FORT FIENDS DREAM CRUISE Sept 4th, 2011 (Labor Day Week)

I havent found any information that leads me to believe that the veranda rooms will be different than this...

Verandapic.jpg

rear wall of stateroom is pretty much all p.glass.......if this IS NOT true, I need to know!!!! Ive decided to go with the lowest level of Veranda so that Gina's claustrophobia may not become an issue for us...and the info you posted is scarring me right now!

I believe the lower deck verandah rooms are "whitewall" and the upper decks have the clear plexi glass.

If I remember. If you click on the "?" next to each deck category it will give you a description of the room and indicate whitewall or plexi glass but don't hold me to it.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/s...asy/deluxe-oceanview-stateroom-with-verandah/

see where it says down the bottom about some of these verandahs are "white walled"...that's the quote we got from Rhonda..the 6B category or 6A category are the white wall verandahs....If you price it out on the Disney site for a clear plexi balcony...it's gonna be more. I mean I suppose they're might be those that are clear plexi at that rate..but I have a feeling not.
Also concerns me the rooms are 203 sq. ft..as opposed to the Magic and Wonder rooms being 258. sq. feet.
You need to upgrade to the deluxe veranadah to get that footage..which also will probably get you the clear plexi balcony.

I believe the lower deck verandah rooms are "whitewall" and the upper decks have the clear plexi glass.

If I remember. If you click on the "?" next to each deck category it will give you a description of the room and indicate whitewall or plexi glass but don't hold me to it.

Looks that way. For deck 6..their gonna be white wall.

8 or 9...they are plexi..but they're also gonna cost a bit more.

Yep. If you click on the "?" it will describe the room. Here is a 6B category room:

Category 6B: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
A Disney Cruise Line Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah is a richly appointed and spacious accommodation tailored for families of 3 or 4, featuring an elegant maritime motif in contemporary Art Deco style. Staterooms in Category 6B are on Decks 5, 6 and 7, isolated from the sounds and activity of the lower decks.

These staterooms feature a designated area where your family can watch TV or first-run movies, play games or simply unwind from the day's activities—there's even a desk. The seating and sleeping areas can be separated with a heavy privacy curtain for greater intimacy. Staterooms in this category include a hidden mural of Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Wendy and her brothers soaring through a celestial sky—above the upper berth pull-down bed. Enjoy the convenience of a split bath, complete with a tub and shower, and separate sinks that allow for 2 people to use the space at the same time. One bathroom includes a vanity, sink and full tub/shower, while the half bath has a vanity, sink and toilet. The private verandah features its own furniture, deck lights, railings covered in solid white walls and the security of child-proof locks.

Here is a 5B category room:

Category 5B: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

A Disney Cruise Line Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah is a richly appointed and spacious accommodation tailored for families of 3 or 4, featuring an elegant maritime motif in contemporary Art Deco style. Staterooms in Category 5B are on Deck 8, a higher deck with stunning views.

These staterooms feature a designated area where your family can watch TV or first-run movies, play games or simply unwind from the day's activities—there's even a desk. The seating and sleeping areas can be separated with a heavy privacy curtain for greater intimacy. Staterooms in this category include a hidden mural of Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Wendy and her brothers soaring through a celestial sky—above the upper berth pull-down bed. Enjoy the convenience of a split bath, complete with a tub and shower, and separate sinks that allow for 2 people to use the space at the same time. One bathroom includes a vanity, sink and full tub/shower, while the half bath has a vanity, sink and toilet. The private verandah features its own furniture, deck lights, railings covered in plexiglass and the security of child-proof locks.

WOW....Im SO glad you pointed this out!!!!! I would have been really PISSED if I was expecting a clear wall and found a little hole to look out of!!!!!!!!! The difference in price is $80....I guess I can swing that(maybe)....jeeeeeez, this is starting to add up!!!

Oh....wait....its just the RAILINGS that are covered with whitewalls? Not the rear wall of the stateroom?

Whew....I was picturing something completely different in my sad excuse for a mind!!!!

Phyllis...yes, I can see where the whitewall veranda wouldnt be as nice as the plexiglass veranda(as in you'd have to be standing to see the water below)....but, for some reason...I thought you meant that you couldnt SEE THE VERANDA from the room without standing!!! Im an IDIOT!!! Sorry for being slow!

Im posting some floorplan pics for anyone interested:
Stateroom floorplans pics.....

Inside:
inside.jpg

deluxeinside.jpg

Oceanview:
delOV.jpg

delfmov.jpg

Veranda:
veranda.jpg

familyveranda.jpg

Oh....wait....its just the RAILINGS that are covered with whitewalls? Not the rear wall of the stateroom?

White Sides and front...with say a large horizontal oval. They call it a port hole..but it appears more oval-ish to me.
I know I brought up a picture of one on the site..just can't find it. Maybe it was in one of the forum threads. I'll try and see if I can find it.

I know it sounds silly, but I'd like to be able to sit outside and see over and out to the water without standing (I'm lazy that way...lol:laughing:)
Seriously, when we stayed at the WL we once had a room with a stone balcony. They look pretty from the outside and it was a nice view..of Bay Lake. Only it drove me nuts that you had to stand to appreciate the view. I enjoy my morning coffee, or drinks in the evening on the balcony. Basically. I found it irritating when I was out there to be staring at a brick wall. I switched rooms with my son..who had a view of the pool. Truth is... I'm nosey and have to people watch!:sad1: In this case, I'll be in search of dolphins or whatever the heck you see in the sea! pirate:

I found a few pics...the 1st 3 arent so bad...that last one isnt something Id enjoy very much though...

porthole.jpg

I think they call that a Navigators Verandah. Don't care for that at all.

I like the plexi glass ones better. Just not sure that's an option if you get a 6A or 6B category. Says the Verandahs with white walls have an asterisk marked on them..on the deck floor plans. I read some posts that said the whitewalls held the heat..and you couldn't see over them if you were seated.

Your right...its not an option for 6a & 6b at all. The plexi veranda will be an extra $80 for us...Im giving it some thought, but I doubt we will go for it. Its a stretch for us to even think about a veranda at all. It would be cheaper for me to buy a few valium and keep the wife loopy the whole cruise!!!

:rotfl2:

Just don't be leanin' to far over that balcony after taking the valium. :laughing:

Haaa...no, if Iwere to actually do something like that(which I wouldnt) Id go full on cheap and get an inside state room and tell her the virtual porthole was a doorway to Wonderland!!!!

Are there 2 different dinner seatings? If so, which one are you all thinking of doing?

:woohoo:Do you have to pick your dinner seating right away? Because we should all try and do it the same time. Dinning room taken over by FORT FIENDS!!!!

Okay, we also have been looking at the cheaper verandah rooms. My concern is that they all look like they are at the rear of the ship. What about motion? I know I shouldn't worry, but I don't like flying and I don't do wild rides. This is really a concern of mine. Any opinions?

I think the rear is better than the front but the middle to somewhat rear is best...in my opinion.

But you see Jeff, I sleep all the way. Just ask Cheryl, LOL. Are you coming along by the way?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter