feel like the trip is so much more real.

I am contemplating costumes for MNSSHP. Nothing for certain yet, but a few ideas. :)

Hey April!
catching up...I keep getting behind and now that I took the little girl back that I was watching last year my time is going to become even slimer :eek:

So, my two cents on all...
great pictures as always I love the light in the walt and mickey pic, that is some crazy looking dragon from Epcot don't know why the plants in the mouth are throwing it off for me :confused3: and on the ex def. much better off without him and the condo:thumbsup2

here is a thought on the costumes (although I do like the two you have it dewindled down to) since you think everyone will be Alice (Gwendolyn did it two years ago:laughing: ) what about the white or red queen?!? just a thought:rolleyes1

:banana::banana:on booking your Oct airfare:banana::banana: it will be here before you know it! I can't believe we leave in just 31 days!

BTW: Danny and I did mexican sat too! sounds like everyone was in a fieasta mood!:dance3:

That's so funny that everyone ate Mexican that day! :rotfl:
If there's one thing I stink at- it is making a decision. I'll let you know what I decide for a costume as soon as I finally decide. :laughing:
You have only a month to go!!! :banana::dance3::yay:

I knew that you were a vegetarian but how about your neighbors? Mr. Turkey better stay put.:laughing:

It takes us between 14 to 16 hours to drive to Disney. Just depends on traffic and weather. I know we'll have to adjust our driving schedule a little this year because Mama won't be able to ride for a long period of time without walking around. That's okay though. We can deal with that. And, yes, I'll be writing a trip report. I have to in order to keep my sanity until the next Disney trip.;)

I'm seriously surprised that one of the neighborhood dogs hasn't eaten that turkey yet. The only dogs in the neighborhood on leashes are mine & my mom's.
:woohoo: for your TR!!!!!! I am looking forward to it!

Hey April.......somebody just posted on another thread that Southwest is booking for October now!

Thanks! :thumbsup2 I booked my air with Southwest. It wasn't TOO cheap, but better than anywhere else!

Yey for the airfare! I love booking airfare for trips. It always makes me feel like the trip is so much more real.

I am contemplating costumes for MNSSHP. Nothing for certain yet, but a few ideas. :)

I can't wait for this trip. It is cool that you will be "next door" too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter