Fort Lauderdale/Pompano temporary summer housing. Where to start?

floridafam

DIS Veteran
DS will be working an internship in Ft Lauderdale this summer and will need housing for three months.

Of course, he’s looking but I thought I’d see if anyone had any good suggestions of where to look.

He will be near the area of Cypress Creek Road.

Thank you for any info you can provide.

My DD had an internship in Houston for a summer a couple of years ago, and sorry, I don’t know your particular area at all. But my “general” suggestions would be:
1.have your DS ask the company what other interns have done in previous years.
2. Have your DS see if there are other interns who will also be needing housing.
3. Check AirBNB for options.
4 see if there are any universities close by. Perhaps there are people wanting to sublet apartments for the summer; or see I’d the university rents out any rooms for the summer.

My DD ended up in grad student housing for the summer, at Rice. They offer this for people with internships only. Parking was available, but extra, and was important in that particular area.

My DD was offered a full time job after graduation as a result of her internship. She declined it, as she felt the company did not leave a good impression with her, as a result of the no-help from the housing perspective during the internship. There were other reasons too. The housing stuff was a big part of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter