For All Who Come to this Happy Place: My 1st Trip to DL for the POTC World Premiere!

Your trip is over:sad1: I really enjoyed hearing about your trip and I just loved your celebrity pictures. I don't know if I would have had the patience to wait all day for them though. It sounds like you had a wonderful first trip to Disneyland!

Hi everyone! :banana:

I hope you are all doing well! I am very sorry for the lack of updates to my Trippie. It's been a stressful week. My kitty, Jax, got really sick, so I was an emotional wreck. Jax had a bad reaction to one of the vaccines he was given, so he got really sick. I got him to the Vet as quickly as I could and he had to be given fluids, a shot, and now he's on an antibiotic we're giving him twice a day. He's doing great now and is getting back to his sweet and playful self. He gave me quite a scare and I'm glad he is getting better! :cat:

My parents are actually coming for a visit this week, which is going to be so much fun! I plan on taking them over for a day at Epcot and my Mom and I are going to the Pirate and Princess Party! We can't wait! pirate:

Now, I can finally get back to completing my Trip Report! :thumbsup2

Hey Lindsey, I am so sorry to hear that little Jax was so sick, I know that it is really emotional on you. Jake has been sick quite a few times and has had surgeries and I know that my heart just breaks. I am so thankful that Jax is feeling better and I pray he continues to get better. Poor little guy!!!!:goodvibes

I really loved your DL trip report, Lindsey! It made me feel like I was experiencing it for the first time with you. Can't wait for your next TR!! :banana:

Also, I'm so relieved to hear Jax is recovering well. :goodvibes

Hello there! pirate: I'm glad you found my Trip Report! I still have a little bit left to write. :goodvibes That's so great that you were there too! How long did you wait and when did you arrive to Disneyland? It sounds like you were seated right near us! We were in front of the Castle at the end of Main Street. I'm glad you had a great time too! I know it was worth it! :goodvibes

My mom and her friend got in line at 3:20 that morning and then my mom's friend's 10 year old daughter and I ran over (literally!) at 6:00. Finding a spot on Main St. was a little crazy. At one point we had 3 different spots - two in different sets of bleachers and one where we ended up sitting. We decided not to sit in the bleachers (because we couldn't get autographs if we sat there) even though one of our bleacher spots was at the very beginning of the red carpet. Overall, we waited about 18 hours from beginning to end.

Thanks! :) Have a blast on your upcoming trip! :banana:

I love the title of your TR! I just love Chip and Dale! I've had them try to steal me away many times! I guess they love to try and steal all the women! :rotfl2:

Thanks, I am not sure what to do this year when I am around them, I think I will keep the video camera rolling the whole time that way I can have evidence for the courts if they run away with her and dont bring her back.

Can you PM me and let me know what you do at Disney again, I thought it was something with gift baskets, that might be something I would want to do for DW, for the upcoming trip.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks so much for sharing! I have been reading your trip report off and on for the past week and a half. I'm glad I was a little late in the game when I started reading it, so there weren't any cliff-hangers lol! I coudn't have waited for your next entry!

I'm going to try to do my trip report like yours when we get back (I love how you did the pictures throughout the report.) I really like Jax's little meal set-up. How adorable!

The last post you made reminded me of my last day in Disney last year. We got "kicked out" too, and I wound up stopping at that theatre on the way out of the park. I was thrilled it was open, so we were able to prolong our day a little longer. We also went to get souvenirs after the show. I LOVED that show. Wasn't it cool to watch the first couple days Disney was open? Amazing.

Awww . . . It's over! But at least it had a happy ending: ending up going home to a CLEAN BED!

So cool that you got to ride Mr.Toad's Wild Ride. I'm glad I got to ride it a few times - but I dont remember any details. I DO remember If You Had Wings! I thought that was really cool.

Well, it's been fun! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Hopefully one day, I'll get to visit DisneyLand too! :wave:

Hey Lindsey, I am so sorry to hear that little Jax was so sick, I know that it is really emotional on you. Jake has been sick quite a few times and has had surgeries and I know that my heart just breaks. I am so thankful that Jax is feeling better and I pray he continues to get better. Poor little guy!!!!:goodvibes

Awwww...thank you so much! :goodvibes I am so glad Jax is doing much better. It's awful to see little animals in pain. :sad1:

I really loved your DL trip report, Lindsey! It made me feel like I was experiencing it for the first time with you. Can't wait for your next TR!! :banana:

Also, I'm so relieved to hear Jax is recovering well. :goodvibes

Thanks so much! I just gotta say that I love the picture in your siggy! Too funny! :)

My mom and her friend got in line at 3:20 that morning and then my mom's friend's 10 year old daughter and I ran over (literally!) at 6:00. Finding a spot on Main St. was a little crazy. At one point we had 3 different spots - two in different sets of bleachers and one where we ended up sitting. We decided not to sit in the bleachers (because we couldn't get autographs if we sat there) even though one of our bleacher spots was at the very beginning of the red carpet. Overall, we waited about 18 hours from beginning to end.

The bleachers were available on Main Street too when we came in, but we also decided to try to get on the street because that's where you actually get the autographs and interact with everyone. We got pushed a little further down because it was such a made dash to find a spot, but I think we did pretty good...considering...;)

Thanks, I am not sure what to do this year when I am around them, I think I will keep the video camera rolling the whole time that way I can have evidence for the courts if they run away with her and dont bring her back.

Can you PM me and let me know what you do at Disney again, I thought it was something with gift baskets, that might be something I would want to do for DW, for the upcoming trip.

Thanks in advance.

:rotfl2: That sounds like a plan!

Yeah, you can send me a PM before your upcoming trip and I can hook you up with some Magic! :wizard:

Thanks so much for sharing! I have been reading your trip report off and on for the past week and a half. I'm glad I was a little late in the game when I started reading it, so there weren't any cliff-hangers lol! I coudn't have waited for your next entry!

I'm going to try to do my trip report like yours when we get back (I love how you did the pictures throughout the report.) I really like Jax's little meal set-up. How adorable!

The last post you made reminded me of my last day in Disney last year. We got "kicked out" too, and I wound up stopping at that theatre on the way out of the park. I was thrilled it was open, so we were able to prolong our day a little longer. We also went to get souvenirs after the show. I LOVED that show. Wasn't it cool to watch the first couple days Disney was open? Amazing.

Oh, I just love the show! popcorn:: It gives me chills! It's always the music that does it for me! :goodvibes I'm so glad you enjoyed my TR! I love posting a lot of pics! I take so many, so I must share them! :)

Awww . . . It's over! But at least it had a happy ending: ending up going home to a CLEAN BED!

So cool that you got to ride Mr.Toad's Wild Ride. I'm glad I got to ride it a few times - but I dont remember any details. I DO remember If You Had Wings! I thought that was really cool.

Well, it's been fun! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Hopefully one day, I'll get to visit DisneyLand too! :wave:

I know I rode If You Had Wings when I was much younger, but I don't remember it at all! :eek: I've looked at so many of the pictures of it and it just doesn't register with me at all! If only I could remember!

I forgot to add in at the end of the TR that DH and I were sick the next two weeks with sinus infections from the motel! :scared1: :sick: I kinda blocked that out! :rotfl2:

Another great TR! :thumbsup2 So sad to see its over. But knowing you, there will me more great ones to come! :)

Oh, but of course!!! ;) :banana:

well just got done reading the rest of your TR, and i am so sad it's over! but i have a feeling there will be more than 1 new TR,looking forward to them!!!

anyway, Gofey's kitchen looks fun, that will be must when we go!

the fireworks were just awsome, i just loved the way they incorperated the rides with the fireworks, i just want to go to Disney NOW!!!!! and also Mr. Toad, oh man do i miss that ride!! well it sounds like you guys had a great time.

oh, i almost forgot i'm sorry that Jax got so sick, but i am glad he's better now!!

well have fun with your parents at the Pitates and Princess party! i'll be checking for your new TR!!

~sue

I forgot to add in at the end of the TR that DH and I were sick the next two weeks with sinus infections from the motel! :scared1: :sick: I kinda blocked that out! :rotfl2:
OH MY GOSH!!! I am sooooo sorry! I usually get sick when I get back from Disney - even though I take my vitamins, wash my hands, and use hand sanitizer. This year I'm going to use Airborne, and force myself to get more rest! OH! And I'm going to take something to wipe down the doorknobs and such in the room!

Great report! Thanks so much for sharing it with everyone. I love reading about people's first Disneyland experiences!:banana:
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip. Sorry to hear about Jax but I am glad he is doing better.
I'll be looking for your next trip report!!

Hi Lindsey,
I am sorry I haven't posted in a while. My kids started school last week and I have been tired and sleepy ever since...I HATE early mornings! Anyway, I have been reading even though I haven't been posting.;)

I really, really enjoyed your TR. It was fun to read about someone loving JD as much as I do:love: . Haha BTW, have you read/heard that his production company purchased the rights to make Dark Shadows. You are probably too young to remember it but it was a soap opera type show with vampires, werewolves, mummys and such. It came on here in the afternoons...after school. I remember rushing off the school bus, inside the house to watch it. Johnny will be awesome as Barnabas Collins, the vampire.:thumbsup2 He will make a terrific vampire, don't cha think?!::yes:: . It will be great!:cheer2:

You have certainly helped enforce my desire to go to DL. I keep talking it up to my DH & kids. So, hopefully in the next year or two we will make it.:thumbsup2 Do you have any great sources for researching DL and/or other CA attractions?

Congratulations on your new addition! Your kitty is so cute. I must confess though, I am a dog person. However, I have never owned a cat but I do have a lot of allergy issues.:sad2: We do have a dog..a white cockapoo (hypo allergenic - low shedding). My kids named him...Mickey. He is a strange, crazy, cute dog that has habits like a cat. :confused:
I am sorry that your baby has been sick. I do hope he is feeling all better now.:goodvibes

I will be looking forward to your P&P TR. That looks like a ton of fun! My DD and I are coming for 3 days during FD (9/13-16) and then we will all be down 10/21 -10/28 (celebrating our 20th anniv.)...I am so excited. Maybe we will see you.....

I am certainly looking forward to cooler temps....I pray it is cool in Oct. Is it terrible now in FL? As you can see, I live outside of Atl and it is unbelievable here...107 & 110 degrees (heat index):eek: . You really can't hardly stand to be outside. My DD has not been outside on her school playground yet due to the air quality and temps.:sad2:

Well, thanks so much for sharing your trip with us and for posting all of the pictures. They were wonderful. I am looking forward to your next adventure.

Take care..
TTFN
Darlene:wave2:

Lindsey,

Thank you so much for you great trip report! Your pictures and great writing have helped me convince my DH to plan a trip to DL. Next I'm going to make him read your cruise trip report so that we can book on of those too.

Thanks again :hug:

Your TR is the ideal way to write one!!! Way to go! Thanks so much for all of the fun reading I got to enjoy. I can't wait to hear all about your next trip!!

Great report! Thanks so much for sharing it with everyone. I love reading about people's first Disneyland experiences!:banana:
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip. Sorry to hear about Jax but I am glad he is doing better.
I'll be looking for your next trip report!!

Thank you and I am so glad you liked reading about my first DL experience! :banana:

Hi Lindsey,
I am sorry I haven't posted in a while. My kids started school last week and I have been tired and sleepy ever since...I HATE early mornings! Anyway, I have been reading even though I haven't been posting.;)

I really, really enjoyed your TR. It was fun to read about someone loving JD as much as I do:love: . Haha BTW, have you read/heard that his production company purchased the rights to make Dark Shadows. You are probably too young to remember it but it was a soap opera type show with vampires, werewolves, mummys and such. It came on here in the afternoons...after school. I remember rushing off the school bus, inside the house to watch it. Johnny will be awesome as Barnabas Collins, the vampire.:thumbsup2 He will make a terrific vampire, don't cha think?!::yes:: . It will be great!:cheer2:

You have certainly helped enforce my desire to go to DL. I keep talking it up to my DH & kids. So, hopefully in the next year or two we will make it.:thumbsup2 Do you have any great sources for researching DL and/or other CA attractions?

Congratulations on your new addition! Your kitty is so cute. I must confess though, I am a dog person. However, I have never owned a cat but I do have a lot of allergy issues.:sad2: We do have a dog..a white cockapoo (hypo allergenic - low shedding). My kids named him...Mickey. He is a strange, crazy, cute dog that has habits like a cat. :confused:
I am sorry that your baby has been sick. I do hope he is feeling all better now.:goodvibes

I will be looking forward to your P&P TR. That looks like a ton of fun! My DD and I are coming for 3 days during FD (9/13-16) and then we will all be down 10/21 -10/28 (celebrating our 20th anniv.)...I am so excited. Maybe we will see you.....

I am certainly looking forward to cooler temps....I pray it is cool in Oct. Is it terrible now in FL? As you can see, I live outside of Atl and it is unbelievable here...107 & 110 degrees (heat index):eek: . You really can't hardly stand to be outside. My DD has not been outside on her school playground yet due to the air quality and temps.:sad2:

Well, thanks so much for sharing your trip with us and for posting all of the pictures. They were wonderful. I am looking forward to your next adventure.

Take care..
TTFN
Darlene:wave2:

Hi Darlene!

I'm so glad you were able to take a break to come back and post. :) I know how stressful a beginning of a school year can be! I am not a morning person either! I cab handle reading The DIS, but typing is another story when I am really tired! :rotfl:

I actually just read about Johnny and Dark Shadows yesterday! It sounds fantastic! Johnny as a vampire!? Love it! :love: I don't remember the show at all and didn't even realize it was a show! Thanks for filling me in! :goodvibes

I'm sure your family would love Disneyland! It's a different experience from WDW, but that's what makes it worth the trip! There is so much there that isn't at WDW. I actually used The DIS to do a lot of research and Disneyland's website. For a first timer, I did a pretty good job planning and picking the great places to eat at! I know Blue Bayou is a must! :banana:

We love our little Jax! DH has cat allergies too and said he'd never want a cat. Now, he has fallen in love with Jax, so he makes it work. He's our baby and it's our job to spoil him! That's so cute that you have a dog names Mickey! How appropriate! :goodvibes

It has been very hot here in Florida, but not as hot as in NC and GA, which is really wierd! :confused: I still don't want to be in WDW in this weather! I went to Epcot with my parents this week and it was the first time I've been to one of the theme parks in awhile. I am reayd for all the kids to be back in school! ;) It was really crowded and the heat was unbearable. We stayed inside as long as possible and just did the easy rides. We enjoyed watcing the films in the countries. I can't believe how crowded it has been! :eek:

I am ready for September when the crowds will die down and maybe it will cool off a little. I know we came to visit last October and it was hotter than it was in August! Around that time, it changes every day and can be hot one day and cool the next. We've been having afternoon thunderstorms every day now, which are no fun.

Hopefully, the weather will be great when you come down! I can't wait for fall to get here! I'll be back at the theme parks every weekend! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter