Forgiveness not permission

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Loved it when you said that Corey.

I've this sign that says "It is easier to ask for forgiveness, Than to ask for permission" above my desk in the office that I work. It has been my maxim for more than a decade :goodvibes . My director now just shakes his head when I retort this when I overstep the bounds ;)

That is my DH's motto for everything. He used it when he bought a new motorcycle, when he brought home the new Cobra, when he put new wheels on his car, etc., brought home another xbox, etc., etc., etc.

It's true, though. :)

Around here, we call it "I'll Be Good." You do whatever you want and then you say that you'll be good. My dad did it. I do it. DH does it. OF COURSE kids do it.

Someone starts to complain, really fast we just say, "I'llbegood, I'llbegood."

It works at home as a joke and it works in society if you phrase it just a little differently. :) There really is no limit to how well this works. It even worked for Sadam Hussein...well, it worked 17 or 18 times.

I'llbegood. Gets you out of trouble every single time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter