For All Who Come to this Happy Place: My 1st Trip to DL for the POTC World Premiere!

Our Last Night
Disneyland

We finished our wonderful dinner and I was not ready to go, so we decided to spend the rest of the night back at Disneyland! I had to ride the original monorail. Since, the monorail takes you right into Tomorrowland, we had to have our bags checked and go through a turnstile with our tickets before we could ride the monorail.

The monorail in Disneyland is pretty pointless because we waited for 20 minutes for the monorail to arrive and we could have walked to Disneyland in 10 minutes. It was still something we just had to do!

n25002324_32314906_2308.jpg

n25002324_32314907_2605.jpg

The monorail in Disneyland is much smaller than the one in Walt Disney World. You cannot stand up in Disneyland's monorail and the windows can actually go down too. They are not manual though, so it was quite chilly in the monorail and it doesn't hold as many people because everyone needs to have a seat.

n25002324_32314908_2895.jpg

n25002324_32314909_3187.jpg

I'm glad we took the monorail ride, so we were able to get a nice birds-eye view of Disneyland! I just love Disneyland's Tomorrowland; it has a great retro-feel.

n25002324_32314911_3768.jpg

n25002324_32314912_4060.jpg

One of the main rids I wanted to go on is Disneyland's Space Mountain, which is now called Rockin' Space Mountain. We had to skip it on the first day because the line was over an hour long. Well, no luck this day either because the line was even longer! We had no choice, so we got in line. There was no way I was going home without riding this ride!

We waited about an hour and a half before we finally got to ride. The line is actually all wrapped around on the top floor, so you're outside and kinda overlooking Space Mountain.

The ride is totally different than Space Mountain in Walt Disney World. The cars are actually a lot like the ones in Rockin' Roller Coaster at Disney-MGM Studios and there are speakers right behind your head. You also sit two by two and not in front of one another.

n25002324_32314913_4351.jpg

n25002324_32314914_4638.jpg

The ride was actually just like Aerosmith's Rockin' Roller Coaster, except with a space theme! It was like they combined Rockin' Roller Coaster and Space Mountain and created Rockin' Space Mountain! It was a totally different experience!

Continued...

Great update! :thumbsup2 I agree that Space Mountain was pretty different at Disneyland, compared with WDW. My DH and I actually preferred Disneyland's version. It seemed to go faster and we liked sitting next to each other. :)

By the way...Jax is adorable!!!

Remember... Dreams Come True
Fireworks Spectacular

By the time we got off of Space Mountain, it was almost time for Disneyland's Remember... Dreams Come True Fireworks Spectacular! I was so excited to see the fireworks because I heard they were amazing and could not compare to WDW's fireworks. I also heard that Tinker Bell actually takes flight throughout the entire fireworks show and flys all around Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I had to see this! :eek:

It was getting pretty crowded around the Castle with everyone waiting for the Fireworks Spectacular, so we went to find a good spot. The bad thing about Disneyland's Castle being so much smaller is that at certain locations, you can't see the Castle because trees cover it. It's a bit difficult to get that perfect spot for the fireworks.

We took a seat in the middle of the street with everyone else because we had a good 30-minute wait. Then, an announcement came over the speakers saying that the fireworks may be cancelled because of the wind! :scared1: I was so upset! I couldn't come to Disneyland and not see the fireworks!

No one moved because we were all still hoping the show would go on! We had our fingers crossed! :) Also, as Disneyland because of where and how they have to shoot off the fireworks, many of the rides are all closed down. You actually can't even go to Fantasyland like an hour before the fireworks and for about 30 minutes after the show. There isn't much to do, but wait and watch the fireworks.

It was just before the fireworks were going to start and an announcement came over the speakers that the show would go on as planned! Everyone gave a round of applause and then all of Disneyland got dark!

Video: Remember... Dreams Come True Fireworks in Disneyland: Part 1

n25002324_32314915_4947.jpg

n25002324_32314916_5218.jpg

Video: Remember... Dreams Come True Fireworks in Disneyland: Part 2

n25002324_32314917_5505.jpg

I can't even describe how AMAZING the fireworks were!!! :scared1: The really is SPECTACULAR!!! The show goes through every ride at Disneyland with the fireworks going to the rides' theme music. The Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Tours parts were my favorite. I was literally jumping up and down with excitement throughout the entire show! :yay:

Fireworks shot off everywhere and even from the Matterhorn to Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I absolutely loved the way they made it look like there was actually sword fighting taking place on the Castle between pirates and the laser lights went off during the Star Tours part. It was incredible!

It is so neat to actually see Tinker Bell fly around the entire Castle and back and forth. She makes several appearances throughout the Fireworks Spectacular and I was just in awe! This by far was the most amazing fireworks I had ever seen!

Continued...

Aww Lindsey those fireworks are FANTASTIC! I held it in untill tink flew and Walt started talking. Now I'm baling and I have goosebumps! Isnt it amazing how Disney can do that to you?! Thank you for posting these pics and videos. Now I gotta go fix my make up. haha

Great report I love the pics from Goofys restaurant. Seeing the character pics is getting me pumped for my trip. Only 28 more days, we are under a month. YES. :cool1: :banana:

I think Chip and Dale have a thing for married women, they did some of that same stuff to my DW and as you can see by the title of my Trip Report they even stole her once.

The fireworks sound awesome, good thing you stayed around I would have gotten mad and left and missed them. Just Kidding I probly would have dragged my feet and looked in the shops and then saw them. :thumbsup2

Lindsey....I never noticed that you couldn't stand up in the Dland monorail. It has been 2 years since our last visit...but I didn't notice.

learn something new every day. :goodvibes

ps...what did you think about the crowds trying to get out after the fireworks....MOBBED :eek: we got caught in that sea of people once and I am pretty sure my feet left the ground and I "floated" with the hoard of pushing people. it was very clausterphobic and I learned not to do that again.

this was around Christmas time when it snows on Main St.

Hey! I just found your report! I'm only on page 3, but wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying it!

I'll be back later! :wave:

Awww . . . It's over! I'm finished! Now I'm watching the video of the fireworks :cloud9:

I'm glad you had a great time at the premiere, but I dont think I couldve done that! As much as I LOVE Seal, I dont think I could wait all day for him (but tell him I said that :rolleyes1 ).

This has been a fun report! I'm glad I found it! :wave:

Hello fellow Pirate fanatic!

I just finished reading your report and enjoyed it (especially the premiere part). I too went to the premiere with my mom, mom's friend and friend's 10 year old daughter. We had a blast and got many of the same pictures you did - I have an awesome one of Orlando (my hero!) that we took set as my desktop background! It truly was an amazing experience and I would gladly do it again (although waiting in the how sun got old pretty quickly, as I'm sure you would agree).

We were located somewhat close to you. We were right in front of the castle on the castle side of Main St, near the end of the red carpet. It is nice to hear someone else's opinion of the Pirate Premiere. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself. Sorry to hear about your hotel trouble, though!

Hi everyone! :banana:

I hope you are all doing well! I am very sorry for the lack of updates to my Trippie. It's been a stressful week. My kitty, Jax, got really sick, so I was an emotional wreck. Jax had a bad reaction to one of the vaccines he was given, so he got really sick. I got him to the Vet as quickly as I could and he had to be given fluids, a shot, and now he's on an antibiotic we're giving him twice a day. He's doing great now and is getting back to his sweet and playful self. He gave me quite a scare and I'm glad he is getting better! :cat:

My parents are actually coming for a visit this week, which is going to be so much fun! I plan on taking them over for a day at Epcot and my Mom and I are going to the Pirate and Princess Party! We can't wait! pirate:

Now, I can finally get back to completing my Trip Report! :thumbsup2

Aw I'm sorry Jax has been sick. Thats really scary when a pet gets really sick all of a sudden. I'm glad hes doing a lot better now. Have a great week with your parents and enjoy the P and P party!

Aww Lindsey those fireworks are FANTASTIC! I held it in untill tink flew and Walt started talking. Now I'm baling and I have goosebumps! Isnt it amazing how Disney can do that to you?! Thank you for posting these pics and videos. Now I gotta go fix my make up. haha

Whenever I hear Walt's voice, I always get goose bumps! It's just so moving and Magical to hear him! :wizard: The fireworks were just wonderful! It's something you need to see more than once tot be able to take it all in. :goodvibes

Wow!!! Those videos are awesome of the fireworks and also of the red carpet! Thanks for sharing Johnny w/ us!! :hug: pirate:

You are very welcome! I am glad you are enjoying my TR and videos! :goodvibes

Great report I love the pics from Goofys restaurant. Seeing the character pics is getting me pumped for my trip. Only 28 more days, we are under a month. YES. :cool1: :banana:

I think Chip and Dale have a thing for married women, they did some of that same stuff to my DW and as you can see by the title of my Trip Report they even stole her once.

The fireworks sound awesome, good thing you stayed around I would have gotten mad and left and missed them. Just Kidding I probly would have dragged my feet and looked in the shops and then saw them. :thumbsup2

Thanks! :) Have a blast on your upcoming trip! :banana:

I love the title of your TR! I just love Chip and Dale! I've had them try to steal me away many times! I guess they love to try and steal all the women! :rotfl2:

Lindsey....I never noticed that you couldn't stand up in the Dland monorail. It has been 2 years since our last visit...but I didn't notice.

learn something new every day. :goodvibes

ps...what did you think about the crowds trying to get out after the fireworks....MOBBED :eek: we got caught in that sea of people once and I am pretty sure my feet left the ground and I "floated" with the hoard of pushing people. it was very clausterphobic and I learned not to do that again.

this was around Christmas time when it snows on Main St.

It was really crowded! It seemed more crowded than the fireworks at Walt Disney World, even though those mobs are also pretty bad! :headache: I was surprised how many people were out to watch the fireworks and how early everyone started grabbing a seat neat Main Street. It was definitely worth it for the show! We were going to opposite direction after the fireworks and headed back to the park. We were able to jump right on Thunder Mountain! ;)

So glad Jax is better. We've lost our two kittens this week and it is so heartbreaking. Your Jax is adorable! Love all his Disney Stuff!! Looking forward to more trip report!!!!!

Awww . . . It's over! I'm finished! Now I'm watching the video of the fireworks :cloud9:

I'm glad you had a great time at the premiere, but I dont think I couldve done that! As much as I LOVE Seal, I dont think I could wait all day for him (but tell him I said that :rolleyes1 ).

This has been a fun report! I'm glad I found it! :wave:

I am so glad you found my Trip Report and are enjoying it! It's almost over, but not over yet! ;) I still can't believe we waited that long for the Premiere! It was quit an experience and it was worth it for Johnny! :love: I couldn't do it for just anyone, but for Johnny, I will make an exception! ;)

Hello fellow Pirate fanatic!

I just finished reading your report and enjoyed it (especially the premiere part). I too went to the premiere with my mom, mom's friend and friend's 10 year old daughter. We had a blast and got many of the same pictures you did - I have an awesome one of Orlando (my hero!) that we took set as my desktop background! It truly was an amazing experience and I would gladly do it again (although waiting in the how sun got old pretty quickly, as I'm sure you would agree).

We were located somewhat close to you. We were right in front of the castle on the castle side of Main St, near the end of the red carpet. It is nice to hear someone else's opinion of the Pirate Premiere. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself. Sorry to hear about your hotel trouble, though!

Hello there! pirate: I'm glad you found my Trip Report! I still have a little bit left to write. :goodvibes That's so great that you were there too! How long did you wait and when did you arrive to Disneyland? It sounds like you were seated right near us! We were in front of the Castle at the end of Main Street. I'm glad you had a great time too! I know it was worth it! :goodvibes

Aw I'm sorry Jax has been sick. Thats really scary when a pet gets really sick all of a sudden. I'm glad hes doing a lot better now. Have a great week with your parents and enjoy the P and P party!

Thanks. :goodvibes I was really scared for him and felt really guilty because I was at work late and got home to a very sick kitty. It was awful having to wait until the next morning to really be able to do anything about it. I know he is so happy that he is feeling better now!

So glad Jax is better. We've lost our two kittens this week and it is so heartbreaking. Your Jax is adorable! Love all his Disney Stuff!! Looking forward to more trip report!!!!!

Thank you. That is so sad to hear abut your two kittens. I am very sorry. :sad1: I hope that things get better for you. :goodvibes

I am glad your kitty is doing better!!! I also hope you have a great visit with your parents and have a blast at P&P Party...so I foresee another Trippie???

That is terrible about Jax. Nothing makes me feel worse than when my kitties are sick. I'm glad to hear that he is starting to improve.

How exciting, the Pirate and Princess Party! I would really love to go to that one day.

Disneyland
After Dark

We rushed right over to ride Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as soon as they opened it back up after the fireworks. I have been waiting to go on this ride for years! I hadn't been on it since a few years before it closed in Walt Disney World. I was so excited! :banana:

n25002324_32314918_5794.jpg

The inside of the ride was really neat and just like being in an older home. There was very little area for a line inside and you boarded your car pretty quickly once you entered, but only two people could get on the ride at a time.

n25002324_32314920_6398.jpg

This is the only Disney ride, where you actually go to a bar and then take a visit through Hell. It's such a strange ride, just like most of the original Disney rides. It's a oldie and a goodie! :thumbsup2

n25002324_32314921_6708.jpg

n25002324_32314922_7014.jpg

We had to complete the rides we missed in Fantasyland because they were the most important to me! There was a pretty long line at Peter Pan, but we had to go on it!

n25002324_32314923_7333.jpg

Once again, I was shocked how different Disneyland's Peter Pan Ride was different from Walt Disney World's. Even the ships you ride in were different and they had skulls and crossbones on them.

n25002324_32314924_7638.jpg

It was getting pretty late and we realized we just had 30 minutes left before Disneyland closed. :sad2: I couldn't believe our trip was coming to an end! It's the worst feeling, but I guess all good things must come to an end.

We decided we would go on Autopia because it looked so cool! It was nothing like the one at Walt Disney World! It was really neat and you are actually even handed a license before you get in your car. During the ride, you actually go over rough terrain and everything. It was so much better than Autopia at Walt Disney World. We loved it!

n25002324_32314925_7932.jpg

We were hoping to be able to sneak one more ride in before Disneyland closed, but we got stuck on Autopia because they decided to keep us on the ride while they got all of the cars off the road for the closing of the park.

n25002324_32314926_8228.jpg

We got out of our cars and Disneyland had closed. All the rides were shutting down and so were all the stars. It was so sad to walk from Tomorrowland and then down Main Street. We were at the end of Main Street and almost at the train station, and I saw Walt Disney Theater to the left. I saw a Cast Member standing outside and he said they were still open! :woohoo: I was so excited that the night was not ending and we went in to see the show.

n25002324_32314927_8525.jpg

It was a special film called, "Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years," and there were also some neat exhibits to see! We got an exclusive behind-the-magic look at the first 50 years of Disneyland Park!

n25002324_32314931_9746.jpg

n25002324_32314929_9140.jpg

This was the funniest picture we saw! This is the original and the first Mickey and Minnie at Disneyland! :rotfl:

n25002324_32314930_9437.jpg

The film was fantastic and Steve Martin took us on a tour through the first 50years of Disneyland with some help from Donald Duck. Steve Martin use to work at Disneyland in the magic shop when he was a kid and it was neat to see the old photos.

It was the perfect way to end our night and vacation at Disneyland! We left the theatre and I realized I hadn't bought a Disneyland photo album yet! :eek: I was in luck because the stores on Main Street were still open! It was great because all the shops on Main Street stayed open 30 minutes after all the rides closed.

n25002324_32314932_49.jpg

I got my photo album and then DH and I made the sad walk through the turnstiles as we exited Disneyland. :sad2: It was pretty late, so the Anaheim Shuttles were not running anymore. We were pretty exhausted and out feet hurt, but we had no choice but to walk back to Motel Hell.

n25002324_32314936_1228.jpg

It was a long and slow walk back because I knew the faster we walked, the further we were from Disneyland. We got back to our room and had to make sure we had everything packed. We had an early shuttle pick-up time for us to make it to LAX to catch our plan back to Florida. I had to be at work bright and early after the day we got back too. :sad2:

I was not ready to leave Disneyland, but I was ready to get out of the awful motel! I couldn't wait to actually sleep in a nice and clean bed! We had an amazing trip in Disneyland and it was such a wonderful experience! I can't wait to go back!

Thanks to everyone for joining my Trippie! I really hope you all enjoyed it and there will be more Trip Reports from me coming soon! :banana: See you real soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter