For All Who Come to this Happy Place: My 1st Trip to DL for the POTC World Premiere!

Lindsey,
I found your trip report tonight and read the entire thing in one sitting!!! I really enjoyed it. We were in DL 5 years ago and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. I really like it there but I would also like to go back and try the Californian. I was kind of shocked too when I saw the castle, much smaller than I had anticipated but there was still something very special just knowing that Walt Disney had actually been there and stood in that very place looking at that very castle!!:love: We ate at Blue Bayou too and I loved the atmosphere. Thank you for bringing back so many wonderful memories for me.

We'll be back at YC in October. This will be my first trip during Halloween and Food & Wine.

Nettie

Lindsey,

Thank you so much for you great trip report! Your pictures and great writing have helped me convince my DH to plan a trip to DL. Next I'm going to make him read your cruise trip report so that we can book on of those too.

Thanks again :hug:

You are so welcome! I am so glad you are going to make it to Disneyland! You will love it! :wizard: I hope my DCL Trippie works too and you can go on a cruise! ;)

Your TR is the ideal way to write one!!! Way to go! Thanks so much for all of the fun reading I got to enjoy. I can't wait to hear all about your next trip!!

Awwww...thanks so much! :goodvibes I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :)

Lindsey,
I found your trip report tonight and read the entire thing in one sitting!!! I really enjoyed it. We were in DL 5 years ago and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. I really like it there but I would also like to go back and try the Californian. I was kind of shocked too when I saw the castle, much smaller than I had anticipated but there was still something very special just knowing that Walt Disney had actually been there and stood in that very place looking at that very castle!!:love: We ate at Blue Bayou too and I loved the atmosphere. Thank you for bringing back so many wonderful memories for me.

We'll be back at YC in October. This will be my first trip during Halloween and Food & Wine.

Nettie

I'm so glad you enjoyed my Trippie! Wow! You read it all in one night! :eek: That's my whole feeling about DL too! It just makes it so much more special and magical knowing Walt was actually there and had his hands in everything! :goodvibes

You will love Halloween at WDW! It's a blast! It is my favorite holiday, so I just love all the decorations. This will be my first year for the Food & Wine Festival too and I can't wait! I've heard so many wonderful things about it! :banana:

Hi Lindsey!!!!!!!!!
I know i am very late to your trippie but its been crazy planning for our disney wedding in 16days!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: time sure does fly!!! Anyway, i am sooo happy you got to meet Johnny!!!!! I got butterflies in my stomach watching the video i cant imagine how you must have felt!!!!!!!! i would be the same way if i met John Stamos!!!! I have been in love with him since i was 8yrs old!!! he was my first love:rotfl: It def made your stay at that miserable hotel worth it;) Congrats on the new kitty he is just so adorable!! and i must say i never cared about visiting disneyland because i always thought it was a much smaller version of disneyworld so i figured what was the point esp since florida is only a 2hr flight instead of a 6hr to CA!!! Now after reading your trip report i really would like to visit disneyland in the near future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: the fireworks were amazing, i def have to check out the blue bayou restaurant, and want to ride Mr toads wild ride because i miss it sooo much!!!!!!!!!! i feel like planning a trip now!!!!! of course DF might kill me since we leave on the 27th for 17nights at disney!!!!!!!!!:rotfl: i really enjoyed this trippie!!! i am def putting disneyland on the top of my list for future trips:thumbsup2 !!! Im so glad there are more trippies on the way~~~~i cant wait to hear about your anniversary weekend at the contemporary and about the pirate and princess party!!!!!!!! Hope all is going well!!!! i am def not looking forward to the weather in a couple of weeks!!!!!! it seems like just yesterday i was looking at your wedding and honeymoon pics and now mine is in a couple weeks!!! I remember your wedding pics and honeymoon pics were one of the first things i read on the Dis when i became a member last year:goodvibes maybe i will get to meet you again during this next trip to disney!!!:goodvibes take care!!!

I'm late here, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm loving your trippie! I'm in the beginning stages of planning a DL trip, so I'm reading lots of Disneyland TRs to prepare myself! Yours is fabulous, I've been reading all morning trying to get caught up! I'm excited for you that you got to go to the premier, I'm a JD admirer myself!

Yes, it is true that Disneyland rushed him though and we were all mad and so was he. Johnny actually cancelled doing some of the red carpet interviews, so he could spend more time with the fans. When he did stop to sign a few autographs, they would pull him away. I know many people complained to Disneyland, especially considering how long we were all out there and waiting. I know Johnny did the best he could and walked the red carpet as slowly as possible, so everyone could see him and get a picture. He was super sweet and I don't blame him at all. Disneyland didn't have their stuff together and I still can't believe that after 3 premieres! :confused3 :confused:

There are some ladies from another board that I frequent that also went to the premier. They were lucky enough to be at the front of the red carpet and got to meet and get autographs from both Johnny and Orlando :faint: One of the girls even set up a conference call so that we could hear what was going on and Johnny said 'hello ladies' into the phone! Unfortunately, I didn't hear it because I had company over and didn't get on the call :headache:

Anyway, that is very exciting that you were able to be so close, I would have been on :cloud9:

Now, I'm back to read more of your trippie - I think I'm on like page 12 - I've got a long ways to go! ;)

Ok - I'm all done! I can't believe I sat here and read your entire report this morning! I'm even more excited to go to DL now, I got goosebumps watching your fireworks video. I can't wait!! Only a whole year to go........ :sad2:

Thanks so much for sharing your trip, I think I'm going to have to go read your cruise TR now!

Ok - I'm all done! I can't believe I sat here and read your entire report this morning! I'm even more excited to go to DL now, I got goosebumps watching your fireworks video. I can't wait!! Only a whole year to go........ :sad2:

Thanks so much for sharing your trip, I think I'm going to have to go read your cruise TR now!

I am do glad you found my Trippie and enjoyed it! :banana: I know it must have taken you a long time to read! :goodvibes That is so lucky for those ladies at the front! We were there too, but it all depended on what side you decided to enter. We entered on the left and we got screwed because all the lights were blocking that entire side of Man Street. It was not the smartest or the best set-up, but oh well. :rolleyes: It was still the most amazing expereince of my life and I'd do it all over again!!! :love:

You write some of the best reports. I enjoyed your pictures.

I just read through your whole TR! I just loved it and the pics were great. I'm a huge Pirates fan too! pirate: You were soooooooo lucky to meet Johnny and I can't believe you were so close to Orlando Bloom....my favorite. :love:

Also, thanks for the videos. I loved the parade and fireworks. :thumbsup2

just read your tr report and it took me 2 days to do so. my mil called me yesterdays at work, and i said i've got to let you go, johnny depp is about to come down the red carpet!!!:rotfl: you have me so excited about our 1st DL trip in June. the last time i've been there is when i was 5 and now we are taking our 7yr dd. of course, i'm a bit pirates fan too and orlando and johnny are favorites too. SO HOT!!!
i enjoyed how you compared wdw and dl. i believe our views will be the same. i don't like how some people are negative about dl. i'm a huge wdw fan so i can wait to experience the disney magic at the original park. i needed some dining advice so i believe we will do goofy's kitchen cause i want to tour the hotels. loved your report and i can't wait for our trip!!
mousiemom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter