For families whose husbands don't like disney

I hope your trip goes well. Maybe have your dh have some down time that does not include the parks? I think my dh just got sick of going to the parks and said he was tired "going on the same rides". Maybe a few resort days, where your dh can just hang at the pool with a few adult beverages, might make the other days more enjoyable for him. It's important if you do this, to not be resentful towards him because not everyone loves the parks/rides and it took me a while to realize this with my dh. We really enjoyed our evenings together as a family (after 5), when we had a nice dinner and walked around the boardwalk or swam at the resort pool.

Thanks for your suggestions. Disney just isn't for him. He'd rather the beach or skiing, and I'd rather this. We both know this about each other, and there's no resentment. When we started dating 10 years ago, he had not been to disney in 20ish years and has/had no desire to make it an annual thing. He has been more amiable to going recently, and let's me take friend trips when I need to scratch my itch :)

My husband said that he was done with Disney except for a day trip to Epcot after a cruise. My daughter (16) and I went for Spring break this year. She reaaly wanted to go again next year. We booked a nother trip and my husband said that he wanted to go.

My DH doesn't love Disney like I do. He enjoys it, but doesn't want to go as often as I do. So after we got home from our Oct. 2015, we decided that DD and I would take mother daughter trip in 2018. It will be 2 1/2 years between our trips and he'd rather wait 4-5 years in between. Now that I'm actually planning it, I'm not sure if he wants to come or not. He says it's too soon, and I remind him that's why I planned a mother/daughter trip. He also thinks it's odd to go on a vacation without the spouse. I tell him it's more common than he thinks. I think his biggest issue with our upcoming trip is that my sister and family may come visit for a couple days. She lives in Ft. Myers and we don't see each other very often, so we might as well take advantage of only being 3 hours away instead of 19. I'm not sure why it bothers him so much if they come to visit, maybe he feels left out. If they didn't live so close to Disney, I wouldn't even think about inviting them to come for the weekend.

My husband doesn't like Disney. He went once as a kid and once after we were married with my stepdaughter. My mom and sister LOVE Disney and are DVC members. We now have a 1 year old, and I took our baby with my mom and sister in May and will be returning in a week. DH will probably go once with our son when he's about 4. He's not into the lines and crowds, and he's OK with Disney trips being only with my family. We take other family trips with him to places he enjoys - mountains, beaches, etc. It works for us!

It took me a while to realize that dragging my husband to the parks was just not good for anyone. I can't really blame him, because some people just don't get Disney. My children and I just LOVE it. All of the special places we eat and all of the rides that we go on and share memories, it's just a great vacation and it's hard to imagine not going every year. We have talked about skipping next summer, but every time I think about not going, I almost want to cry:confused3. I try every year to say we are going to try a different vacation but I think about it and know I am not going to enjoy anything more than Disney. I need a therapist:thumbsup2

I used to have a hard time enjoying the parks especially the hour+ long lines until we stayed at the Grand Floridian about 5 years ago. Now I love it and can't wait every to go every year! The GF has provided us with an opportunity to enjoy Disney as well as resort vacationing. if I get tired of the park, my DW is Ok with me going back to the GF and relax in the room or at the pool. :-)

My husband never liked going to Disney until we stayed at the GF. It is such a relaxing resort for the family. He will go to the parks with us, but will head back earlier with our youngest child to enjoy the GF. We had been staying at the GF every year and he said that if they ever did a GF DVC that he would definitely buy into it...and that's exactly what he did. We love the villas at the GF!

Best thing I did, buy DVC!! :tiptoe:

My DH is not that into Disney, but he will be the first to say that he supports my Disney obsession since I also support his SEC football and baseball obsessions. He is willing to drive to Disney (9-10 hours) and make it all happen for me. I don't press him to go to the parks with me - I'm happy to go alone.

I'm a Grandma who is taking my grown son, his 4 year old daughter and my grown daughter on a Disney trip in November. We've been planning the trip for two years now. Grandpa has absolutely no interest in going and is happily staying home with six dogs. Worked out great for all of us!

OP I love it! My DH gets 'grumpy' if I tell him he has to go with me...so I give him the option to stay home...which he never chooses... then when we're there, he goes in less than I do,or our kids (for sure!) We both like the resorts and relaxing anyway.... but him just not going in for a few days of a long trip there is about his speed too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter