Former AP holders going through Disney withdrawals...a pre-trip report (with pics!)

33.jpg
Awww, poor thing. I hope the antibiotics work! Keep us updated. :wizard:

Great pics btw! :thumbsup2

pixiedust: for your doggie to get better. You guys have had a rough start.

Thanks. She was doing great yesterday but now that we're a couple days into the food transition we're starting to have a couple issues. I really hope it gets better. She'll be completely on her new food next Wednesday. And if after a week or two she's still not doing great we may have to try a different food. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will get better.

I hope she perks up. Even our cats after this long - and we know they are healthy - they're stomachs can react poorly to a switch in diet. I Hope the doggie finds it's gastronomical buddy soon. :)

Oh yeah...one fantastic thing about Lucy....she's finally drinking water! When we first got her, she drank out of her water dish. But then after starting the bland diet she stopped drinking. We'd have to give her ice chips and add water to her food. But yesterday she finally started going to her water dish on her own and drinking. I think she didn't like the tap water or something. I give her filtered water from the fridge now and she drinks it. So that makes me very, very happy!

I'm SO happy that Lucy is doing better! :goodvibes

Don't worry about going off topic, we all do it!

As long as you are there on a Thursday, I am convinced they are the slowest days...but also might be the least staffed, so some attractions may have longer waits.

I'm SO happy that Lucy is doing better! :goodvibes

Don't worry about going off topic, we all do it!

I am also happy she's doing better. Too bad I'm sick now. Ugh. If it isn't one thing...it's another.

As long as you are there on a Thursday, I am convinced they are the slowest days...but also might be the least staffed, so some attractions may have longer waits.

Yeah, we're avoiding Friday and Saturday. Those days have the most shows and entertainment...but we'd rather miss that stuff and get lower crowd levels. And hopefully we'll still be able to catch a parade and the fireworks on Sunday.

Does anyone like Jim Shore figurines? I've started to really like them (although I only own one right now.) They have a bunch of Disney ones.

This is the one I want the most right now. I love it because it's Disney and it's very Iowa (my home state.)

homegrown.jpg

This mickey pumpkin is pretty cute too....
mickeypumpkin.jpg

I also love all of the snowmen. Here's one of my favorites...
snowmanornament.jpg

I also like this Jack and Jill one. It's different on both sides...
jackandjill1.jpg

jackandjill2.jpg

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. :(

Reminds me that flu shot's are coming out this month. Turns out this year you can get a flu "sniffer" rather than an injection for the flu vaccine. My DD's are REALLY HAPPY about that :yay:

I think the jack and jill music box is adorable. :)

I hope the coughing goes away soon! Coughs are so annoying and horrible, especially when it makes your chest hurt from coughing so much, blah!

Lucy is adorable! I'm happy she is doing better. :goodvibes

I hope the coughing goes away soon! Coughs are so annoying and horrible, especially when it makes your chest hurt from coughing so much, blah!

Lucy is adorable! I'm happy she is doing better. :goodvibes

Thanks. My chest is feeling a little better now that I'm not coughing every 10 minutes.

We think Lucy is adorable too. She's a really good dog. We're so happy to have her.

Aww, I hope she gets to feeling better. Poor thing! And poor you. Good thing you were prepared though. LOL

Aww, I hope she gets to feeling better. Poor thing! And poor you. Good thing you were prepared though. LOL

I'm going to call the vet tomorrow. I'm wondering if maybe her stomach can't handle her new food. We switched her from the kennel food to an all natural food and I think maybe she just can't handle it. Maybe it's just too "good" for her since she's been eating the not-so-good foods for the past 2 years. I really wanted to avoid dog foods with corn products, meat by-products, and stuff like that. But I think that's just what she's used to. So if the vet says it'll be okay, we're going to try and transition her to something like Science Diet. We'll see what happens.

I'm going to call the vet tomorrow. I'm wondering if maybe her stomach can't handle her new food. We switched her from the kennel food to an all natural food and I think maybe she just can't handle it. Maybe it's just too "good" for her since she's been eating the not-so-good foods for the past 2 years. I really wanted to avoid dog foods with corn products, meat by-products, and stuff like that. But I think that's just what she's used to. So if the vet says it'll be okay, we're going to try and transition her to something like Science Diet. We'll see what happens.

Sounds good. Keep us updated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter