• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FORT FIENDS DREAM CRUISE Sept 4th, 2011 (Labor Day Week)

Can we get some more info on this Captain's Gala thing? When does that happen...the ring of FREE DRINKS has caught my attention!!!

Also...whats a NALGENE bottle???

Approximately how much is the GETAWAY RENTAL PACKAGE at Castaway per person?

Scott...got some special custom Camping Cruiser signs ready to go....

cruise.jpg
Rog - I used this on our last cruise. So thanks. :thumbsup2 DH printed it on photo paper, then glued it onto poster board and cut it out. We then put magnet strips on the back and instant decoration.
However, we had so many that our table mates (that were 2 doors down) told us they told their kid to steal some from us. :eek: Nice! :sad2: We ended up putting some on their door because the poor kid was so embarassed by her parents I felt bad. :rotfl2:

Also, there is something called a Fish Extender (FE). Basically you get a tote bag or other hanging type pocket thingie and then do secret santa type gifts for everyone that signs up. It's loads of fun to sneak around and put stuff in the FEs. We had a group from Australia in our last group and DD ended up with a lot of fun Aussie stuff!

And TCM - I'm jealous you're on the inaugural cruise. We're going over July 4th for my parent's 50th anniversary.

Rog, is there any way you can "Fort-ify" Captain Mickey in the logo? It's fine the way it is, but it would be cool if it really represented the Fort Fiends!!

Mickey with the musket

FFDC.jpg

New Mickey...new sky...new words....sharper ship!!!

Eeyore....your info is invaluable!!! I have read about the fish extenders on the DIScruise boards...neat idea!

I had a feeling that the Captains Gala thing might only be for the 7+night cruises...sure sounded good though!!

Did you happen to notice if any families brought their own snorkles and masks to Castaway? I have several around here...and $25 is a little on the high side for stuff I wouldnt ming tugging along. The $6 for the bicycle rental is unbelievably LOW for Disney...thats a great deal!!! I assume thats per hour, right?

I was reading the cruise forum yesterday and read about the Fish Extender, sounds really neet. I have to read more about it. How many things do you need to bring with you to give out?
I know Rog has gotten everyone excited, when I keep talking about the cruise everyone is asking me when we are going, when I tell them 18 months, they think I'm nuts for talking about it so much.
I guess I just have to get excited about my fort trips that I have planned before the cruise.

We bring our own snorkels Rog. Their only requirement is that everyone wears their vests when snorkeling. Not to worry, they are free and hanging off the lifeguard chairs!!! :thumbsup2

Also, don't worry about booking bike rentals or floats prior to getting to CC. They have plenty for renting. You will have no problems getting them that day. So if you wake up hung over (which would never happen with this group :rolleyes:) and just want to lay in a hammock all day instead of biking etc., there is no reservation that you are held to (and hence no money).

As for the liquor, you may bring whatever you want on board. You must carry it on. They throw that luggage around like crazy if you watch and I guarantee the bottles will be broken. And then not only is your luggage stinking like alcohol, so is everyone else's!! So carry it on. Also, you can only bring soft sided coolers on board. No hard sided ones. All carry-ons must fit through the standard sized airport security xray machine. And you cannot bring ice!

Also, if you bring a bottle of wine to the dining room there is a $15 corkage fee. However...you are allowed to ask your room steward for glasses, uncork in your room and carry the filled glasses into the dining room. :thumbsup2 I love Disney that you can always work the system!!

Soda is free at the drink station on Deck 9 and at the meals. However, if you order cans to room service or buy it at the movie theater, there is a charge. Go to the drink station prior to a movie, get your drinks and bring them to the movies. Also, you can pick up pizza, chicken nuggets, whatever and bring that to the theater as well. Who needs to buy popcorn and candy?!

I'm sure there are more tips that I will recall and post. I told DH about this cruise. His response was "Well, did you want to use this to replace one of our other cruises already planned?" "Umm, nope, in addition too!" "Okay, if you have the vacation time, I'm in."
So now I have to plan out the 2011 vacation calendar. :rotfl2:

I'll post more on FE later. I think I need to get back to work to pay for all these cruises!! :rolleyes1 :lmao:

When we get closer to the big day, I will personalize one for everybody....My family will probably wear some tshirts with this on the first day.

Im not real crazy about the lettering, but ah well......should we put a date on it...or leave it blank incase we go on other cruises?

I wanna go too, but so far I have been unsuccessful at convincing the DH. He says he's not a "cruise kinda guy" and "what would we do with the dogs" (he wouldn't even go on business trips before we were married because he wouldn't leave the dogs with "just anyone") :(

I'm working on it. I have to lay low for a while and let him think about it...

You could always do what I do....leave him home. :lmao: I will be sailing solo on this one. It actually works out great. I have a great time and I know that he's happier being home and he's taking care of my fur babies. It's a win/win! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Did you happen to notice if any families brought their own snorkles and masks to Castaway? I have several around here...and $25 is a little on the high side for stuff I wouldnt ming tugging along. The $6 for the bicycle rental is unbelievably LOW for Disney...thats a great deal!!! I assume thats per hour, right?

Yes, many people bring their own and you can get the vest for free since it's required when using the snorkeling area.

$6 was the price last March for 1-hour rental BUT you can keep the bikes longer. You will find you won't need them longer than an hour. All you do is park it when you are finished, no need to check in or anything. We were there during Spring Break last year and the ship was very full but they still had plenty of bikes all day long.

I forgot to tell you, you can bring your own floats too. I've seen people many times blowing up those $2 floats from Wal-mart and when they're finished, just throw them away.

Awesome......Im having fits trying to handle that this is still so far away!!!

I'll be sending in my deposit as soon as Rhonda gets back from vacation!!!!!!! I REALLY need to decide how much I wanna spend on a stateroom now...I really want that veranda(cuz Im a smoker, and I like the thought of the wifes claustrophobia being relaxed with an "escape into the shark infested waters" below)...but DAAAAANG....its so much more expensive!!!! What to do, what to do........an extra $700 for a room with a balcony that I most likely will only be sleeping, showering and changing in, hmmmm. I dont think I can do it.....can ya cast a fishing line off of a balcony? Can ya hang a clothes line with limegreen boxers hanging from it?;)

Hey...I wonder if I really COULD go fishing from the ship???? Zac & Cody did on THEIR cruise ship!!!!

I am sending my deposit in also as soon as Rhonda gets back. We are taking a inside statroom. The first (and only cruise) we took, we didn't even spend that much time in the room. I am also a smoker and went up on the deck that was for smoking and ended up meeting some really nice people up there. So I just have to deal with not smoking that much (better for me I guess). But that is how we can afford to do this cruise.

just a thought we can find someone that is taking a veranda room and ask them if we can hang our clothes line there!!!!:rotfl2:

Im with you, Lorna...I just cant justify the extra cost. And youre right...maybe it will force me to smoke less...or at least take more walks!!!

Carol.....we're coming to do our laundry and smoke on your balcony at 2am!!!! ;)

Im with you, Lorna...I just cant justify the extra cost. And youre right...maybe it will force me to smoke less...or at least take more walks!!!

Start now and you could quit by then. :goodvibes

I really loves me some Rog, like to have him around for a long time. :thumbsup2

No fishing from the Ship, I know someone who has asked before. :rolleyes1

Rog - get yourself some of those electronic ciggies. DH uses them in places he can't smoke!! :thumbsup2
And if we do end up cruising with you guys, you can come use our verandah to smoke.
Just no hanging those green boxers off the railings. I do have some class :snooty: NOT :rolleyes1

And Denise, I have no idea why I quoted you instead of Rog. :confused3

Awwww, Thanks D....I loves me some Denise too!!!! And I cant IMAGINE who may have asked about fishing from a cruise ship before!!!! Dats m'boy!!!!

If I WERE getting a veranda room..you know damn good & well Id sneak a colapsable pole onboard and throw a line over in the middle of the night to see what I could catch...or how fast it would take the crew to catch me!!

Eeyore...Ive been thinking about those BLU cigarettes....its a neat idea that seems like it has potential to work!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter