? for guys who have gone solo

DMass

DIS Veteran
Do people find it strange that a guy is touring the park alone?

Any weird vibes?

I ask this because I may do a solo next year.

Whats up DMASS, sorry for a late response...

I live in Orlando and go solo a lot. I mean, I have friends down here I go with too.. but a lot of the time when theyr'e busy or doing something else I'll go and spend a day in the parks by myself.. I realize its not like scheduling an actual trip or anything, but theres absolutely nothing weird about it, in fact, you'll actually meet other guys who are down there on solo trips as well.. Its a lot of fun, I enjoy going solo and sometimes have more fun because I have the freedom to do everything I want to with nobody/nothing standing in the way. I meet some really cool people along the way. And I've never had any weird vibes from any other guests, in fact its just the opposite. For some reason a lot of the guests have warmed up to me more when I'm there solo then when I'm with a group of friends. I'll be at an attraction or in a restaurant and we'll start chattin' it up a bit. You'd be surprised how many fun and interesting person you meet when you're down here solo. Do yourself a favor, if you're up in the air about a solo trip, don't anything hinder you.. its a lot of fun and nothing weird about it.. Hope this helps:hippie:

Do people find it strange that a guy is touring the park alone?

Any weird vibes?

I ask this because I may do a solo next year.
I go alone all the time and I don't mind a bit. I also don't pay any attention to others in the park. I just go for a while and do what I want to do and then come home. I like being able to eat when I want, take a break when I want and ride what I want. There are plenty of people who live here and am sure you could arrange a meet of some kind if you didn't want to go solo.

I've gotta echo Birdman. I went solo in November and had the time of my life.
I did everything solo from rides to shows to dining to character meet and greets. I never felt out of place or got a bad vibe from anyone. Basically everyone I ran across was friendly and really enjoying themselves.

If you're on the fence about a solo trip, all I can say is: DO IT!!!!!!!! You will not regret it.

I went solo back in Dec 2008 and am planning another trip for Dec of this year (prolly solo if my son can't get the time off).
I never felt uncomfortable while at the parks. And there is a big plus in that you can get in the single rider's line on some rides such as, iirc, test track.
I should add, tho, that I only did one TS while I was there. I think I would feel a little uncomfortable in that regard.

>>Birdman: So how come if you live in Orlando you don't have a Jaguar symbol in your sig instead of a Cowboy's?

I've gotta echo Birdman. I went solo in November and had the time of my life.

Heck yeah man:thumbsup2 Goin' solo is a blast!

Birdman: So how come if you live in Orlando you don't have a Jaguar symbol in your sig instead of a Cowboy's?

There are actually more Bucs fans in Orlando than Jags fans, since Tampa Bay is much closer. But to answer your question.. I'm a die hard Cowboy fan, born and raised.

I used to always go by myself before work. (when I worked at Disney) To be honest, it was the best. You chose what rides you went on, didn't have a long wait usually because you were filling in the gaps, and didn't have to worry about anyone else with you. I don't think anyone looks at someone traveling solo as being suspicious. They will just be jealous because their party of four has to wait while you get to ride before everyone else! ;)

Although I love traveling with my friends and family now - there are times when I wouldn't mind doing what I want to do rather than having to consider what everyone else does! Have fun!!

Ditto with what everyone has said so far. I solo'd in May of this year and never noticed any bad vibes...

I went solo last Sept and I wondered how people would react to a single male. For instance, I did not use my arcade coupon, so I appraoched the Dad and asked him if they could use it rather then ask the young son. Most of the time people were friendly and we would talk in line. I had a great time at Teppan Edo with two great families, but at the Biergarten, the other guests were "weird", they never responded to my overtures and acted like my fly was open (It wasn't; I checked). I had a fantastic time and will do it again.

solo trip options 1)sleep in I'm on pacific standard time 2)go to any theme park i want to including non disney 3) eat at any restaurant qs, ts character 4) i always have a blast going solo have great trip.

There's plenty of proof in this section of the DISboards that debunks the popular belief that Disney is mostly just for kids or familes. For me, the Disney experience is about being able to spend quality time at a place that's extremely well cared for, that values my patronage, and makes it very easy to enjoy a fun, relaxing, delicious, etc. (read: magical) experience.

The kinds of things I enjoy at WDW - theme park attractions, pools, golf, food - can be enjoyed either solo or with my DGF or my friends. If on any of my solo trips or moments at WDW there were people judging me or made uncomfortable by the fact that a single guy was enjoying the Disney experience, I didn't notice it. If I had, I doubt I'd have even cared. :goodvibes

If on any of my solo trips or moments at WDW there were people judging me or made uncomfortable by the fact that a single guy was enjoying the Disney experience, I didn't notice it. If I had, I doubt I'd have even cared. :goodvibes

Plus for me, even if they were looking at me funny, how would I tell the difference between it being because I'm a solo guy at Disney, and it just being a normal everyday occurrence? :rotfl:

I was going to direct that at you Tom, but your DGF is so vicious I was afraid of what she'd do to me! :scared1: :laughing:

Brad. . .lol.

Disney is the greatest adult playground in the world. I tell people its the best kept secret fun spot ever. Swimming, Bobo, Tune Inn Lounge, Balcony Parties, Atlantic Dance Hall, Drinking around the world, etc. . .

I don't see anything in this list made for kids. You see, you can go to Beaches or some other tropical resort and have a fun time. At WDW I get to be a kid and STILL play like an adult. Its a blast.

I've made two solo trips and plan to do another in April of next year. First of all I love WDW and I can't imagine not going when its convenient and on each occasion I was in central Florida on business, so I gotta go to WDW. I always have a good time and people are very friendly. I heartily recommend that if you have the opportunity to GO - you'll love it!

Having said all of that it is a mixed emotional event touring the parks solo and remembering all the great family times that may not ever happend again. Both of my daughters are in college now and with these expenses we have not been able to find the $$ for another trip. I hope we can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter