For all of you worried that Happily Ever After won't be a good replacement for Wishes

It was so nice to see such wide representation of characters! DD loved seeing the stained glass images :).

Loved the finale with the choir. The main song is very catchy, but sounded better with the choir

Overall, it seemed a little jumpy and scattered
A lot of it seemed to come straight from Once Upon a Time?
I can see how this show will be very adaptable with different movies as they come out

Overall though, I really missed Jiminy Cricket :(

Loved the finale with the choir. The main song is very catchy, but sounded better with the choir

Overall, it seemed a little jumpy and scattered
A lot of it seemed to come straight from Once Upon a Time?
I can see how this show will be very adaptable with different movies as they come out

Overall though, I really missed Jiminy Cricket :(
Jiminy missing, or some kind of narration is my only complaint. Otherwise BRAVO

I watched online. I cried at the beginning because, well, starring at the castle does that to you. Then the show began, no tink flying (but I was told she'd be there). The fireworks were cool but I kept waiting for that Disney Swell where your doing everything you can to hold back tears and it wasn't happening. Finally Tink flew out and I was happy but I wasn't Disney Happy.

From what I gathered on screen the fireworks were awesome but that hair raising experience just isn't there like when I watch Videos of wishes (well I'll be, oh oh, It's the blue fairy!).

Now it could bececause I have seen wishes in person before that the video of it makes me misty and I haven't seen Happily in person yet (October 3) maybe that's why I don't get the chills.

I'm sure it will be better in person. Hopefully the dis has a better version up soon as I hate all the different cuts and angles on the livestream (I don't get to move around in person so show me one angle on the live stream)

Anyways, here's to hoping for that Disney Swell come October

There was a narrator...the dude who sounded like Jeremy Irons.
I don't know why everyone is talking negatively towards the new show. Happily Ever After is PHENOMENAL. You could hear clapping in the audience during audio breaks !!! I had chills during the finale. And the fireworks, THE FIREWORKS. THEY HAD TONS AND TONS of them. Wish the live stream would've showed more fireworks instead of changing camera views every 5 seconds. I really enjoyed the new show, and yes I will say it, it is SO much better than Wishes.

Last edited:
To be fair, a sign of a weak/lazy show is requiring a narrator to explain or spoonfeed the story. The visuals should be able to stand on their own. This show was visually stunning. I got the message...find your happily ever after.
Right?! It's RIGHT on the title!

Never thought I would say this, but liked it better than "Wishes" --- like a previous OP said, some of the forgotten Disney movies --- loved seeing/hearing "Go the Distance" and "Hunchback" and the "Villains" scene reminded me a bit of F! , which is always a good thing !!

"Go the Distance" score was actually in Wishes, and I'm THRILLED they added it again!

I've cried so much tonight, and we were just there a few weeks ago. Disney was so much a part of my childhood, I can't put it into words. I thought it was beautiful and incorporated so many of my memories. <3

I don't know why everyone is talking negatively towards the new show. Happily Ever After is PHENOMENAL. You could hear clapping in the audience during audio breaks !!! I had chills during the finale. And the fireworks, THE FIREWORKS. THEY HAD TONS AND TONS of them. Wish the live stream would've showed more about the fireworks instead of changing camera views every 5 seconds. I really enjoyed the new show, and yes I will say it, it is SO much better than Wishes.
I don't think anyone is being overly negative here. You have a bunch of Disney nerds that are evaluating the show much as a movie critic might. No judgement just opinion

To be fair, a sign of a weak/lazy show is requiring a narrator to explain or spoonfeed the story. The visuals should be able to stand on their own. This show was visually stunning. I got the message...find your happily ever after.
Not going to disagree. My point was more that it was apparent in its absence not necessarily that it was needed.

I'm iffy on it. These are my thoughts.

-I love the Happily Ever After song but wish there was a more cohesive score throughout. It felt disjointed to me.

-the finale is beautiful. Perfectly Disney.

-I generally am not a fan of projection mapping because to me there is nothing more beautiful than fireworks over the classic castle. I think it's cool it just doesn't do much for me. I was disappointed when it was first announced that it was projection based.

I am holding off on making my final judgment until I see it in September. I surprisingly felt a little underwhelmed watching it. Was not expecting that. Didn't hate it but didn't love it (at least, not yet.)

Over the years I've made so many wishes at Wishes that came true. A part of me is still hanging on to that. I'm hoping Happily Ever After truly wins me over when I see it live!

I watched online. I cried at the beginning because, well, starring at the castle does that to you. Then the show began, no tink flying (but I was told she'd be there). The fireworks were cool but I kept waiting for that Disney Swell where your doing everything you can to hold back tears and it wasn't happening. Finally Tink flew out and I was happy but I wasn't Disney Happy.

From what I gathered on screen the fireworks were awesome but that hair raising experience just isn't there like when I watch Videos of wishes (well I'll be, oh oh, It's the blue fairy!).

Now it could bececause I have seen wishes in person before that the video of it makes me misty and I haven't seen Happily in person yet (October 3) maybe that's why I don't get the chills.

I'm sure it will be better in person. Hopefully the dis has a better version up soon as I hate all the different cuts and angles on the livestream (I don't get to move around in person so show me one angle on the live stream)

Anyways, here's to hoping for that Disney Swell come October
Tink did fly. Close to the end when the song mentioned flying. I was there, the show is overwhelming to take in. Maybe the video feed didn't catch Tink very well.

I was at MK for the final Wishes,really wanted to go see Happily Ever After tonight but I worked pretty late,had a lot to do afterwards and really didn't want to deal with the crowds again.Just saw HEA online on YouTube(not the live feed)and I was pretty impressed,and I'm expecting to like it better tomorrow when I plan to go see it live.It looked like there were a couple of slow moments and not all the music they played are my favorites but others like "go the distance" are great, I can't wait to see it live to get a true gauge on it but overall I can't find much to complain about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter