For the local Annual Pass holders.....how are you not livid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haystack

Earning My Ears
full disclosure.....im on this board for Universal updates. Im not a Disney guy. (I'm barely a Universal guy)

But Universal is annoying enough and I could not imagine trying to navigate the crowds with mask and heat. Luckily, right now it's just heat and mask with no crowds but I can assure you those masks are quite annoying. I watched a couple leave very early telling someone "we can't handle walking around in these things ". I can deal with it with those insanely small crowds for now.

So what about the locals who have already paid for annual passes for Disney?. If it were me I'd lose my mind. I don't do debt, especially on silly things like theme parks so we would have paid in advance long before these rules were in place.

Would this not be a substantial change to the original agreement?

Maybe they've already offered to work with people because just simply extending passes for the time it was closed is expected; not some amazing thing like the parks are acting like they're doing.

I have annual passes so I can enjoy the park like I do going fishing. I don't need a reservation; you grab the gear and the boat and you fish. This would significantly impact locals and annual passes and i am shocked that I can't find a single complaint.

Did I overlook a thread? I've even read comments on news sites where people just seem to say"ooooookkkkkkkk......whatever you want from me.....I'll do it"

Well, I live here. And being it's a global pandemic and Disney nor anyone else could have predicted this happening, I really can't fault them. I don't understand that mindset, honestly. Do I hate not going, yep. Will I die if I don't go this year? Nope!

They have also offered pro rated cancellations and refunds, not sure what more you'd expect from them?

Not to mention, I'm sure in the tiny print somewhere, it allows for closure of public health concerns just like hurricanes, etc. Some things are beyond their control, contract or not.

But, I would never lose my mind over not being able to visit a theme park, no matter the reason. I think that's a bit extreme, and might mean people need to recheck their priorities a bit! I would however, lose my mind, if I went and my family got sick and died. So I guess it's how you look at it.

unfortunately this is where the "gift of size" goes against Disney, they can't just open the parks and then turn people around when they hit capacity. Imagine coming from far away and spending money to be told you can't go in. The reservation system is the only thing that works for now
I am a local P, used to go 3 times a week, and actually work out of going. It will definitely be a hassle now with the reservation system, I won't hate on it until it opens and we can really see how much of struggle it is (aside from the system crashing tomorrow)
I value my money and I have said for years Disney loses money with me
3 times a week, I don't buy merch, I don't eat at the parks cause I rarely spend more than 4 hours there, if I do eat I usually do quick service kids meal. So, for me, it still makes sense financially
But Disney is doing a lot to refund, extend and flat out give the ability to cancel your AAP if you wish

I'm an out of state passholder and I'm only not super livid because our 2 stays this year are on property. Next year though we have a big family reunion off property I"m a bit worried about. The rest of my family will be able to make reservations for entire length of ticket but the 4 of us will only be able to make 3. I'm only keeping myself calm becaue I can't imagine that by the end of next April they'll have things locked up so tight. Like capacity should be back to normal so only making 3 reservations ahead of time shouldn't matter cause hopefully we'll be able to make them night before or whatever.

Keeping an eye on it for sure though.

But, I would never lose my mind over not being able to visit a theme park, no matter the reason. I think that's a bit extreme, and might mean people need to recheck their priorities a bit! I would however, lose my mind, if I went and my family got sick and died. So I guess it's how you look at it.

I don't really subscribe to the sensationalism responses like that. I would prefer a more logical approach vs exaggerating to make a point. You're attempting to be insulting in a snide way but it's pretty transparent.

I'll provide my logical thought pattern without sensationalism which is trying to insinuate i want people to "die".

So money is the issue right?
For me I work hard and make a good living. However I recognize that the reason I have money is because I spend anywhere from 40 to 60 hours a week away from my family to go to a job. So I see time is valuable. Time is money is not a cliché.

Some people don't think that way.
However, during your moment of exaggerating you said "if I went....." ........well you kinda make my point. It's going to impact your plans from when you handed disney your money (unless of course someone is a monthly bill planner that does monthly payments for theme parks maybe it doesn't bug them as much). If you're a reasonable person and paid up front with a particular intent why would you not be livid if they're not willing to work with you.

Same concept on how Norwegian is handling refunds.....or no refund in some cases.

So I'm not saying be livid at the virus be livid IF the people who took your money aren't working with you.

I'm an out of state passholder and I'm only not super livid because our 2 stays this year are on property. Next year though we have a big family reunion off property I"m a bit worried about. The rest of my family will be able to make reservations for entire length of ticket but the 4 of us will only be able to make 3. I'm only keeping myself calm becaue I can't imagine that by the end of next April they'll have things locked up so tight. Like capacity should be back to normal so only making 3 reservations ahead of time shouldn't matter cause hopefully we'll be able to make them night before or whatever.

Keeping an eye on it for sure though.

Wow....I did not realize that. I was only thinking in local terms.

unfortunately this is where the "gift of size" goes against Disney, they can't just open the parks and then turn people around when they hit capacity. Imagine coming from far away and spending money to be told you can't go in. The reservation system is the only thing that works for now
I am a local P, used to go 3 times a week, and actually work out of going. It will definitely be a hassle now with the reservation system, I won't hate on it until it opens and we can really see how much of struggle it is (aside from the system crashing tomorrow)
I value my money and I have said for years Disney loses money with me
3 times a week, I don't buy merch, I don't eat at the parks cause I rarely spend more than 4 hours there, if I do eat I usually do quick service kids meal. So, for me, it still makes sense financially
But Disney is doing a lot to refund, extend and flat out give the ability to cancel your AAP if you wish

Ok....i HAD ZERO clue they were working with people. I swear I looked everywhere for the past few weeks.

Universal has been super nice.

My thread is moot if they're helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter