Food, Wine, MNSSHP, Harry Potter-Oct 2010 {waiting to book dining & my crazy cat p.7}

Which is your favorite sunset shot from January?

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3137.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3168.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3170.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3162.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3146.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3136.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_3135.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2590.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2624.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2619.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2429.jpg[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/aprilisis/Disney-%20January%202010/IMG_2426.jpg[/IMG]

Results are only viewable after voting.
It has been a long day today. I went to the post office before lunch today & got new stamps- they have Simpsons stamps now!
IMG_0159.jpg

I picked up mail for work & mailed something. Since I had a dr’s appointment, I didn’t have time to leave for lunch. I have recently discovered that I can order from a local pizza place online, pay & tip online, and monitor the status of the order.
IMG_0162.jpg

It is THE coolest thing! It even tells you how long it has been since you ordered. Now that I know they will deliver it here, though, I am in trouble. At least they have a lot of healthy stuff. I’m hoping to get my butt in gear and get into better shape before I go to NYC, too, since we will be doing a lot of walking. I bought new running shoes (FINALLY):
sneaks.jpg

I have some random shots for you while I’m killing time until Park hours come out. The next 2 photos are of a YC room I had in January. It was very roomy (everywhere except the bathroom).
YCBeds.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

This is the exterior of YC from the rear:
YCBack.jpg

Tower of Terror (still my favorite) from December 2007:
00tot.jpg

View from our Boardwalk room in October 2008:
BWView.jpg

The Castle during MNSSHP in October 2008:
castlepurp.jpg

I can’t remember if these were in Boardwalk or Beach Club in December 2007:
choc_Car.jpg

ging.jpg

Epcot in November 2006 (if you look closely to the left, you can see the Christmas tree):
epcotnov06.jpg

View of Epcot from Italy in December 2007:
ITALY.jpg

Spaceship Earth in December 2007:
SSE.jpg

Disney Quest in December 2007:
DQ.jpg

My favorite photo of John in China in February 2009:
John_China.jpg

I will be home this year in time to dress Isis up for Halloween again. I’m sure she will be thrilled. Here she is as a lobster:
Isis_Lobster.jpg

Hopefully park hours come out tomorrow, so I can post more about plans for October. This weekend I have no plans except a hair appointment tomorrow & maybe watching a UFC fight with my brother. I hope you all have a great weekend.

Oh I would love it if hours came out tomorrow. Then I can make some real plans! What I really need is the schedule for things like Fantasmic and Spectromagic. I think I need to stop scheduling trips for the begining of months. I'm too antsy to wait for schedules.

I love the pic of Isis dressed up. Not looking happy at all!

This weekend was totally uneventful. I didn’t do much of anything besides get my hair done Friday, clean the turtle tank Saturday, and do laundry & watch “2012” Sunday. It was kind of nice. So far, most of the seeds I planted are growing:
plants2.jpg

plants.jpg

I plated avocado pits last year & they grew!
avocado.jpg

This is the neighbor’s dog- he visits at least once a day:
brady.jpg

This is Isis while I am just TALKING about cutting her toenails:
isis_toenails.jpg

:rotfl: Needless to say- I can’t cut her nails!!!
But the BIG news is- October hours came out!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already started a spreadsheet:
sched.jpg

So far, here are my plans:
Monday, October 4, 2010: John will drop me off at the airport at 5am. I will get to Orlando by 10am, pick up my bags, and then get my rental from Alamo (I’m hoping to upgrade to a convertible if it isn’t too expensive at the time). I am planning to stop off at Winn Dixie to pick up water & snacks on the way to YC. I will check in & chill out until my facial at Mandara Spa in the Swan/Dolphin, have dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, and head over to the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010: I am planning to book an 8am breakfast at Cape May Café & then to head over to Universal/Islands of Adventure. I am going to go to wait until I find out on which days & at which park Halloween Horror nights will be before I decide which order to visit these two parks. I know I will definitely be going on the Simpsons Ride, Rip Ride and Rock it, the Mummy (all at Universal), the Hulk, Jurassic Park, Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls, and exploring anything the Harry Potter area has to offer (at Islands of Adventure). I will get dinner from a counter service location or from room service.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010: I plan to have breakfast at Boma, then go to Animal Kingdom. I KNOW I will go on Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari, all of the animal trails, Dinosaur, and Conservation Station. I got a new guide book (The Complete Walt Disney World 2010) that has a map of all of the Discovery Island Trails:
IMG_0163.jpg

I will definitely be exploring all of them. If I can (this will be a first for me) I am going to get an early dinner at Boma, too. I plan to get to Epcot for the evening extra magic hours that night.

Thursday October 7, 2010: I am going to walk over to the Garden Grove for breakfast. I read a review that said it is the worst restaurant on property, but I won’t know if I don’t try it! After breakfast, I am going to continue walking right to DHS. I am going to get on TSM, Rock N Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, and go to American Idol. I am going to have dinner at California Grill, then go to MNSSHP. (I’m only assuming it will be on the nights that the park closes at 7pm)

Friday, October 8, 2010: I plan to sleep late, get breakfast at Kouzzina, & head over to Fort Wilderness to do some horseback riding. This will be a Disney first for me. I haven’t ridden since I was 14, either, so it should be interesting. I will go to Downtown Disney for the afternoon, then to Jiko for an early dinner. I am going to Animal Kingdom’s evening extra magic hours. They are only until 8pm, but I am looking forward to seeing the park at night.

Saturday, October 9, 2010: Dolphins in Depth will be first on my agenda. This means I have to be at Epcot by 8:30am or so. I plan to stay the day at Epcot. Magic Kingdom is open until 11pm, too, so I might finish out the day there.

Sunday, October 10, 2010: I plan on a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. The morning/afternoon are completely open, but MK has extra magic hours at night. I am going to cram in as much fun as I can before I leave early the next morning.

Monday, October 11, 2010: My flight leaves at 8:50am, so I have to leave the resort by 6:15am. My birthday is actually the 12th, so I miss it by a day. :rolleyes:

There will be a bunch of firsts for me on this trip.:yay: I will be able to book dining on next Tuesday. As of now, no one in my family has booked a trip during this time, but my stepmom wants to go at the beginning of October. My cousin was talking about bringing her daughter for Columbus Day weekend (she will be 10 & it would be her first trip), but she said she may buy a house instead. So it looks like I’m mostly on my own- which is not a bad thing!

I’ve also talked John into December 6-10 & it is in the works to book the Polynesian. John loves Christmas, so I think he would just love the decorations, the Christmas party, and the Candlelight Processional. :love:

Oh I would love it if hours came out tomorrow. Then I can make some real plans! What I really need is the schedule for things like Fantasmic and Spectromagic. I think I need to stop scheduling trips for the begining of months. I'm too antsy to wait for schedules.

I love the pic of Isis dressed up. Not looking happy at all!

I want to go to Fantasmic, but I'm not sure if I will get there. :confused3

Isis HATES to get dressed up, but she knows if she stays still & lets me take a photo, it will be over quickly, so she just stands there & let me take a quick photo. :laughing:

I somehow missed your post of Isis in the lobster costume. Poor baby! Just standing there looking all lobstery.:rotfl:

I know that you are happy that the October hours have finally been published. That makes planning your trip so much easier. I didn't remember that you were doing Dolphins in Depth. That sounds so cool!

You won't believe this but I saved an avocado pit this weekend so that I could plant it. Did you wit until it had dried out before planting it or did you plant it right away?

I somehow missed your post of Isis in the lobster costume. Poor baby! Just standing there looking all lobstery.:rotfl:

I know that you are happy that the October hours have finally been published. That makes planning your trip so much easier. I didn't remember that you were doing Dolphins in Depth. That sounds so cool!

You won't believe this but I saved an avocado pit this weekend so that I could plant it. Did you wit until it had dried out before planting it or did you plant it right away?

That is such a funny coincidence!!! I waited until the pit dried out before planting it. I was completely amazed that it actually grew!!!!!

I love the word "lobstery". :lmao: It made me LOL at my desk. People will be thinking I am crazy because I burst out laughing for what seems like no reason! :rotfl:

I'm so jealous that you will be in Disney soon. I am really looking forward to reading another TR from you, though!!! Did you see the map I found of the trails around the Tree of Life!?!?!? I WILL be visiting your hidden trails- finally!

:yay: for the October hours; now planning will be so much more exciting for you!
what fun planting and sprouting...I bet Ashton would get a kick out of that...I think I will stop at Lowe's or home depot to pick up a few things...

happy planning!
:wave2:

:yay: for the October hours; now planning will be so much more exciting for you!
what fun planting and sprouting...I bet Ashton would get a kick out of that...I think I will stop at Lowe's or home depot to pick up a few things...

happy planning!
:wave2:

Thanks! I am sure my itinerary will change a few times- especially when the Halloween party dates come out.

I got those peat pellets at Wal-Mart for only $6 per tray and I bought a ton of seeds. I can't believe I actually am growing stuff!! I don't know why the heck I am so amazed, but I really enjoyed planting all of that. I found a hobby! :thumbsup2

Looks like you have a good plan already. I'm still clueless. Fantasmic is killing me (yet again). It's only showing one day while I'm there, and that's on the day I was planning on doing MNSSHP. :headache: I'm hoping that they might add in another day before Oct.

Looks like you have a good plan already. I'm still clueless. Fantasmic is killing me (yet again). It's only showing one day while I'm there, and that's on the day I was planning on doing MNSSHP. :headache: I'm hoping that they might add in another day before Oct.

I know- it is only showing one day while I am there, too, and as of right now it doesn't fit into my schedule. :sad1:

:yay: On hours being out. Your plans look great :thumbsup2. You are a much braver woman than I. I don't think I could drive around in Orlando. I get nervous just riding in the car down there :rotfl:. We haven't been to US in so long. I save up my coke rewards and they offer tickets to US at times so I am hoping they will before we go and I may get tickets. If I do we will have to work a day in to go there.

:yay: On hours being out. Your plans look great :thumbsup2. You are a much braver woman than I. I don't think I could drive around in Orlando. I get nervous just riding in the car down there :rotfl:. We haven't been to US in so long. I save up my coke rewards and they offer tickets to US at times so I am hoping they will before we go and I may get tickets. If I do we will have to work a day in to go there.

Universal has a few new-ish things. Have you been on Revenge of the Mummy or seen Shrek 4-D yet? The Simpsons ride & that crazy Rip Ride Rock It coaster are fun. I also like Men in Black. I like a few rides at IOA, too. I keep trying to figure out a way to get down there for this May, but it isn't possible. Maybe next year. :sad1:
Driving isn't too bad in Orlando- but that is only because I only have to go up I-4 for a few miles to get to the Universal exit. :rotfl: The only other off-property place I go is the Winn Dixie right near WDW.

I can’t believe that my plants are actually growing! I can’t plant them outside until the end of May, so let’s hope I can keep them alive until then.
IMG_3522.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3523.jpg

The basil is a little pathetic:
IMG_3524.jpg

The peas are growing well:
IMG_3525.jpg

The radishes & scallions are going to take over the planet!!!!:rotfl:
IMG_3526.jpg

More waiting here- I can’t book dining or the spa until Tuesday. I figured today I would share my senile cat meowing. He is 21 and this isn’t even close to as loud as he gets. He does this ALL DAY.

Besides growing veggies & my crazy cat, that’s all I’ve got going on until I have news about booking dining, Mandara Spa, Dolphins in Depth, & horseback riding. I will definitely include a mini-TR of New York after I go.

Oh! There is one more thing…my bank cancelled my debit card WITHOUT warning me first. I tried to use it at Walmart & felt like a TOTAL moron when the card was denied. I called the bank & they told me that they cancelled my card because of a “fraudulent charge”. :scared1: I guess they had thousands of complaints from people about some bogus company trying to charge $7.50 or something on a bunch of people’s cards. Someone hacked into some company’s database & stole card numbers. Now I have to wait until I get another debit card. Thank goodness I could write my mom a check to cash for me! There aren’t any bank branches near where I work & I leave the house before my bank opens & get home after it closes! :sad2:

I'm going to end this PTR & start a new one without the poll at the top of the page. I'll post a link as soon as I do & I will re-post my previous posts as best I can.
Ok- the new link is: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2434297
I'm changing it in my signature, too. Sorry about this, everyone! I lost all the good chatter- that is the downside. I'm hoping we will have more, though!

Can the moderators please close this thread?? Thanks!

I hope everyone finds their way over to the new PTR. :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter