For those of you that did surf lessons--Waikiki/Aulani

We booked lessons on the north shore with Uncle Bryan's Sunset Suratt Surf School. It was #1 on the things to do in Haleiwa. Our 2nd choice was North Shore Girls. We are scheduled to go in a couple of days. I will update with our experience after we go.

Aloha,

Congrats on your trip to Hawaii. Actually I am a Disney Fanatic/DVC Member but also the G.M of Girls Who Surf now Surf HNL. For those of you who enjoyed our lessons much mahalo. We do offer photography for those who would like a keepsake of their experience. I can offer you folks a discount to, just mention to speak with me when you call us. 808.772.4583

Mahalo,
Ian

Thanks for the Monkey Pod tip.

Maybe I should call Hawaii Fire again. I do think its odd that it is not on their website and that it is still listed on the Disney excursions.

Yesterday I booked 1 hour lessons with Girls Who Surf. I hope 1 hour is long enough. I have a 6 year old son and I thought he would be exhausted after an hour!

Aloha,

Your son will have a blast. Your son will be on the same board as another instructor (Tandem). (Under 10/first time) That way they enjoy the feel of surfing, without having to do the hard work :) . Also if your son would like a female instructor it would be advised to request it. Girls Who Surf is actually now called Surf HNL, so they do have male instructors also. Let me know how the experience goes!!! :cool1:

Mahalo,
P.S I work for GWS

We are likely doing Girls Who Surf as they seem to be the only one who will take 4 year olds. My current 3 year old is excited about the idea of surfing which he saw in San Diego this summer.

If you book in this off season, I can get you a discount !

If you book in this off season, I can get you a discount !

Hi Ian--

How far in advance do we need to book surfing lessons? We are staying at Aulani for 4 nights in early March, and I have 2 boys (ages 7 and 10) that I'd like to give surfing lessons to. Thanks!

I just received an e-mail from Hawaiian Fire (in response to a question I had about their photos/usb flashdrive), and John said they have discountined lessons after August 2014. :eek:

Of course I couldn't believe I was reading his reply correctly and came to DIS to search out the answer. I'm sad to say it's true then... I was so looking forward to this in a couple of years.

Hi Ian--

How far in advance do we need to book surfing lessons? We are staying at Aulani for 4 nights in early March, and I have 2 boys (ages 7 and 10) that I'd like to give surfing lessons to. Thanks!

Aloha,

It looks like you folks will be arriving a week prior to Spring Break? If that's the case you could book the day prior to the lesson. Your boys will love it!!! I reccomend private lessons for them. If you have any questions, you can respond back or check out surfhnl.com

Mahalo

There are 2 groupons right now for big wave Dave or Reeled in Surf for surf lessons. It would my dd 21's 2nd time. Have you heard anything about either of these??

We just returned from 10 days at Aulani. We surfed with Blue Rush surf school on the North Shore. A local recommended them and they were GREAT. We checked them out on trip advisor and they had all perfect scores. The reviews were right on. We also found a discount in the local tour book and on Amazon local. Ask for Matt. Enjoy.

We just returned from 10 days at Aulani. We surfed with Blue Rush surf school on the North Shore. A local recommended them and they were GREAT. We checked them out on trip advisor and they had all perfect scores. The reviews were right on. We also found a discount in the local tour book and on Amazon local. Ask for Matt. Enjoy.
I second blue rush surf school!! Matt and his crew were fabulous. Ds9 and Ds12 both caught their 1st waves and both rode them all the way in to shore Dh and I didn't do that bad either! Lol. We were able to get up fairly easy too.
So much fun we booked a 2nd lesson for later in the trip.

DD21 & DH took a two hour lesson from Girls Who Surf and LOVED it!!! I booked on Aulani's website pore to leaving home. Hawaiian Fire is indeed no longer giving lessons.

DH didn't last the entire 2 hours but DD was amazing!!! She had a ball. Denton was her instructor & he was fabulous. The other instructors mentioned that not many first timers last the entire time, but DD was a natural. ;-)

We highly recommend Girls Who Surf.

Any questions, let me know. We were at Sulani for 10 days the last week of August...

DD21 & DH took a two hour lesson from Girls Who Surf and LOVED it!!! I booked on Aulani's website pore to leaving home. Hawaiian Fire is indeed no longer giving lessons.

DH didn't last the entire 2 hours but DD was amazing!!! She had a ball. Denton was her instructor & he was fabulous. The other instructors mentioned that not many first timers last the entire time, but DD was a natural. ;-)

We highly recommend Girls Who Surf.

Any questions, let me know. We were at Sulani for 10 days the last week of August...

Aloha,

I'm glad you enjoyed the lessons. Thanks for choosing us! Please if possible write a review on tripadvisor or yelp of your experience. Glad we were able to meet your expectations :)

Mahalo,
Ian gomez

Aloha,

It looks like you folks will be arriving a week prior to Spring Break? If that's the case you could book the day prior to the lesson. Your boys will love it!!! I reccomend private lessons for them. If you have any questions, you can respond back or check out surfhnl.com

Mahalo

Hi Ian,
We're heading out there the first week of June. I presume this is "high season." For that time of year, how far in advance do we need to make reservations? I have three DDs that want to take lessons on our trip (probably more than one day, if we can swing it!).

Aloha,

Congrats on your trip to Hawaii. Actually I am a Disney Fanatic/DVC Member but also the G.M of Girls Who Surf now Surf HNL. For those of you who enjoyed our lessons much mahalo. We do offer photography for those who would like a keepsake of their experience. I can offer you folks a discount to, just mention to speak with me when you call us. 808.772.4583

Mahalo,
Ian

Ian,
We will be at Aulani the week of Thanksgiving. What days would you be open? And with it being a holiday week should I be making reservations soon?
Thanks,
Carla

We're at Aulani now and booked 2 hours with Pro Surf thru Aulani. Joji and Hank were our instructors and we LOVED it!

Ian hoping to bug you some more! :D

We are headed to Aulani 12/30-1/5. I have a 5yo and 8yo girl, one super athletic, one less so. Do we have to book private lessons since they are under 11? Or could we get a group one for the 3 of us? Is this because they have to go tandem since they are small?

Also do we gain anything by booking through Aulani, like transportation? Or are you guys close enough that we can walk to the lessons from the resort? TIA!!!! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter