For All Who Come to this Happy Place: My 1st Trip to DL for the POTC World Premiere!

I'm loving your report!:thumbsup2 Its so interesting to read your observations and reactions to Disneyland, since you are a WDW vet.
Its funny, out of the gazillion times I've been to Disneyland, I have never seen the Aladdin show in Adventureland! I'll put that on my list for my next trip.
Looking forward to more!:banana:

I jumped on over to this thread as soon as I saw it from the DCL trippie. Wahoo! Your a Disneyland newbie.

I have only been to WDW once (when I got engaged), but I have been to Disneyland several times. I actually have been inside the control room for the Indiana Jones ride. That was a really magical day for the sixteen-year-old me. I really love that ride.

I can totally relate to your Splash Mountian surprise, only I had the opposite experience. Going to WDW in December, we completely avoided Splash Mountain the whole time because we thought it was too cold. We really were used to the Disneyland Splash Mountain where you get practically drenched each time you ride it. Finally we did the WDW Splash Mountain on our last Magic Kingdom night. Once we finally ventured onto it and figured out that you only got splashed a little, we went on it 5 times in a row. Plus, it's a great vantage point to see the castle lit up at night (even if it is only for an instant).

I can't wait to hear (read) about your adventure on the Matterhorn. Plus, being there for the POTC: At Worlds End premier must have been a truly fantastic experience. I love seeing movies with the "right" kind of audience. Seeing Pirates with a Disneyland audience of POTC fans sounds perfect.

Yeah another trippey for you. I'm excited to hear all about your likings and dislikings between WDW and DL.

:cool1:

Hi all! :welcome: I'm so glad you have joined my new Trippie and are enjoying my first Disneyland experience with me! :goodvibes

Sleeping Beauty's Castle

DH & I were shocked by the size of Disneyland's Castle. When you walk into the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, you are in awe by seeing Cinderella's Castle at the end of Main Street, but I find Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be a bit of a disappointment. I still, of course, have much appreciation for the Disneyland's Castle, but it is a shock to see for the first time when you are use to the large size of Cinderella's Castle.

n25002324_32248570_803.jpg

n25002324_32248571_1058.jpg

The walkway of Sleeping Beauty's Castle is pretty small and narrow. The castle feels more like a miniature castle, than a "real castle."

n25002324_32248573_1593.jpg

n25002324_32248574_1854.jpg

You can't go in the castle like you can in Walt Disney World. There is a small little crystal shop in the castle, but it is very tiny. Only about 4 people could fit inside there to shop comfortably.

n25002324_32248575_2126.jpg

There are a few pictures depicting the story of "Sleeping Beauty" on the walls as you make your way through the castle.

n25002324_32248576_2385.jpg

n25002324_32248577_2673.jpg

The area around the castle is quite small too and you can't walk around the outside of the castle, like you can at Walt Disney World. There is a small "Sleeping Beauty" statue behind the castle and I do mean, very small! It's kind of in the area where the Cinderella fountain is behind Cinderella's Castle.

n25002324_32248578_2947.jpg

I really think there needs to be a little more decoration and dedication to Princess Aurora with the castle and I guess when Disneyland's Castle was built there was a low height requirement for any building...very low.

n25002324_32248579_3220.jpg

Next...
Fantasyland!!!

I have to say, as much as I absolutely LOVE the color scheme of Sleeping Beauty's Castle and its gorgeous gold scrollwork, in regards to grandeur and sheer magnificence, Cinderella's Castle is the clear winner. :wizard:

Thanks Lindsey for sharing all of your trips with us! I am very excited to read all about the POTC At Worlds End premiere. :banana:

Yay!! I'm really enjoying seeing Disneyland. It's something I've always wanted to go do for the same reason as you. I know it's considered to be a 'lesser' park to WDW, but it was Walt's, he had a hand in it, he created it, that to me is cool :thumbsup2 Now I just have to get on a plane :scared:

I hope you finish this trippie before we leave for our wedding next Monday because I want to see how it turns out ;) I also need to PM you because I wanted to arrange something special for my DF to be delivered to our room, but I'm stumped as to what I could do. :confused3

Fantasyland

Disneyland's Fantasyland is in a much smaller area, but I absolutely love the feel of it! The outsides of the rides were done with great detail and were much more elaborate than the rides in Walt Disney World. I was much more impressed with the entire look of Disneyland's Fantasyland.

n25002324_32248585_4787.jpg

There are a lot of rides in Disneyland that are not in Walt Disney World like Pinocchio's Daring Journey! I was so excited to go on all the rides I have never been on!

n25002324_32248580_3477.jpg

n25002324_32248581_3748.jpg

Pinocchio's Daring Journey was just as strange and weird as the movie! They even had the line, "You'll turn into a *******!" I must say, I really enjoyed this ride!

n25002324_32248582_4005.jpg

n25002324_32248584_4531.jpg

I couldn't wait to go on the original Snow White's Scary Adventures, which was deemed to scary for children when it first came out. The entrance to the ride and the outside of it were pretty creepy. There were a lot of great scary details!

n25002324_32255127_1245.jpg

The ride was setup like you were walking into a scary castle dungeon and there was even a book you could touch and you'd hear the voice of the Evil Queen! The Evil Queen was also watching and looking down on you from her window above the ride. It was such a neat effect and she actually pulled back the curtains.

n25002324_32255129_1781.jpg

They also have King Arthur Carrousel and they still have the show with Merlin outside the carrousel with the Sword in the Stone that they recently got rid of at Walt Disney World.

n25002324_32255130_2041.jpg

One of my top "must-sees" on our trip to Disneyland was to go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! I loved it at Walt Disney World and was so upset when they got rid of it. It was always one of my favorites and it was so important for me to go on it! Well, of course, it was closed on our first day at Disneyland! I knew we would just have to make an extra trip over to Disneyland on our last day because there was no way I was leaving without going on this ride!

n25002324_32255136_3690.jpg

n25002324_32255133_2840.jpg

n25002324_32255134_3112.jpg

By this point, Disneyland had gotten really crowded and Fantasyland was mobbed! Of course, there isn't as much walking room in Disneyland, so it gets crammed pretty quickly. Not only does Disneyland have Dumbo the Flying Elephant, it also has the Casey Jr. Circus Train from "Dumbo!"

n25002324_32255138_4201.jpg

n25002324_32255139_4455.jpg

It was the cutest ride and you could actually sit in the lion or monkey cages! It looked like a lot of fun and you could also get some great views of Fantasyland!

n25002324_32255141_4970.jpg

n25002324_32255143_5507.jpg

I just loved this little ride and they even had the song playing while you were in the train! I have always loved that song! :yay:

Casey Junior's comin' down the track
Comin' down the track
With a smokey stack

Hear him puffin' comin' 'round the hill
Casey's here to thrill
Every Jack and Jill

Every time his funny little whistle sounds
Everybody hurries to the Circus grounds

Time for lemonade and crackerjacks
Casey Junior's back
Casey Junior's back

n25002324_32255145_6022.jpg

We then got in line to go on the Storybook Boats, which looked like another fun ride! While we were in line, we got a special visit from some Disney friends!

n25002324_32255146_6286.jpg

n25002324_32255147_6556.jpg

n25002324_32255148_6828.jpg

The Storybook Boats are quite fun and you actually get to see where all the Princesses live, well it is a scaled down version, but you get the idea! ;)

n25002324_32255149_7097.jpg

n25002324_32255150_7362.jpg

n25002324_32255151_7641.jpg

n25002324_32255154_8457.jpg

Continued...

We have always thought Casey Jr was fun...especially sitting in the cages. DL Fantasyland is much better IMHO than WDW. I was surprised at WDW's lack of outdoor ride theming too....but realized it has a lot to do with weather and lines being inside. ;)

I can't wait to hear what you think of the Matterhorn.

Did you eat at Blue Bayou?

just a tidbit....have you heard of Club 33? We actually got the chance to eat there. very cool. :wizard: princess:

i'm loving the report, but have one question, what kind of camera do you have?? I can NEVER get clear pics in pirates.

Aw, I love Fantasyland too!:cloud9:
Looks like you guys had a great first day at Disneyland. Its so true about the crowds though, the walkways get jammed up pretty quickly.
Love the pictures by the way. :thumbsup2

I'm loving it !!! I just found out yesterday that there is a big possibility that we are going to be stationed in California when we leave here. SOOOOO Disneyland AP's are a possibility in our future.

You're pictures are definitely getting me excited. The castle would be something I would have to used to as well, BUT, I don't think it would take much ;)

Thanks for the wonderful updates and I look forward to more!! Now I have to go work on my trippie, LOL.

Wow Thanks Lindsey... Now I have to plan a trip to Cali!!! My son is going to enjoy this one.. hehehehe but I think well have to take a miss on your wonderful accomodations...I can't wait to hear more!! :hippie:

Loving it so far! Thanks for such a detailed description of DL. And great photos too! :thumbsup2 I've been to WDW tons of times, but only once to DL, when I was much younger. I really want to go back someday. Anyway, great trippie! And sorry about the roach motel, yuck!

Can't wait to hear about the premere!

Oh, I know what you mean about the castle. It is a bit of a disappointment. We were like "whaaaaaaaaaaaat?" when we first saw it. :laughing: It was still a beautiful park, but its not WDW. When we were there someone told us that the drawbridge is actually functional. Small or not, you can trap me in a castle any day! ;) Lovin' the pics! :thumbsup2 I also know what you mean about the dark hair. I tried it before...it was bad. :rotfl: It takes some adjusting to. Light or dark your hair still looks great! :)

Great Trippie Lindsey!! I really liked Indiana Jones also and think they should bring that to WDW. The original Pirates is really cool also. Unfortunatly I wasn't able to go on the HM my first trip there b/c it was still closed from taking down the Christmas Decorations...oh well I guess I will just have to go again to ride it.

Can't wait to read more about the trip and all about the Premiere!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter