For the Love of Fitness... And Disney! - February Exercise Challenge

450/900

Took my dog to the park. Beautiful day again today and tons of people enjoying the park. A bit of drama half way through. A dog got away from its owner and ran across the large, partially frozen lake. As it neared the sunnier side, it fell through the ice and couldn't get out. A man at the edge swam in and was able to break through the ice with his arms to save the dog. Someone called 911 as this was happening and a few minutes later two firetrucks pulled up and one of the firefighters was already in a full wet suit and ready to go in. By that time the man and dog were safely to the edge and they just stuck around to check on the guy and hopefully get him warmed up. He was wearing jeans... brr. Pretty amazing - I was certainly impressed!

@Dentam, that's amazing! I'm glad the firefighters take reports regarding animals in danger seriously. I guess they figure if they don't try a rescue, a civilian will.

Actually, the woman who called 911 told me afterward that at first they told her to call 311 since it was a dog. By then the man had jumped in though and she told them that and they sent the firefighters right away. I agree with your thinking though - they should assume that a civilian is likely to try a rescue and send help right away. Luckily everything turned out okay today!

Yesterday (2/13)

12 min warm up + 29 min (Episodes 3 and 5 of Tiffany Rothe's 'Orange is the new fit' series) + 5 min stretch= 46 min
45 min walk to work

Today (2/14)

5 min standing abs x 4= 20 min
-----------------------------------------------------------
Total for last 2 days: 111 min :dogdance:

403/580

Forgot to update this week -

Wednesday: 67 minutes
Thursday: 54 minutes
Friday: 91 minutes (woo!)
Saturday: 31 minutes
Today: 0 minutes - rest day, yay!

New total: 745/1200

Did another 5k this week on the treadmill. I'm actually enjoying running! So much so that I'm looking into RunDisney races...and thinking about starting a 10k program into a half program. This is crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter