Former Wonders of Life Pavilion to house new space-themed restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no it wouldn't. What does Wakanda have to do with past, present, and mythical animals or conservation?

What does Wakanda have to do with Heath/Wellness, which is the key cornerstone of what the Wonders of Life pavilion was founded on? Whether or not an IP goes there, it should stick with the core theme of that pavilion. I'm thinking Inside Out would make more sense.

What does Wakanda have to do with Heath/Wellness, which is the key cornerstone of what the Wonders of Life pavilion was founded on? Whether or not an IP goes there, it should stick with the core theme of that pavilion. I'm thinking Inside Out would make more sense.
The pavilions of Epcot center are long gone. What does a festival center have to do with the health and wellness of people. That’s what’s been in WoL for the past few year now.

Agreed, I could see them tying in Indy to digging for dinosaurs though. That rumor is less likely at this point though.
I could see if they wanted to do a South America section adding an Indy attraction/sub section to it.

yes Wakanda is totally futuristic. Thus it definately does not fit in AK. With GotG I could see thematically them trying to sell it, but I am with @rteetz I don't see them doing Wakanda in WDW if they can't have Black Panther. Makes no sense. He is the leader and protector of the nation, and his lore is vital to that nation.

I would actually LOVE to see something on the lines of BH6 and the tech from that movie.

Wakanda fits in future world makes a lot sense. But not being able to use the Black Panther would be weird.

Wonders of Life and Mr. Toad are the only two real attractions I miss and want back.

I agree that WoL is too big for just a restaurant but they could possibly put it in there with another attraction or two like the Land Pavilion is set up. Have GotG and Mission Space on either side so could just make that whole area space themed.

I agree that WoL is too big for just a restaurant but they could possibly put it in there with another attraction or two like the Land Pavilion is set up. Have GotG and Mission Space on either side so could just make that whole area space themed.
Supposedly the restaurant is supposed to be tied into mission space. But I’m very on board with your idea as it means more rides/things to do for us all

This is what I think may happen. Imagine the money that restaurant could generate after dark with those magnificent views of Illumination. One attraction, a gift shop, perhaps a lounge and a restaurant. Frankly, I see that a setup similar to Tiffins/Nomads would fit in well considering that Epcot has a reputation of being an adult park. Hot an attraction, have dinner, watch Illuminations without cluttering up the WS, and have a cocktail waiting for the place to clear out. I would totally book into it if there was a package.

It's slightly off topic, but does anyone else think a space themed restaurant sounds disgusting?? What would they serve?? I just picture freeze dried food.

Also, in terms of tying into Mission Space, NO ONE should be eating at least a couple hours before or after going on that attraction!

It's slightly off topic, but does anyone else think a space themed restaurant sounds disgusting?? What would they serve?? I just picture freeze dried food.

Also, in terms of tying into Mission Space, NO ONE should be eating at least a couple hours before or after going on that attraction!
I don't think the food theming will go that far...

Space-Themed Restaurant Lands in Future World at Epcot

Last summer, we shared the news that a one-of-a-kind, space-themed restaurant is currently planned for Epcotthat’ll offer guests amazing meals and a spectacular view – from high above Earth.

Today, we’re happy to share that this restaurant will be built in a newly developed area located between the park’s Mission: SPACE and Test Track attractions.

Once completed, the restaurant will invite guests to travel to space for an amazing dining experience in the stars. The new restaurant will be operated by the Patina Restaurant Group, led by Nick Valenti, which operates several other restaurants around Walt Disney World Resort, including Tutto Italia and Via Napoli at Epcot and Morimoto Asia and Maria & Enzo’s Ristorante at Disney Springs.

But Epcot guests don’t have to wait until the restaurant opens to enjoy a thrilling adventure in space. Last summer, the park’s Mission: SPACE attraction launched new experiences: the enhanced Orange Mission offers a truly intense experience that lets guests feel the force of an actual space launch en route to Mars; while the all-new, family-friendly Green Mission takes guests on an exciting orbit around Earth.

And this summer – starting June 9 – Star-Lord and Gamora from “Guardians of the Galaxy” will take guests on a musical journey through the cosmos in “Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!” as a part of Walt Disney World’s “Incredible Summer” offerings. Guests can catch “Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!” at the America Gardens Theatre at Epcot, five times a day from June 9 through August 19.

We’ll have more details to share soon about the new space-themed restaurant, so keep your eyes on Disney Parks Blog for updates as news breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter