FORT FIENDS DREAM CRUISE Sept 4th, 2011 (Labor Day Week)

Spoke to my neighbor about this. They went on a three day cruise on the Wonder last summer.
She said it was about $68.00 for a tour to the Atlantis. That included the aquarium and a lunch. No water/pool area. That was more money..but it was available. She said there was no real way to just go and look around, as everyone has some type of wrist band on. She said there were a couple of young girls who looked as if they were doing just that..walking around, and they were stopped by security. She said they have pretty tight security everywhere checking for wristbands on folks.
Soooo...looks like we'll have to pay to play.
Although she said they also gave her a shipboard credit ...and you can use it toward anythng..including the excursions on shore.:wizard:
I think it's over $100 pp to have full access to the resort including the water slides.

You can also book a room at the Comfort Suites and get wrist bands that way. I believe they are owned by the same group. So you book a room, check in at the front desk, get your wrist bands and go to the park. You never need to go to the room. Depending on the time of year, this may be the cheaper option.

She also indicated that Disney has direct bus transportation to the Atlantis which was some twenty minutes or so away from where you come a shore.
I think it would have to be a pretty significant savings to book the other resort.

Also..and maybe it's just me feeling guilty, but isn't that sort of like booking a campsite and not using it?...Do we really want to go there?...:rotfl:

Also..and maybe it's just me feeling guilty, but isn't that sort of like booking a campsite and not using it?...Do we really want to go there?...:rotfl:

I was just thinking the same thing. No offense, Allison....:flower3:

She also indicated that Disney has direct bus transportation to the Atlantis which was some twenty minutes or so away from where you come a shore.
I think it would have to be a pretty significant savings to book the other resort.

I was just thinking the same thing. No offense, Allison....:flower3:
It's actually encouraged. No offense taken. :lmao: :lmao: They charge for it. They know people do it. Why else book/sell a day room.

Also, the Disney transport is only for those that have booked shore excursions through the ship. If you do it on your own, you need your own transportation. It's a cab ride for about $5 pp. Disney shore excursions are pricey. We've done one only for about 6 different ports of call. And that one we booked only to get off the boat first. :goodvibes

Yeah...Disney booked excursions are way overpriced, when you get off the boat and see the same exact tour service for about a third of what Disney charges, it makes you realize that you REALLY ARE on a DISNEY cruise!!! :o)

Yeah...Disney booked excursions are way overpriced, when you get off the boat and see the same exact tour service for about a third of what Disney charges, it makes you realize that you REALLY ARE on a DISNEY cruise!!! :o)
And that's why you order as many free Mickey ice cream bars to your stateroom that you can eat!!! :thumbsup2 I always tell my family they can't eat any in the parks because they'll be free in a few days when we get on the boat. :rotfl2:

And they have these awesome "Big Island" chocolate chip cookies on board. Yummm. I always ordered them for my DD. Yep, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!! :rolleyes1

I found this online today....its supposed to be an actual letter recieved by DCL:

Humor stories > Funny stories : Dear Disney Cruise Line

Dear Disney Cruise Line

Funny stories Rating : 5.89, 52 votes. Reviews : 16 [add review]
Dear Disney Cruise Line,

I would very much like to go on one of your cruises, but I have certain accomodations that need to be made before I book my trip. I need a room large enough to comfortably fit a king-size bed, as well as a king (Juan Carlos of Spain).

Juan is afraid of people and will only come aboard incognito. He will be arriving in the costume of a small cat and answers to the pseudonym of "Mr. Fizzlebush." He will need his litter box changed daily, the finest dry cat food, and fourteen bottles of your finest champagne (he is royalty, after all). His Majesty Juan Carlos is not to be touched, but should he decide to lick a crew member's face, he or she will be expected to kneel and grovel at His Majesty's paws. I hope you won't turn your back on a royal customer.

We look forward to sailing with you soon.

Thank you,

Jarod kintz

You're not stealing tips again are you?:rolleyes1
A mans gotta whatta mans gotta do!!!
I kind of have to wait and see how Uncle Sam is gonna stick it to me before I spare the $400.00. Should know in a few days if I'll be walking normal or not.:scared1:

Bring some POP-ROCKS with you to H&R BLOCK.....make it kinky!!

I thought I'd lost this thread... Didn't realize it had become a sticky... Now I gotta go catch up!!! :rolleyes1

Speak cruise and it'll bring me out of the woodwork everytime! :)

You all are going to have so much fun! Wish we could go with you all but we're doing the maiden voyage of the Dream in January... then we're going to rebook onboard for either the Alaskan or the maiden voyage of Disney's Fantasy in 2012...decisions, decisions!).

Here's a few tips pertaining to some of the posts above:

1) Don't watch the Poseidon Adventure or the remake, Poseidon, beforehand (loved that movie...but don't watch it!) Titanic is ok, no icebergs in the Bahamas :)

2) Deck 1 is your friend - all the free meclizine (same as Bonine) you want.

3) Attend the Captain's Welcome Reception (free mixed drinks-alcoholic and non-alcoholic).EDIT: This is only on the 7-Night cruises....sorry about that :(

4) Bring Nalgene Bottles to fill with the filtered water on deck 9. No reason to purchase bottled water.

5) Stateroom coolers are just that...coolers and will keep cold things cold. Put a couple of Nalgene bottles filled with ice in the cooler to help. Your stateroom host will leave a card for you to check if you want ice delivered to your room each day (twice a day).

6) The monster toilet: Let young kids hear it beforehand so it doesn't scare the shi...uh...so it doesn't scare them to death. Sounds like it's equipped with a jet engine!

7) Decorate your door! Stock up on those peel-and-stick magnets. They don't allow you to tape anything to your door but magnets are fine.

8) Most importantly: Purchase the refillable beer mug. Refills are 3.75 (I think) for 22 ounces! Although the initial cost is about $14 for the first beer, you get a nice heavy all glass mug as a souvenir.

CASTAWAY CAY (the worlds best island!)

Buy the Getaway Rental Package for Castaway Cay. It includes snorkel gear, bikes, and floats. Get off the ship early. Snorkel as soon as you can that morning, the water is crystal clear before everybody stirs it up. And look for Mickey, Minnie, Donald's boat, and the old Submarine from WDW's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I have locations for all these if you are interested.

Bike afterwards, the island is beautiful and make sure you go to the lookout tower. There's water stations on the bike routes. There are two routes, do them both and take your time. They don't hold you to the hour on the bike, we keep them for almost 2 hours and they said it's fine because they have plenty.

After stuffing yourself at Cookies BBQ, spend the rest of the time on the family beach floating and drinking :) while the kids play. Or if you're adults only, chill on the Adults only beach :) Get the full body floats not the tire-tube ones because they are not comfortable (but you can switch out if you don't like one or the other...they don't mind).

7) Geocache...there are a couple of caches on the island (so don't forget your GPSr). This is good if you rent the bikes.

NASSAU:
What we do - If you don't do Atlantis, I highly recommend the Pirate Museum if you have kids (but adults will like it too). DS was 6 when we visited it the first time and he insisted on reading every single trivia as you go. What should have been less than a 30 minute tour, ended up taking us about 2 hours at his reading pace! But it's fun, (educational ;) )cheap and within walking distance of the ship.

Do the straw market if you like to barter...love doing that! We also have done some land excursions and shopped some outlets for rum cakes, liquor (DH is a scouter for Patron tequila), tropical shirts, and hot sauce...oh hot sauce! If you are a connoisseur of hot sauces you must get some "D'Vanya's Junkanoo Hot Pepper Sauce" it has the best flavor! I stock up on that stuff.

I have bunches of tips, just can't think of all of them right now, so if you have any questions, I'll try to watch this thread and answer them.

I don't get on here often anymore but a couple of my friends do...one told me you all were doing a Fort Fiends cruise so I couldn't resist posting :) Just wish I could go too!

Didn't mean to write a novel here...but two of my favorite things in one thread....camping at the Fort and cruising with Mickey :)...oops...the Dream is Admiral Donald, not Captain Mickey :( but it's still Disney :)

I can't believe Rog has gotten me so excited about this trip with 18 MONTHS to go!!!! I'm looking at cruises for later this year now. I have the cruise bug and it's all Rog's fault!!! :sad2:

Tent Camping Mom.....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! These are EXACTLY the kind of tips I need!!!! Please...post more as it comes to mind. If you dont miond, Im going to copy and paste this on the Fort Fiends/FaceBook Friends Dream Cruise page under the DISCUSSIONS tab!!! Thanks again!!!

Kelly....I know.....Im so overwhelmed with wanting this cruise to happen I can hardly wait....seriously thinking about a summer cruise on Carnival!!!

7) Decorate your door! Stock up on those peel-and-stick magnets. They don't allow you to tape anything to your door but magnets are fine.

I sure the Fort Fiend logo mickey head will be on many doors

Can we get some more info on this Captain's Gala thing? When does that happen...the ring of FREE DRINKS has caught my attention!!!

Also...whats a NALGENE bottle???

Approximately how much is the GETAWAY RENTAL PACKAGE at Castaway per person?

Scott...got some special custom Camping Cruiser signs ready to go....

cruise.jpg

I wanna go too, but so far I have been unsuccessful at convincing the DH. He says he's not a "cruise kinda guy" and "what would we do with the dogs" (he wouldn't even go on business trips before we were married because he wouldn't leave the dogs with "just anyone") :(

I'm working on it. I have to lay low for a while and let him think about it...

I just looked at my Navigator (this is an activity list for each day) from last March, it's actually called the Captain's Welcome Reception on the first sea day....this was on the Magic 7-night cruise so then I looked at my 4-night from the June before, there was none. So I'm thinking the Captain's Reception must be only on the 7-nighter. :sad1:

A Nalgene bottle is just a plastic water bottle. I prefer Nalgene because they don't hold odors or stains and they last forever.

Getaway package last March was $32 for adults and $26 for child. You save about $5 per person if you buy the package. If you do them separately, snorkel gear was $25, Bikes $6, Floats $6.

BTW, love the sign you made!

Rog, is there any way you can "Fort-ify" Captain Mickey in the logo? It's fine the way it is, but it would be cool if it really represented the Fort Fiends!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter