For You Contemporary Wishers! New Concept Art

Basically what I am saying is the Contemporary would have not got rid of so many rooms if they did not plan on building something new in that area. So with the rumours out there it can only be a DVC building.

No, there are other options besides DVC. Don't get me wrong...I would love for it to be DVC, but just because the North Wing is gone doesn't mean DVC is going up. It could be family suites. It could be luxury suites (according to several sources, there is a large demand for this). Or it could just be renovated CR. And according to much of what has been posted here and on other fan sites, there was SO MUCH wrong with the North Wing that there was really no choice but demo...there was asbestos and moold...both of which are, of course, toxic.

Anyway, my point is that it doesn't "have" to be DVC. I sure hope it is, though!

Personally, I think the California will be announced next...and while I think a DVC at the Contemp will come eventually, I think it is still down the road a bit.

Thanks I don't frequent screamscape, just curious why any thing posted on there would be considered an "official" release. As to the professional look to it, I am sure there are several regulars on this forum that could make it look just as professional.

I am sure DVC will be build there eventually. But as to what it will look like well I for one am not convinced this it.

I vote with Sammie. After all, just because this exists doesn't mean that the MK area will look like this in future, does it?
029EVFF500-1.jpg

;) and here's the soon to be announced Polynesian DVC

028NF500.jpg

I wouldn't consider this concept art as anything official. Nothings really official until Disney announces it. It's just another piece of information to show what it would/could look like. I feel it does put the rumor of DVC at the Contemporary a step closer.

I consider the folks on that other website as very reliable. Only time will tell. Until then we can just digest this information and take it for what it's worth.

Get ready for the first Untheamed DVC property. Miami Highrise Condo on the way!

I consider the folks on that other website as very reliable. Only time will tell. Until then we can just digest this information and take it for what it's worth.

If you're referring to Screamscape, I don't know that I can agree. I've been reading it for several years now and while it's an enjoyable site, I don't know that I would rate their "hit" percentage very high. They will pretty much post any rumor that appears anywhere else on the Internet. They recently redesigned their WDW rumor pages, so a lot of the old chaff has been removed. About 4-6 months ago the site had information on such hot projects as the Toy Story Green Alien Bumper Cars and the Epcot Canada Pavilion river raft ride.

I was actually the source of a "rumor" once. A few years ago when DVC stopped allowing members to request an "Epcot View" at BCV, I sent the site owner an email relaying that info and sort of speculating aloud as to whether there were additional reasons for the restriction. My comments were turned into "rumors" about future development plans for Epcot. :rolleyes1

I'm not trying to slam the site because I do think it's a great resource. However I wouldn't attach any sort of additional credibility to rumors just because they are posted there. 99% of what is printed there is just repeating what also appears on other websites (at least in terms of the Disney parks info.)

No, there are other options besides DVC. Don't get me wrong...I would love for it to be DVC, but just because the North Wing is gone doesn't mean DVC is going up. It could be family suites. It could be luxury suites (according to several sources, there is a large demand for this). Or it could just be renovated CR. And according to much of what has been posted here and on other fan sites, there was SO MUCH wrong with the North Wing that there was really no choice but demo...there was asbestos and moold...both of which are, of course, toxic.

Anyway, my point is that it doesn't "have" to be DVC. I sure hope it is, though!

Personally, I think the California will be announced next...and while I think a DVC at the Contemp will come eventually, I think it is still down the road a bit.

There are other options beside DVC except the permits all say DVC but I'm sure that part of the building will be to replace the missing rooms from the north wing. Why would the south wing be able to be refurbished but the north could only be destroyed to remedy these issues? Also the asbestos would need to be removed before demolition so there would be no savings there.

Have they started construction in California? It would seem odd to build the second building first.

Oh please....can't you just hear the complaints already?? "But the walk to the monorail is soooo loooong. You thought BWV hallways were long?!? Wait till you stay at CRV..." :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

I could see the complaints about the walk because it seems a good number of DVC people on these boards have an aversion to walking but it really would be no longer than the north wing was and the elevated walk way will bring you in at the lobby level.

If you're referring to Screamscape, I don't know that I can agree. I've been reading it for several years now and while it's an enjoyable site, I don't know that I would rate their "hit" percentage very high. They will pretty much post any rumor that appears anywhere else on the Internet. They recently redesigned their WDW rumor pages, so a lot of the old chaff has been removed. About 4-6 months ago the site had information on such hot projects as the Toy Story Green Alien Bumper Cars and the Epcot Canada Pavilion river raft ride.

I was actually the source of a "rumor" once. A few years ago when DVC stopped allowing members to request an "Epcot View" at BCV, I sent the site owner an email relaying that info and sort of speculating aloud as to whether there were additional reasons for the restriction. My comments were turned into "rumors" about future development plans for Epcot. :rolleyes1

I'm not trying to slam the site because I do think it's a great resource. However I wouldn't attach any sort of additional credibility to rumors just because they are posted there. 99% of what is printed there is just repeating what also appears on other websites (at least in terms of the Disney parks info.)

You could be right. Who really knows for sure. It is mostly a rumor and information site. As for credibility of the site I guess it's just personal preference and past experience.

While some of you may believe me or not but every Cast Member I ask at the Contemporary about this says it will be a DVC building 100%.

While some of you may believe me or not but every Cast Member I ask at the Contemporary about this says it will be a DVC building 100%.

I absolutely believe you that all of the CMs are saying this. I have heard many of them say this as well. And then there was the CM who said "Yup...it's going to be a DVC alright...15 stories, but if you want to get it on it, you better hurry up because the first 7 floors are already sold!" :rolleyes1

While I adore most CMs and I know how hard they work to make the magic happen for all us, most of them are not very knowledgeable when it comes to DVC.

Additionally, when it comes to rumors and CMs here is a great story. I was at the CR for Chef Mickey's several months ago and was talking with a CM before heading to the restaurant. We got to talking about certain things and I informed HIM about some news that I had heard. He had never head this information before. It was not a big deal....he and I were just having a pleasant chat. Not 5 minutes later I heard the same wonderful CM repeat the info. that I just told him to other guests...and do so as though it were Divine Fact.

Totally not slamming CMs here...but this is how these things happen. Again, I would like to see a DVC here as well, but concept art and permits are truly meaningless. Anyone booked at Eagle Pines recently?

I absolutely believe you that all of the CMs are saying this. I have heard many of them say this as well. And then there was the CM who said "Yup...it's going to be a DVC alright...15 stories, but if you want to get it on it, you better hurry up because the first 7 floors are already sold!" :rolleyes1

While I adore most CMs and I know how hard they work to make the magic happen for all us, most of them are not very knowledgeable when it comes to DVC.

Additionally, when it comes to rumors and CMs here is a great story. I was at the CR for Chef Mickey's several months ago and was talking with a CM before heading to the restaurant. We got to talking about certain things and I informed HIM about some news that I had heard. He had never head this information before. It was not a big deal....he and I were just having a pleasant chat. Not 5 minutes later I heard the same wonderful CM repeat the info. that I just told him to other guests...and do so as though it were Divine Fact.

Totally not slamming CMs here...but this is how these things happen. Again, I would like to see a DVC here as well, but concept art and permits are truly meaningless. Anyone booked at Eagle Pines recently?
The only thing I was not by them was that 7 of the 15 floors have already been sold out and even if they did tell me that I would not have believed it. I mean how could they sell out if they were not annoucned by WDW the way it was done for the Animal Kingdom Lodge?

The only difference with Eagle Pines is nothing there was torn down and etc, the way the North Garden Wing was demolished. Yes you can make the argument that the North Garden Wing was old and damaged by the Hurricanes, however does it not seem funny that is was also torn down around the same time the DVC talk at the Contemporary started to heat up?

If that's what will be built, IMHO, I think it's a nice compliment to the original A-frame Tower building. To me, the two geometric shapes (circle and triangle) say "contemporary".
I don't know if we'll do another add-on there, but then again, I didn't have plans to have our latest home, AKV, either :lmao: ! (Someone please get my DH and me a vaccine against Addonitis!)

The only difference with Eagle Pines is nothing there was torn down and etc, the way the North Garden Wing was demolished. Yes you can make the argument that the North Garden Wing was old and damaged by the Hurricanes, however does it not seem funny that is was also torn down around the same time the DVC talk at the Contemporary started to heat up?
Well, they are going to build something...whether it will be a DVC or family suites (or both) is yet to be seen. Be careful with CM rumors...in particular as it surrounds DVC. Florida has VERY strict timeshare laws. They regulate what can be said and what can't. In the early days of timeshares (in particular florida) there were many con artists who would sell timeshares before they were built, then took the money and ran. Only the DVC execs know for sure what is going to happen. And they are not talkingpopcorn::

I agree with the poster that said it looks very big. But I still hope it happens and look forward to staying there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter